Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Greetings from Paris!

I just returned from a 10th wedding anniversary trip to Paris.

Didn't have much time for sniffin' 'n' shoppin' but on the daily strolls around the city I caught some whiffs of what people were wearing.

In the hotel's breakfast room I could smell L'Eau par Kenzo which is one of the scents I dislike most: I just can't figure out why anyone would like to smell like cucumber but that's just one of those things...

In Le Marais a passerby was wearing a gorgeous patchouli scent, my guess is Etro or Mazzolari. A guy cycling by was wearing a soft and gentle amber, could have been Ex Voto but possibly something else.

In Musée Carnavalet a young woman was wearing Angel.

Today on Rue La Fayette I caught a whiff of Jaïpur Homme.

There were also several "I know this scent! I own this scent!! But what is it???" moments...

What was I wearing, then? I had packed with me Mûre et Musc Trio (Cologne MeM, MeM and MeM Extrême) and it worked wonders: the weather in Paris was like Finnish summer (+18-20 C) so a light, "easy-going", comfortable and uplifting scent was just the thing to wear.

As much as I would have liked to stay longer, it's good to be back home.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Greetings from Paris!

Happy Anniversary and what a beautiful city to celebrate it! When I was in Paris all I could smell was the fragrance I was wearing. With one exception, meeting a fellow basenoter... lol!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!

Thanks for sharing. I`ve never been to Paris , but if I had the chance and cash..Oh my, oh my!

Official promise:
    From now on I shall stop my blind buy gambling, and save the money in a box marked "Paris 2007".

Post Thanks / Like

Happy anniversary to you and Mr.Tiggs! You could not have a better choice than going to Paris. And do not feel bad about not being able to shop much, you are having each other and you have been missed here.

Hello Tigs, I was beginning to wonder where you were

Happy Anniversary to you and your dear hubby! , and thanks for sharing your wonderful experience with all of us.

I was in Paris in May for my honeymoon and now, having read your story, I think I know where I would love to spend my 10th Anniversary too
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Post Thanks / Like

Happy anniversary Mrs Tigs. You don't look old enough to have been married so long my dear.

Glad you enjoyed yourself in Paris.

If you enjoyed your visit to the Musee Carnavalet, you should read the 'Selected Letters of Madame de Sevigne'. It was her home for many years.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back, Tigs! What a wonderful, romantic city to celebrate your anniversary. For sure, it's on my "to-visit someday" list.

No trips to the Guerlain boutique? Maybe next time?
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Sounds like you had a nice visit. Welcome back, and Happy Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Greetings from Paris!

Happy Happy Anniversary - and welcome home! I've missed your tiger-puss!

Your scent-filled Paris report made me yearn to be there again - SO glad for you and Mr. Tigs you had that happy time!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Post Thanks / Like

When I went to Paris, I shopped at Champs Ellyess (the biggest street for shopping) and went into this HUUGEEE perfume shop and bought like 3 bottles.

Bonne Anniversaire!!!
    As my friend has said, and I quote again, "Paris is a dream come true that never disappoints!"
    Thanks for sharing...when I remarry someday I would like to honeymoon in Paris...no doubt about it.

Where did you stay?

Have a very Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you are happy...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks, perfume pals!

We were very happy to catch a temporary Robert Doisneau exhibition at the Hôtel de Ville (his photos are so charming and gently humorous) and we also went to see The Divine Comedy live at the Olympia. The house was packed and during the last songs everyone stood up and kept standing through the two encores. Great gig, the "warm-up band" Duke Special was also very good.

Prince Barry: must read her famous letters, she was born in one of the houses at the Place des Vosges so she really lived in the most lovely places!

Can't wait to get back...

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    I just returned from a 10th wedding anniversary trip to Paris.

Didn't have much time for sniffin' 'n' shoppin'...
    Oh, to be in Paris for your wedding anniversary! Congratulations, Tigrushka, and I am glad you and Mr. Tigs had a great time. But...no time for sniffin...? Not even Guerlain and Lutens? Oh, I am sure you will still have some stories to tell us Welcome back!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your anniversary.

