Code of Conduct

Default SotD Wednesday 25 October

It is my wedding anniversary and I really wish I could remember what scent I was wearing all those years ago But actually: I can hardly remember anything of my wedding at all because my poor nervous mother (her only child leaving!) fed me two rather heavy tranquilizers. Rumour has it that I have gone through the ceremony at the town hall and the church with a beatific smile. And they all whispered that I seemed very, very happy. Happy? They could have married me to a baboon without me noticing it! Oh well, I am still married and thank you very much, but it is not a baboon at all *sigh of relief*. I think White Linen will be the right scent for today, a bit romantic. I will just have to make my own memories, it seems.

Have a lovely happy day, everybody!

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 25 October

Happy Wedding Anniversary! What a funny story. Weddings are just something one never forget,, no matter the circumstances. My Sotd: is Guerlain's MITSOUKO!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Dear Riannon,
    Happy Anniversary.
    What an amazing and amusing story!
    I am still single and yet I have bought my wedding shoes just to get myself prepared. I am sure I will ask you guys for help in choosing a right scent for this special day.

Today is 25 degrees, sunny.
    I am wearing Jicky today.

Have a lovely wedding anniversary Riannon...

Eau Dynamisante by Clarins for me today

Best wishes

Happy Wedding Anniversary Riannon! My brother gave my mum White Linen for one of her birthdays when i was like under 10 years old - i still remember the beautiful scent of it - i can see white roses.

Today im wearing Perry Ellis 360 Black for Women.
    I thinking car freshner. I hope it changes.
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

Sage Onyx

Payday is here.... Happy aniversary Riannon!
    Shalimar eau légère for me today.
    Last edited by vinterdroppe; 25th October 2006 at 07:15 AM.

Helmut Lang

Happy anniversary!

Kingdom today

Basenotes Plus

Etro Sandalo

head notes: rose, bitter orange, lemon
    heart notes: cedarwood, Java patchouli, Mysore sandalwood
    base notes: amber, musk
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I reached for Cinema(YSL) this morning and I am
    enjoying the almondy scent.

Happy anniversary, Riannon!
    Today I`m all vanillic; Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar body lotion + EdT.

Ambre Sultan
    (Serge Lutens)

oregano, bay leaf, coriander, myrtle, patchouli leaves, amber, cistus labdnaum, styrax, Tolu balsam, benzoin, sandalwood, vanilla, musk

It just gets better and better. I can understand why it's Lutens's personal favorite. It's truly amazing and possibly the most satisfying of the whole line.
    "You have to paint things black if you want to make future possibilities more vivid."
    - Michel Foucault

Smile Re: SotD Wednesday 25 October

Happy Anniversary to Riannon (hope you're off the trannies!) How many years?

Cocoanut, when Mr. Right comes along you'll know EXACTLY what frag to choose! Or he'll choose it for you (my late WONDERFUL husband brought me L'Heure Bleu after I had told him about that magical hour and it's been my fave ever since.)

Picked up a sample of LAP's Ananas Fizz which, after a couple of hours, is faintly reminiscent of "an exotic cocktail" (copy from the pkge) but not at all like pineapple. So far. And has pretty much disappeared. Gotta think of something to layer over it.

Sunny and glorious here today - have a good one everybody!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Happy Anniversary to Riannon!!!

I'm all almondy, ambery, vanilla, today: wearing Gaultier²
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Happy Anniversary, Riannon! And thanks for sharing your story! Wearing Gres Cabaret, sprinkling outside and smelling of autumn.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Hope you can at least remember the honeymoon, rhiannon!

Miss Balmain on my shirt (so our chemistry doesn't mix).
    She eez zoe verry Fgronsh.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

HERMES - CALECHE edt

Wink Re: SotD Wednesday 25 October

Last drop of SL Fleurs d'oranger. Cold & autumny & cloudy outside; so I thought I'd wear a little sunshine.
    Happy Anniversary Riannon!

Declaration Cartier Pour Homme
    Gary

Feminite du Bois for a very chilly day!

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady
    Happy Anniversary to Riannon (hope you're off the trannies!)
    Yes, dear, I replaced them. I am on fragrances now and I remember just everything!

Big hug to all you wonderful members with your nice comments. I am going out to have dinner now in a very festive mood

Kiehl's Musk

Samsara by Guerlain

Bought it today, the EdT, wich I hope will be possible to always wear, even at work, at least carefully put on.

Got a sample of Insolence, too. Will try it another day, but the litttle sniff I have got of it already makes me hope I will find it a great fragance, special, in the same way as I find L´Instant special.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Today I'm wearing AG Grand Amour.

My bottle is so old the top notes have gone off, but the middle and base are still beautiful.

summer means fireflys

I'm testing Montale Steam Aoud today (thanks Shycat for the sample!)

Shycat tried to warn me of this one, she didn't care for Steam Aoud at all. This is SO not me! Way too rosy for my taste, and while I did not react as badly to Steam Aoud as Shy did, I will NOT be wearing this again.

Happy Anniversary, Riannon
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Talking Re: SotD Wednesday 25 October

Bufalo Gals generously sent me a sample of En Avion, which I could not resist trying today, and I was in flight!
    It is more decidedly feminine than hermaphroditic Tabac Blond, softer, more powdery, but with that tad bit of soft leather underneath that is somewhat grounding.
    So unique, I just loved it. More civilized than the Tabac Blond, I would say, and more Lady like. I felt wonderful wearing it all day. I had a friend of mine sniff my wrist and he said it reminded him of the incense in a church, that it was very deep and intense. This is part of it, too. I spent a lot of my childhood in catholic churches, I wonder if the association is one of the reasons it touches me so. I like how there are lots of parts to this scent. I like the complexity. Is this what is referred to as a "nonlinear" scent? I would guess so.

LOVED it. Oh dear, what have I gotten myself into? The Parfum Sacre experience still awaits me. I vow not to buy a rose fragrance until I have at least tried the Sacre. Bulgari calls from me in the wings, but I shall resist!
    Last edited by rtamara41; 25th October 2006 at 10:00 PM.