Code of Conduct

Thumbs down Dzing! & the 90 minutes of fame

I am almost embarrased to admit that I have actually tried very hard (almost forced myself) to fall in love with this fragrance. Don`t know exactly why, but I have always found the image and the idea behind this fragrance very compelling. And, I guess the hype didn`t make my longing any weaker, although later on, I admit, general appreciation for this fragrance has gotten me irritated more than anything.

I have tried this scent from three different sample vials, over the last year or so.
    The result has always been the same, just like it has happened this evening:

I put it on my hand, and few dabs for my cheeks.

- Very nice scent staright from the bottle/vial; soft and pure leather - almost exactly like stepping into some leather store full of fresh leather accessories. Very nice leather, not that animalic to my nose.

- 15min later : It has gotten a bit stronger, more sweet and spicy. Leather is still there.

- 30min later : Volume quite much still the same. Little vanillic. Leather has disappeared quite much, giving more room to musk and soft woods.

- 60min later : During the last 30 minutes alot has happened. Very much toned down volume/sillage. Slightly powdery. Slightly woody with smooth & rounded charachter. No leather at all.

- 90min later : Very, very weak. Distant and soft without any edge to it. Worthless.

- 91min later : "Too bad. This scent basically has what it takes, although I have never seen the animalic point of view of it, which many people keep talking about. Still, the biggest stumbling block is the ridicilously short and weak duration, especially for this kind of fragrance. I need more than this. This scent if anything should enjoy a blast of steroids. EdP strengh perhaps?? Well, perhaps but..."

...actually to my own suprise my love for leathery scents has been dying quite fast lately, along with my hopes for ever liking Dzing! I`ve come to almost despise the classics as Tabac Blond, Knize Ten, Bandit, Aramis etc. Even Cuir Mauresque I can`t stand.
    Maybe my love for leather will arise again someday, but for now, I will be happier without.

One more thing. I think Fahrenheit has way much more to do with circus and than Dzing! Way much more. Of course, I could also mention MKK, but that is more human odour than animal.
    Just my opinion. And I`ve been to circus quite a few times in my life.

Oh puke. My very last thumb down for Dzing!

Default Re: Dzing! & the 90 minutes of fame

I disagree with most of what you say: I find it lasts reasonably well (~4 hours), has a lot going on aside from leather (a fumey oil note, a soggy organic woody sawdust note, a "noisy" note, etc) and fell in love without any self-inflicted arm twisting. What I agree with, though, is that there needs to be a Dzing! EDP.

On another note (ha-ha), every now and again, I get a "diaper note" out of Dzing. Not soiled diapers, mind you, but the factory smell of diapers when you first tear open the package from the store. Guess I'm just grazy.

Dzing! is the one highlight for me in the largely watery and disappointing L'Artisan line up (havent tried them all but have tried atleast 8 of the most talked about ones). The circus association is very exaggerated. However, I love the cardboard note and the overall scent is intriguing and unique. It certainly blows the doors off something like the patchouli-laden Voleur De Roses and the kettle-and-tea-bag happy Tea for Two.

I can understand that some people might be turned off by the cardboardness of the scent, but overall, Dzing! is wearable. 4 stars out of 5.
    -

^^

I`ve always been quite sceptical about these much talked about "skin issues", but I`ve been forced to gradually believing in them.

Or, are these so called skin issues after all just "nose issues"...

Hmm. Who knows.

ps. I`m not mocking people who find some sort of fascination from this scent. Of course not. This was just my way to "say final goodbye" for this scent, that has got me scratching my head for so long. (and with that, get me some interesting read from you guys considering this frag)

Now, I swear I will never say "Dzing!" again - as long as I live.

When I wear Dzing! I spray my clothes only and I can truly tell that it lasts way longer than 24 hours. After 24 hours the scent is still clearly recognizable, but after 48 hours it's actually gone.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed
    When I wear Dzing! I spray my clothes only and I can truly tell that it lasts way longer than 24 hours. After 24 hours the scent is still clearly recognizable, but after 48 hours it's actually gone.
    I certainly agree that it lasts way longer on clothes. On my skin, Dzing! is gone within an hour. But when I spray my shirt, I can still smell it 8 hours later. BTW, I usually use 6-8 sprays of this rather subtle juice.