Oh how wonderful Paris.
    DONNA

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband, Tigresse!
    Nice to see you enjoyed Paris, Place des Vosges etc... beautiful places indeed! And even if you didn't go tripping for scents, at least you enjoyed the smell of people and places around: it's always a good way to enjoy the true spirit of a city! I myself have been in Paris for a few days lately and smelled lot of stuff having also the pleasure to share the fun with a fellow basenoter...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks again, everyone!

The real date was actually in August but there's no point to go to Paris in August (+40 C, many places closed because Parisians are on holiday by the sea etc etc etc) so we postponed our trip a bit.

One of my fave walks along with Le Marais and Quartier latin was across the Viaduc de Passy (aka Pont Bir-Hakeim) and Allée des Cygnes.

Since I'm a bit of a metro freak (I have a Stations de Metro dictionary and bought another book on this trip ) we also rode lines no.2 and 6 plus the bit across Seine of the line no.5 because they all run partly outdoors and are thus great for sightseeing.

Our hotel was in the 17th arrondissement, in the Batignolles area, excellent location!

Happy anniversary Tigs!

I loved the what are they wearing-report. I must say I'm a bit impressed by the fact that you picked three versions of the same fragrances to bring with you on that trip. I don't think I could pull off such a stunt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks! I usually pack just one scent for a trip so having a trio offered at least some variety: I wore Cologne or regular MeM for days and MeM Extrême for the evenings.

My scent shopping was prosaically limited to Galeries Lafayette perfume department (with the coupon from Paris Visite pass I got 10% discount...) and Sephora but I did walk past the Serge Lutens Palais Royal shop and admired the window settings, there was also a tiny little Parfums de Rosine shop in Galerie de Valois. I also passed several L'Artisan and Annick Goutal boutiques, and Maïtre Parfumeur et Gantier, Nicolaï, Etro, Des Filles à la Vanille, Les Néréides, L'Occitane...

Sadly no Caron, Guerlain or Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle on this trip.

...but I did walk past the Serge Lutens Palais Royal shop and admired the window settings, there was also a tiny little Parfums de Rosine shop in Galerie de Valois. I also passed several L'Artisan and Annick Goutal boutiques, and Maïtre Parfumeur et Gantier, Nicolaï, Etro, Des Filles à la Vanille, Les Néréides, L'Occitane...
    You can actually just PASS those shops??? I am speechless and in deepest admiration for your restraint. Tigrushka, you are one of a kind

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your tenth anniversary! The trip sounds wonderful, filled with special moments and memories to treasure. Thanks for sharing, I'm sitting here smiling just to think of it!

Post Thanks / Like

Our hotel was in the 17th arrondissement, in the Batignolles area, excellent location!
    Aaah memories. I once stayed on the Rue de La Condomine, not far from Place de Clichy.

You will love the Sevigne book Mrs Tigs.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Selected-Let...e=UTF8&s=books

There is also an English travel book about Paris called 'Paris by Metro'.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paris-Going-...e=UTF8&s=books
    Last edited by Prince Barry; 26th October 2006 at 06:09 PM.

Thanks for the Paris-report, and cogratulations to the anniversary! Nice to see you back.
    I haven't been to Paris yet, but I will go some time. Right now it seems very very tempting to escape this rainy dark nordic climate.

Hotels are quite interesting places perfume-wise, many scents pass through the lobbies, the receptions and all the public areas, especially in the early mornings when people come down for breakfast! Working in the recepion of one, I find myself constantly forgetting about what I am doing because I am trying to nail something, or biting my thounge not to ask people what they are wearing.

My friend and I stayed at the Axial Beaubourg at Rue du Temple, which was about a six minute walk from the Hotel de Ville and another few minutes across the Seine to Notre Dame....ahhh...heaven....

I would like to wear En Avion in the back pews of Notre Dame and make out with my honey by the flickering holy candlelight!
    But that's just me...

Loved the Marais district and Place des Vosges reminded me of a more lovely and refined Washington Square Park.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the book tips, Baz! The good news is we have the letters of Mme de Sévigné in Finnish in our home library!

Explorator Dumpsterorum
    Post Thanks / Like

I just returned from a 10th wedding anniversary trip to Paris. ..... As much as I would have liked to stay longer, it's good to be back home.
    Congratulations on "Ten," tigrushka!!