Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Acqua di Gio at Marshall's!!

I bought the gift set for $29.99 at Marshall's after my Board Meeting last night. An impulse buy after a semi-stressful, but productive meeting.

I couldn't believe my eyes! They had ONE boxed gift set including the 1.7 OZ spray, AS Balm and Shower Gel. It was kind of "hidden" under the shelf.

I like the scent, my wife does not, so I'll wear it on days when I get home late.

They also had Escada PH for $9.99, an M7 Fresh on clearance (probably about $14), Arpege PH, Lancome Miracle Acquatonic, and several other tasty treats. I did not buy those.

Our Marshall's is so cool. Great shoes (Allen Edmonds and Johnston Murphy), great scents, good dress shirts. The only weak link is their tie selection. It hardly ever varies, very little new stock. TJ Maxx beats them on ties (I know they are jointly owned).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Acqua di Gio at Marshall's!!

Good find!!! The Marshall's closest to me isn't really that good. It always seems to be the same old stuff. There is the occasional gem there. I was recently tempted by a 3.4oz bottle of the most recent version of CK one summer for $24. Also, I found a 4-piece Lucky You gift set. But I passed on both. On weekends I sometimes travel a few miles to a larger Marshall's and TJ Maxx that's right across the street. But I seldom find gems there, either.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I saw Gio there too. I have been picking up a lot of 30 ml's there recently - Zino, Escada PH and Incanto, all for $10/bottle. Looking for a Magnetism gift set but in the recent weeks they haven't had any. Guess I picked a wrong time to buy it as I used to see these all the time there but never sampled it til recently. And now I want it cheap!
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I wish I could score Zino for $10! Haven't seen it there yet. Incanto, I've had before, but I'd consider again for the right price.

I would like to get all 1 OZ sprays in all my purchases. I have so many scents that I'll never use a whole bottle of anything!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW
    I bought the gift set for $29.99 at Marshall's after my Board Meeting last night. An impulse buy after a semi-stressful, but productive meeting.

I couldn't believe my eyes! They had ONE boxed gift set including the 1.7 OZ spray, AS Balm and Shower Gel. It was kind of "hidden" under the shelf.

I like the scent, my wife does not, so I'll wear it on days when I get home late.

They also had Escada PH for $9.99, an M7 Fresh on clearance (probably about $14), Arpege PH, Lancome Miracle Acquatonic, and several other tasty treats. I did not buy those.

Our Marshall's is so cool. Great shoes (Allen Edmonds and Johnston Murphy), great scents, good dress shirts. The only weak link is their tie selection. It hardly ever varies, very little new stock. TJ Maxx beats them on ties (I know they are jointly owned).
    M7 Fresh you say? edt? I will have to start checking in at all the local Marshall's!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcuccio88
    M7 Fresh you say? edt? I will have to start checking in at all the local Marshall's!!

Uh-Oh... I sense another "round-the-clock-Basenotes-Marshalls-watch" coming on...

Thrax

I have never seen a Marshall's or TJ Maxx.

GOD DAMN IT!! M7 FRESH FOR 14$!!

Sorry for yelling, but you Americans get insane bargains.
    BTW M7 Fresh is available only as an EdT. 14$, this is so sick...

Post Thanks / Like

Jesse,

I can't imagine that Lousiville or Lexington wouldn't have at least one each of these stores.

Have you been to Jacobson's Department Store in Louisville? TONS of Creed!

I've been in KY a few times.

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW
    Jesse,

I can't imagine that Lousiville or Lexington wouldn't have at least one each of these stores.

Have you been to Jacobson's Department Store in Louisville? TONS of Creed!

I've been in KY a few times.
    I might have to go there now. I about a three hour drive from Lexington though.

Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by fakepurseninja
    GOD DAMN IT!! M7 FRESH FOR 14$!!

Sorry for yelling, but you Americans get insane bargains.
    BTW M7 Fresh is available only as an EdT. 14$, this is so sick...
    Yes, we're real bastards are'nt we?

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax
    Yes, we're real bastards are'nt we?
    Well, uh.. yeah.

Post Thanks / Like

At the Liz Calibrone Outlet I found a 4 piece giftset of Curve Men.

It had a 4.2 bottle, Aftershave, Deorderant, and I think a 1.0 OZ bottle and it was only $9.99

SHOULD have gone for it, would have been a good gift for any of my guy friends but wasn't in the mood to buy frags.