More premature ejaculations.

It lasts a strong 10-12 hours on my skin.

I had the same perceptions when I was first wearing it but those perceptions were inaccurate.

A magnificent fragrance - complex, diffusive and long-lasting.
    Last edited by pluran; 24th October 2006 at 10:43 PM.
    "You have to paint things black in order to make future possibilities more vivid." Michel Foucault

I like Dzing! but it doesn't last on my skin either. I have to spray it every hour. Can't wait to finish the bottle and wait until they come up with the EDP version. L'Artisan is not my favorite house. No. No.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    That's hilarious. More premature ejaculations.
    Your arrogant attitude makes me sick. Thumbs way down for you, too.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed
    Most scents last long when sprayed on clothes (yes, even the L'artisans).

On skin, Dzing! lasts 3-3.5 hours on me with 7-8 sprays.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonMurderer
    Your arrogant attitude makes me sick. Thumbs way down for you, too.
    Have you ever thought that there may be a reason for the attitude?

Premature, negative ejaculations dominate the board lately. But people have the right to say what they want so I am sure there will be more to come. I have learnd that if I don't like it I may begin to in another six months. The olfactory system is a mystery. I have also learned that if I don't like it there is really nothing to say other than that I don't like it. There is nothing to write about. It will just upset people if anything. There are very few fragrances that I truly dislike, although I certainly wouldn't wear all of them.
    Last edited by pluran; 24th October 2006 at 10:25 PM.
    "You have to paint things black in order to make future possibilities more vivid." Michel Foucault

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    Dzing! is the one highlight for me in the largely watery and disappointing L'Artisan line up (havent tried them all but have tried atleast 8 of the most talked about ones). The circus association is very exaggerated. However, I love the cardboard note and the overall scent is intriguing and unique. It certainly blows the doors off something like the patchouli-laden Voleur De Roses and the kettle-and-tea-bag happy Tea for Two.

I can understand that some people might be turned off by the cardboardness of the scent, but overall, Dzing! is wearable. 4 stars out of 5.

If they were only made by Creed

With all of the castoreum and Peru balsam I get a good deal of circus associations from Dzing!, although the circus is not what I think of when I smell it.

As for Tea for Two and Voleur de Roses, they are just as good or better. There is a lot more to Tea for Two than a kettle and tea bag. I have at times found it more complex than Chergui. Although there is a good amount of patchouli in it, Voleur de Roses has a lot more going than just patchouli. I do like patchouli so it makes since that I'd like the fragrance.
    Last edited by pluran; 24th October 2006 at 10:27 PM.

Have you ever thought that there may be a reason for the attitude?
    Yes, it must be that yellow liquid that runs through your brains.

I have at times found it more complex than Chergui.
    I disagree with that statement, but am glad you enjoy Tea for two like many others.
    -

Yes, it must be that yellow liquid that runs through your brains.
    You're heading into the lower levels of human behavior. There's no need to. I definitely won't go there.

You're heading into the lower levels of human behavior. There's no need to. I definitely won't go there.
    Looks like theres some Dzing! in this thread !
    -

I definitely won't go there.
    Yes, because you are so wise, mature and....evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    I disagree with that statement, but am glad you enjoy Tea for two like many others.
    I own bottles of both and have worn them for well over a year. The distinction was made: "at times" I have found Tea for Two more complex. Given the raw ingredients of both, it would be hard to imagine Tea for Two being more complex but its a very well made fragrance.

Yes, because you are so wise, mature and....evolved.
    A lot more than I once was anyway.

Your posts are not revealing the same about you but I understand.

A lot more than I once was anyway.

Your posts are not revealing the same about you but I understand.
    Oh darn, you got the last word this time. But when I am in your age, I must be quite ready to fight younger ones with their stupid, hilarious threads like this.

