Code of Conduct

Default Gucci Pour Homme : I found it!

With the recent thread on Gucci PH, I had to go on a quest to find it. I went straight to TJ Maxx after work to browse through their frag offerings. None to be found. The TJ Maxx in Rock Hill sucks, but since I was in there, I bought some gloves and other items for winter. When I left the store, I went over to Ross, which is literally next door. I did'nt see a fragrance counter right away, so I browsed again for other items for home that I needed. I picked up a shower curtain and on my way up to register, I strolled through the accessories department. Next to the jewelry counter, I spied a tall perfume case. I walked around glancing other the packages and on the far corner of the second shelf I see it.....a lone 1.7 ounce Gucci pour Homme and it was $25 (too much?). Mission accomplished! The case was locked, so I had to get an employee to open it. Since they were swamped and perhaps very much underpaid, I waited (forever!) and glanced over the case again. I saw bottles of Hugo Boss, huge bottles of Catalyst, Fendi pour Homme, Gucci Femme, Bulgari Homme, Paco XS, Versace and a host of other dept. store/ designer fare (.... the omnipresent Brittany Spears' Curious: not withstanding! It was in the bargain bin next to the J-Lo Glo.) On the top shelf, I found several bottles of Opium PH edt (another strike!). All of these fragrances seemed to be from $15 to $30. I waited til what seemed like forever and finally the store manager opened to case and asked what I wanted. I ended up getting the Opium too since I love the edp so such.
    The manager would'nt let me have them to carry up to the counter: she had to do it (store policy). It was funny, because on a nearby table, there were loads of gift sets of some of the fragrances that were in the cabinet, including Catalyst.

It was'nt long before I had the Gucci out of box and on the back of my hand. It was a nice afternoon to experience it for the first time. 43 F and windy with a brilliant autumnal sun. I can't stop smelling the back of my hand. I loved the samples of CDG 2: Man that I used up. Now I have something similar, but somehow...better.

S

Default Re: Gucci Pour Homme : I found it!

Another has turned!

It's a great scent. I love to wear it but can't find the appropriate weather often enough to enjoy it as much as I'd like. It is a very fun scent. I am glad to find another fan.

I am excited because I have a bottle on the way! I got mine from Scentiments.com. Can't wait!!!!

Hey paintrman, how did you get scentiments to send it over here?

Is there some hidden trick I don't know? =(

I didn't. I had it sent to my sister's house in Oklahoma. My Aunt will bring it down in a few weeks. It's a long wait but worth it. I could have it mailed but it would be very expensive. I know people with mail accounts based at the border and they charge for weight and a percentage of the total cost of the item plus postage to the border so for this little bottle of Gucci would be about $18. Mailing to Mexico completely ruins the deep discount of Scentiments.com!

Thrax

Gucci PH just wasnt my bag. It is really good stuff no doubt. But just not for Jesse. Jesse dont Gucci.

Holy crap! My Ross sucks (I did get a few frags there; Bvlgari Black and By Man the best scores). I work at the TJ Maxx in my town (first dibs on the frags, plus a few bucks off all the already-inexpensive stuff), and we just got in 6 bottles of Gucci PH travel sizes (1oz) for $19.99. Not that terrific of a deal, but this one seems to be really growing on me and I think it will be great in this cold fall weather. Well, the employee 20% off weekend is coming up soon, so maybe $16 ain't so bad... but I'd rather get the 1.7 at Ross if they stock it...

Wink Re: Gucci Pour Homme : I found it!

This one is very interesting. I do like it and own several big bottles. But my first experiences with it were like smelling burnt waxy crayons and pine chips, sort of like a duraflame log. In fact, exactly like a Duraflame log. But it is a great base for other fragrances.

Later it began to open up to me, but it is a very linear, unidimensional scent. I actually layer it with a tiny spritz of Escentric Molecules to give it a little pink peppercorn and some Iso E Super.

I like it because it's understated and stays close to the skin. "Different" is an underdescriptive word that I don't use often, but one that applies to this fragrance. If the sillage were doubled, I could see this one being in the Comme des Garcons Incense series, which I love.

The only thing I don't love about this frag is its lack of portability.

I agree, the bottle is so heavy, I remember recieving in the mail. The look the Postman had on his face said it all about the weight of the 100ml.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Gucci PH is sublime, so I never wear it. Illogical. I'm afraid I'll run out. It really smells like heaven on earth. Not particularly sexy, per se, but evocative.

I tested this yesterday for the first time, while looking for new frag for hubby. I thought it was wonderful !! I managed to find a bottle thru a basenotes member, so we can try it for awhile with paying the full price. I might even try it for myself.

I love it but cant wear it enough. I guess winter's too short. curses.

next year i will be living in upstate NY so I'm guessing the little guy's gonna get a lot of use then. for now, it waits...

For me, this was a tragic mistake due to being a purchase made unsniffed. I thought I couldn't go wrong. Well, I was wrong. It completely fell apart on my skin. It didn't seem well blended, in fact, I thought it seemed very linear after the fruity top note was gone. I also didn't care for the pineapply fruity top note. I gave it away.

This ones not for me - its too woody and full of cedar and pepper. Its composition needs supporting notes to make it wearable. For cedarwood lovers, this might be a HG candidate.
    -

Gucci pour Homme was my SOTD today and I think I've sprayed a little too much in the morning. My mother was standing right beside me in the kitchen and said: "OH, this is gross". I told her that I just sprayed and it will be half gone in five minutes ....
    Last edited by dr.creed; 8th March 2007 at 02:08 AM.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman
    For me, this was a tragic mistake due to being a purchase made unsniffed. I thought I couldn't go wrong. Well, I was wrong. It completely fell apart on my skin. It didn't seem well blended, in fact, I thought it seemed very linear after the fruity top note was gone. I also didn't care for the pineapply fruity top note. I gave it away.
    I don't think we're talking about the same GPH. My GPH doesn't have anything close to fruity or pineapply. all I get is spice, pepper, incense, and dark dark wood. Maybe you're thinking of the new GPH II which I need to try for myself soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Redcomet
    I don't think we're talking about the same GPH. My GPH doesn't have anything close to fruity or pineapply. all I get is spice, pepper, incense, and dark dark wood. Maybe you're thinking of the new GPH II which I need to try for myself soon...
    Yep, that was what I was thinking. To my nose, there's nothing even remotely fruity about GPH. Sigh, I ADORE the stuff.

Anyone know where GPH II can be ordered in the EU? I haven't seen it anywhere yet... and am really looking forward to trying it!
    For swap/sale: Vintage MPG Santal Noble, vintage Tiffany for Men, 1 Million Absolutely Gold, 1 Million Intense, Bentley Intense, Prada Amber pour Homme DELUXE version, Loewe Pour Homme, Pure Malt 2013, Floris Vetiver, vintage YSL Rive Gauche pour Homme, Dior Homme Intense, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

GPH has always been in my short list, but as I'm trying to keep the size of my wardrobe under control, I think I'm going to give my father a bottle for Father's Day and keep a decant for myself. No remorse then!
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy