Code of Conduct

Default l'artisan: Bois farine

I am thinking of bois farine...

I have a sample of if- it's very alternative scent. a scent of peanut butter

but I can not imagine how is this scent when you spray it on you...
    what is the sillage;
    what is the impression of others, isn't it too feminine???

is it wearable at all

it's hard to decide about a scent from 1 ml. sample - f.e. I thought that tea for two is very smoky, but when I bought it, I realised that it is not so smokey- it's more sweet than smokey. smoke - just in quicklt faideing the top notes
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Default Re: l'artisan: Bois farine

Quote Originally Posted by DreamerII
    I am thinking of bois farine...

I have a sample of if- it's very alternative scent. a scent of peanut butter

but I can not imagine how is this scent when you spray it on you...
    what is the sillage;
    what is the impression of others, isn't it too feminine???

is it wearable at all

it's hard to decide about a scent from 1 ml. sample - f.e. I thought that tea for two is very smoky, but when I bought it, I realised that it is not so smokey- it's more sweet than smokey. smoke - just in quicklt faideing the top notes
    From a sample: an interesting 'something', but by no means a cologne for me to spray on myself.

It does indeed smell very unique and also a bit "funky" IMO. But during the actual wearing, I find it more wearable than it seems. It projects well during the first 30 minutes, but then dies down and stays within your personal space. Some have described it as not smelling like a fragrance, but rather a pleasant natural body odor.

Once the peanut butter note fades, I'm left with a woody, powdery accord similar to the drydown of MPG's Santal Noble.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    Once the peanut butter note fades, I'm left with a woody, powdery accord similar to the drydown of MPG's Santal Noble.
    I agree with all of this. I find it has a cool sensation, like refigerated dough. I prefer Dior Bois d'Argent however, which, while it doesn't really smell the same, seems to me a less floral, more erudite rendition of Bois Farine's theme.

It is one of the most interesting scents I know. It's not me though. I don't know about the sillage but I would say that it is not very feminine at all. I don't really see an appropriate time to wear this fragrance. Everyday scent maybe? L'Artisans are not everyday scents though...

It seems like an impractical smell to have your whole body consumed in... IMO

I have had a bottle of this for more than a year now and at first I wore it all the time. Now, I don't really even think about it much. It seems like a weird fragrance at first, especially with that name (flour wood). It starts off with that peanut butter accord (if I remember correctly, it's fennel seed). However, it's gone before even 5 minutes are up. Then I smell the powdery iris with a wood and musk blend. The iris on me doesn't last long...maybe three hours and then I am left with kind of a generic wood/musk that smells like lots of other things on the market. I have had people ask me if I was wearing musk oil from "Wild Oats" and one woman asked I was wearing Jovan musk for men! What's up with that? Yikes.

It's a Jean Claude Ellena creation so it's very transparent and ethereal. However, for me the base notes are bland and common. it's a very unisex scent with nothing feminine going on at all except the powdery Iris root which smells a little like flour.