Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Avon Tomorrow - hidden gem!!!

Today a co-worker had me sniff a page in the Avon catelogue (sp?) she was looking at so I could smell their fragrance called Tomorrow. WOW!!!!!!!!! She let me rub my wrist on the page. It's a GREAT scent for fall. It's advertised as "A seductive oriental scent enriched with cocoa, amber and sensual patchouli." I think the description is pretty dead on. It's very intoxicating. At first it smelled a bit like Lolita Lempicka, but after a few minutes it was more like the old version of Burberry London or John Varvatos (which I think smell pretty similar).

I know I didn't get a typical wearing of it, since I just rubbed my wrist on the page instead of getting to spray it directly on my skin. But for the price, I just had to get a bottle. It's $20 retail, but of course I found it on ebay for $10. And they threw in a free leather wallet .

There are a few reviews about Tomorrow in the directory. Does anyone else have experience with this beauty?
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Default Re: Avon Tomorrow - hidden gem!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    There are a few reviews about Tomorrow in the directory. Does anyone else have experience with this beauty?
    I am happy to own Tomorrow, too.

The initial impression is sweet and vaguely gourmand, but not exactly edible. The chocolate is there, but not like a Hershey bar, more like cocoa powder or unsweetened baker's chocolate. Eventually, it recedes and the patchouli comes to the fore, adding spiciness and some more traditional qualities.

The bottle is handsome, as well -- obviously inspired by Dior Homme.

Was she wearing the female or the male version?
    Both have a somewhat related feel to them, the female being more gourmand and the male being woodsy. Wich reminds me, i have to write a review for each. So i do agree with what has been said.
    I think tomorrow for women is very nice, on my skin, it develops an almost gourmand-ish smell that later on turns into a very beachy scent, that combined with the amber (wich here it has a very nice quality) creates a very alluring aura. It's warm, it's interesting, but it's not amazing for sure. On my skin, thankfully, it doesn't become too sweet.
    I think that in general, Avon made a great choice in releasing the Trio of scents, in this way, they have managed to "upgrade" their line of perfumes.

Thrax

CJ, I bought a bottle of this one once. I thought that from the description it would be a very rich and full scent. Sort of like A*men. But I was wrong. I imagined A*men like thickness and it was as half as rich as Dior Homme. Dior Homme is probably a good one to compare this one too. I know that you would like RPM by Avon though...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax
    I know that you would like RPM by Avon though...
    Thanks for the tip, I'll try to sample it sometime!

Castorpollux, we were sniffing the men's version of the scent. My friend really liked it too, & mentioned possibly getting it. I don't know if she'd get it to wear herself or for her husband, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Tomorrow for Men reminds me both of Lempicka (for top and heart) and Claiborne's Spark (for basenotes). Indeed not bad at all, kind of sexy.

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to believe I'm saying this, but I'm looking forward to smelling "Driven", the new scent Avon is pushing with Derrick Jeter of the Yankees.

Thrax

Just got a bottle of Avon Interact. Good stuff. Drydown reminds me strongly of Nagevar by L'Artisan. Greater longevity though. Perfectly suitable for a lady.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It goes to show how much I've changed in 15 years. Fifteen years ago I received (and loved!) my very first frag, Sweet Honesty by Avon. It was such a light, powdery, sheer, barely-there scent. Perfect for 12 year old girls, lol. Now, 15 years later, I turn to Avon again for a scent...and I get a men's oriental .

Thrax

It goes to show how much I've changed in 15 years. Fifteen years ago I received (and loved!) my very first frag, Sweet Honesty by Avon. It was such a light, powdery, sheer, barely-there scent. Perfect for 12 year old girls, lol. Now, 15 years later, I turn to Avon again for a scent...and I get a men's oriental .
    I just started getting into womens perfume, so..... We switched roles? We'd have an interesting relationship would'nt we?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax
    I just started getting into womens perfume, so..... We switched roles? We'd have an interesting relationship would'nt we?
    LOL that's funny! At least we'd agree on pop .

Thrax

LOL that's funny! At least we'd agree on pop .

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    Tomorrow for Men reminds me both of Lempicka (for top and heart) and Claiborne's Spark (for basenotes). Indeed not bad at all, kind of sexy.
    Although I have both Tomorrow and Spark, I had not noticed any similarity. I will have to try them side by side.

They both make the same impression on me, though -- as you put it, "kind of sexy."