Oh dear, I just can`t wait to get older.

Oh darn, you got the last word this time. But when I am in your age, I must be quite ready to fight younger ones with their stupid, hilarious threads like this.

Oh dear, I just can`t wait to get older.
    I'm don't consider this fighting. I did that when I was younger.

Have a good one PM. I have business/pleasure to take care of.

Keep expressing yourself. I like your enthusiasm.

pluran
    Last edited by pluran; 24th October 2006 at 11:04 PM.

DZING! DZING! VERBAL INTERNET FORUM ARGUMENT IMMINENT! DZING!DZING!DZING!
    ARMANI CODE RED! CODE RED! DZING! DZING!
    PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE NEAREST EXIT IN A SAFE AND ORDERLY FASHION! DZING!DZING!
    DZING! DZING! DZING! PLEASE REMAIN CALM! DZINGDZINGAINGINGINZINGZING! SYSTEM FAILURE!
    REVERTING TO BACK UP SYSTEMS! TEAFORTWO!TEAFORTWO!TEAFORTWO!TEAFORTWO!TEAFORTWO!

Ahem.

I really, really like Dzing! but I don't get the animalic notes either. What I DO get is the leather-canvas of a circus tent, the rubber of circus toys, and sweet notes of circus candy. Quite a yummy scent, imo.
    Last edited by myaccolades; 24th October 2006 at 10:57 PM.

Enough of the insults and slights exchanges. Take them to PM because putting them in public is using the board as a stage.

More insults on this thread will lead me to lock it.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

If they were only made by Creed
    Whats that supposed to mean? If I like Creed, its because I find most of their fragrances more in tune with what I am looking for. If I were more inclined towards heavy "travel inspired" scents, I would probably prefer Serge Lutens. I look forward to Creed releases with more enthusiasm, but I try any new scent nonetheless - if I like it, I put it on my wishlist. "Me dont discriminate perfume bottle." I like Dzing! - and after I am done with my decant, I will buy a bottle. Creed or no Creed.
    -

I am almost embarrased to admit :...
    I have tried this scent from three different sample vials, over the last year or so ...actually to my own suprise my love for leathery scents has been dying quite fast lately, along with my hopes for ever liking Dzing! I`ve come to almost despise the classics as Tabac Blond, Knize Ten, Bandit, Aramis etc. Even Cuir Mauresque I can`t stand. Maybe my love for leather will arise again someday, but for now, I will be happier without.

One more thing. I think Fahrenheit has way much more to do with circus and than Dzing! Way much more. Of course, I could also mention MKK, but that is more human odour than animal.
    Oh puke. My very last thumb down for Dzing!
    You have gotten me quite engaged in the story connected with your official good bye to a frag you tried so hard to love during such a long period. Just getting three vials may not have been easy. I limited my sampling to spraying Dzing from testers on display, but it only took weeks before I decided 'not in my collection'. Fortunately, because it would have been too sad if my efforts would have resulted in a similar dislike for any leather notes. Knize Ten, Cuiron and all the ones on my wish list - it's almost like disposing of all my frags on a single day, or stopping cigarettes another time in my life! ... Oh, I hope it's just fatigue and you'll love leather one day again, or find a good replacement. You can't have your collection out of balance for life!
    If a circus has any kinship with cologne - Fahrenheit, yes! Though I am glad Dior didn't propagate that.
    Last edited by narcus; 24th October 2006 at 11:40 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I have to say that Pigeon Murderer's time spanned description is dead on with my experience. I only hope that with time and patience, Pluran's description of time changing that fact may ring true for me. Because I do love it, but 90 minutes later-goodbye.

Post Re: Dzing! & the 90 minutes of fame

I agree here with my fellow finn, Pigeon Murderer. Well, it lasts for me reasonably well, but the interesting beginning is gone too soon, after that, it's just flat and dull. This house is not for me, for a long time I enjoyed Passage d'Enfer, not anymore. It was the last one I really liked.