Code of Conduct

Default Where To Buy Habit Rouge Edp (not Edt)?

I've looked all over for it, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Advice?

Default Re: Where To Buy Habit Rouge Edp (not Edt)?

Are you sure this is the fragrance for you? Have you ever tested it?
    Well, I tried the edt and all I smelt was a cloud of sour talcum powder...
    After all the rave reviews I read here It was definetely a cold water bath!!!

I love the EDT -- it's very rich and spicy on me.
    I just keep hearing/reading about the EDP version, and am anxious to try it if it won't cost me an arm and a leg.

I think it's only in the European market. I found it for 48 pounds($89.92 at today's exchange rate) at escentual.co.uk.

http://www.escentual.com/cgi-bin/Esc...w/habitrouge10

http://www.menstyle.co.uk/acatalog/G...0ml.html#a5331

Bumped this thread 'cos I'm trying to find this juice on the cheap(ish) in the UK. Found the above site, which I've never heard of before but which looks pretty kosher, flogging it for £51 a bottle - cheapest I've come across. If anyone knows where to get this cheaper I'd be pleased to hear about it. I'm haunting Ebay in the hopes but no-one's let a bottle of it go on there for yonks...

Well, happy hunting. It's kind of hard to find. Finding at a bargain price will be tricky.

I have the limited edition North American version they released a couple of years ago call Beau Cavalier. I'm led to believe it is basically the EdP with a fancy name. Can't find that here any more.

Its one of my favorites- top three for sure. Smoother and longer lasting than the EdT. One of the few bottles I backed up right away. I havent looked in awhile, but have only seen at some of the lesser known websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Found the above site, which I've never heard of before but which looks pretty kosher, flogging it for £51 a bottle - cheapest I've come across.
    I think you're going to be hard-pressed to find it online for a better price.

Suck it up and pounce. The EdP version is likely not a big enough seller to entice may of the prominent discount sites. Also probably not produced in enough quantity for much of a gray market.

Many of the regular Guerlains can be tough to find, let alone the special editions like this one.

Beauty Encounter in the U.S. carried it in the leather-clad bottle, and I think eScentual did as well, but the latter had full price at 63 Pounds.

The silver bottle U.S. Beau Cavalier edition is totally sold out.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Aaaaaaah, I don't know. I think I'm a fence-sitter I think on this one. I may just carry on with the damn waiting game on Ebay and see if an edp shows up there. I just read a thread here which suggested that the reformulated edp doesn't punch much beyond the edt longevity & sillage and that - to be honest more than the oud note (although that does sound good) - is what I wanted from it.

Some frags I seem to ponder and some I just sniff and buy. Did that with Caron's 3rd Man this week, just seemed like a no-brainer after a sample wear: gotta have it! I'm also in the middle of a second full wear of L'DDM & trying to decide whether to hit the button on that one as well!

Frag decisions!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Aaaaaaah, I don't know. I think I'm a fence-sitter I think on this one. I may just carry on with the damn waiting game on Ebay and see if an edp shows up there. I just read a thread here which suggested that the reformulated edp doesn't punch much beyond the edt longevity & sillage and that - to be honest more than the oud note (although that does sound good) - is what I wanted
    Well, I don't want to sway you one way or the other, but for what it's worth, the EdP has much better longevity on me. That's a big part of why I bought it. The agarwood is nice too, but the better longevity is primary reason I'm such a fan of HR EdP.

I guess everyone's experience will vary, but the EdP much smoother and more potent on me.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Well, I don't want to sway you one way or the other, but for what it's worth, the EdP has much better longevity on me. That's a big part of why I bought it. The agarwood is nice too, but the better longevity is primary reason I'm such a fan of HR EdP.

I guess everyone's experience will vary, but the EdP much smoother and more potent on me.
    I agree with Stylin that the EDP is longer lasting. The EDT is very nice but lighter and with more citrus.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I find the edit to have more sillage and it last long. The edp is woody with a more powdery effect from the oud wood in all I find the edp to stay much closer to the skin.

I did call the Madison Ave boutique yesterday and from who I spoke to never heard of a edp for habit rouge and insisted it was the edt I was talking about and that I was a confused individual. What an condescending snob who is only truly a sales assistant.
    Last edited by scentimus; 3rd July 2011 at 08:43 PM.