Code of Conduct

Default What is a Millesime?

What is a Millesime or Millesime base? Is this just a Creed thing.

I've seen the same frangrances and one would be Millesime and the other EDT.

What's the difference and which is better INO

Thrax

Default Re: What is a Millesime?

Legend has it that Millesime's are EDP strength. Somehow I kind of doubt it...

Supposedly it's a higher concentration of the parfum itself - stronger than EDT like an EDP.
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

Millesime = EdP

Its a Creed french buzzword
    -

If Millesime is EdP strength, then it would have around 12-18% "fragrance" in it, right? I read somewhere that EdP strength frags should last 4-6 hours.

My MI hardly reaches past two hours before I can hardly detect it!

Me and the wife just celebrated our 5th millesime. I love her to death.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by badaim
    If Millesime is EdP strength, then it would have around 12-18% "fragrance" in it, right? I read somewhere that EdP strength frags should last 4-6 hours.

A real EDP should last much longer than that. My EDT's last that long.

I use 6 sprays of MI and it lasts atleast 6 hours on me (as well as on some other people I know). The only Creeds that I have found to have below average longevity are Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse and Neroli Sauvage.

There are many EDTs which last far longer than EDPs.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    Yea.. I ran the word through altavista's Babelfish, and it translated to Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax
    A real EDP should last much longer than that. My EDT's last that long.
    Not if you own L'Artisans (which I think you dont). Once again, compare the L'Artisan line to A*Men or Kouros or some other EDTs..EDTs vary in their longevity too.
    -

Millesime is French for vintage, or year. I don't notice a significant difference between Millesime Creeds and other Creeds.

From the Creed website:

“Millésime” is a French term that denotes a product of extra fine quality and Creed's “Millésime” fragrances contain the highest percentage of natural essences to be found in the French perfume industry.
    They continue to be produced, largely by hand, using time-honoured techniques in the highest tradition of classical perfumery.
    They are all of Eau de Parfum strength, and therefore more complex and long lasting than the Eaux de Toilette…

Millesimes

Bois du Portugal
    Erolfa
    Green Irish Tweed
    Green Valley
    Himalaya
    Millesime Imperial
    Neroli Sauvage
    Original Santal
    Original Vetiver
    Royal Delight
    Royal Water
    Sliver Mountain Water
    Tabarome Millesime
    -
    Energy flows where attention goes.
    -

What about the Creed private collection? Are they EDPs? They have some amazing stuff in there (Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Fleurs The Rose, Cuir De Russie) - would be surprising if they all turn out to be EDTs !
    -

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    I used to work with a guy that could millesime his way out almost any assignment.
    There is no Nose....

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Not if you own L'Artisans (which I think you dont). Once again, compare the L'Artisan line to A*Men or Kouros or some other EDTs..EDTs vary in their longevity too.
    L'artisans have amazing longevity on me. (and I have had quite a few)

I use 6 sprays of MI and it lasts atleast 6 hours on me (as well as on some other people I know). The only Creeds that I have found to have below average longevity are Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse and Neroli Sauvage.

There are many EDTs which last far longer than EDPs.
    Interesting. Only have a small sample vial, so I'm only doing three spirtz at one time, LOL. That could be the problem!!!

Hmm....perhaps I'll pick up a bottle next time and spray six. If MI DOES last six hours on me, then I'll personally give daily blood sacrifices.

In a particularly good year, Champagne makers take the the very best grapes [...] and create a vintage Champagne called millésime that is superior to the standard Champagne. Now, [...] what if you did something similar with perfume - take one spectacular harvest from one year and one single place and put that flower in a "vintage"?

This is how Givenchy came to create millésime versions of three of its fragrances.
    --from http://www.chandlerburr.com/articles/spritzer.html

My L'Artisans generally give me significantly stronger longevity than my Creeds. I own bottles of many fragrances from each house.
    -
    -

Now I am quite confused... Because i see a few of you saying all Millesime are Eau De Parfum however if you go to purchase any of the frags u listed like imperial or git then you can actually purchase a EDT or an EDP .. For example on scentiments.com you have a 2.5 GIT thats EDP and a 4.0 thats EDT.
    2.5 Parfum
    http://www2.scentiments.com/Product/...id=88362&cid=8
    4.0 EDT
    http://www2.scentiments.com/Product/...id=85946&cid=8

Also you can goto aedes.com and see that all they sell is the 2.5 EDP of the creed line none of the 4.0 EDT.. and if you goto fragrancenet.com all they sell is the EDT's

and furthermore clarification

http://www.aedes.com/brand.php?brand_id=7&cat_id=1

aedes has them broken down into EDT and EDP

Anyways not sure.. which is which and what is what.. Can anyone clarify for me? I am going to call scentiments tomorrow and ask them but even if you look at the difference in GIT on creeds official uk site the bottle is clear yet the ones you find listed as EDT are the ones with the green overcase..
    Last edited by chadmwgarrett; 23rd October 2006 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    My L'Artisans generally give me significantly stronger longevity than my Creeds. I own bottles of many fragrances from each house.
    I am yet to find a single l'artisan which can last as long as BdP, Royal english leather, vintage tabarome, orange spice, original santal, fleurs de bulgarie or tabarome millesime. Perhaps you can tell me which l'artisans last longer than 3 hours on you - the "extreme" versions perhaps ?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by chadmwgarrett
    Now I am quite confused... Because i see a few of you saying all Millesime are Eau De Parfum however if you go to purchase any of the frags u listed like imperial or git then you can actually purchase a EDT or an EDP .. For example on scentiments.com you have a 2.5 GIT thats EDP and a 4.0 thats EDT.
    Neiman Marcus is an official Creed retailer - their classifications can be seen at :

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...rId=cat4830738
    -

Quote Originally Posted by chadmwgarrett
    2.5 Parfum
    http://www2.scentiments.com/Product/...id=88362&cid=8
    4.0 EDT
    http://www2.scentiments.com/Product/...id=85946&cid=8

Also you can goto aedes.com and see that all they sell is the 2.5 EDP of the creed line none of the 4.0 EDT.. and if you goto fragrancenet.com all they sell is the EDT's so I have to disagree with you on all millesime are EDP unless the frag stores online are lieing which i dont believe.. however i could be wrong?? anyone else notice that?
    Creed's own definition of millesime, as well as the complete list of Creed's millesime fragrances is listed in my previous post. Online retailers describe fragrances inaccurately all the time. The two Green Irish Tweeds on the Scentiments website are the same thing. They are both millesimes. There is only one concentration of Green Irish Tweed. It does not come in an EDT concentration.
    -
    -

Ok so all Creeds are EDP .. So why is the bottle on aedes different than the one on say neimanmarcus.com

http://www.aedes.com/product.php?product_id=1683

Just curious I am confused I dont want to get ripped off by paying for something that is not what it is.. I have 3 bottles of Creed Santal And Imperial are quite simliar but my tabarome on the bottom has printed
    Toilet Water
    ingredients s d alcohol 39-c,perfume,water

Not trying to argue just want to make sure I fully understand... I mean its kinda like coco mademioselle you have an EDT an EDP.. I mean all they do is water down the concentration more.. so like for example you said It does not come in an EDT concentration... I would think that the original concentration could be dilluted to a EDP quality frag or an EDT quality frag either way its like making orange juice or a stiff drink how strong do you want it?.. Does anyone know of anyone that has the clear bottle of GIT if they even exist?
    Last edited by chadmwgarrett; 23rd October 2006 at 07:59 AM.

NO ONE! ( !!!!!!!!!!!) knows the true concentration of Creed's! NO ONE! ( !!!!!!!!!!!!)

Haha.. they claim to be EDP but they really don't seem like it. I think they're more like EDT's. Or perhaps a hybrid of the two. Something EDPT, perhaps? I like my Millesime Imperial a lot and I'll keep wearing it. It can be had on discount sites for relatively cheap now (compared to MSRP) so getting more of it is really no issue.

Regarding L'Artisan: most of their fragrances have okay longevity on me. They last but they don't project very far. They're more like skin scents to me. The longest-lasting, furthest projecting L'Artisan (for me) is Tea for Two. Both L'Artisan and Creed make very respectable fragrances.

I don't have any problems with the longevity of both Creed and l'Artisan. Millésime Impérial lasts a whole day on me and my girlfriend, as do Vétiver and Original Vetiver. Tea for Two is indeed the longevity-champion when it comes to l'Artisan but again, I don't have any problems with Méchant Loup, l'Eau de l'Artisan and Dzing! either...

For me it doesn't matter what it's labeled: EDT, EDP, EDC, ... if they last, I'm happy!

Interesting. Only have a small sample vial, so I'm only doing three spirtz at one time, LOL. That could be the problem!!!

Hmm....perhaps I'll pick up a bottle next time and spray six. If MI DOES last six hours on me, then I'll personally give daily blood sacrifices.

MI is a strange one. At first I thought the longevity was poor, but later I realised that this frag is really quite long lived but happens to be one my nose gets tired of and stops smelling. Recently I have got a whole day out of it, no problem, with 4 sprays.

I think the milisimes are edps and do endure well (mostly - Neroli is short lived but so delicious I forgive it), and that creeds are not designed to be really heavy perfumes. They are still smellable by people aroud after a long time, but subtly rather than in-your-face.
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 23rd October 2006 at 10:40 AM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews