Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Aomassai?

Default Re: Aomassai.

Kicking myself............I should have ordered a sample of L'ombre Fauve whilst I was at it.

Blog Entries

Interesting to see the thread rejuvenated. I own a full bottle of Aomassai now and, coincidentally, I am wearing it today. I have not changed my mind, this is IMO the best gourmand fragrance I have ever experienced.

I haven`t tested this fragrance, but I`m sure it smells good. But do you want to smell like some food? I love caramels and licorice, but I`m not sure that I want to smell like it! ;-)

Default Re: Aomassai?

I have no way to describe Aomassai but it's a cool/grey day here today and I wore it to the store and I received an enthusiastic compliment/inquiry (from a guy no less) on it, even wrote down Parfumerie Generale at his request. I think it's the ultimate PG, barely nudging out Bois Blond and L'ombre Fauve which can both grow a bit tiresome as they wear (at least to me). If you've yet to try Aomassai I strongly recommend sampling it. There is an edible quality to it but I don't know if I'd consider it a gourmand. To me it is a very intriguing scent that draws attention and curiosity

It's one of PG's best scents IMO.

Power Where You Need It

Quote Originally Posted by flouris View Post
    I have no way to describe Aomassai but it's a cool/grey day here today and I wore it to the store and I received an enthusiastic compliment/inquiry (from a guy no less) on it, even wrote down Parfumerie Generale at his request. I think it's the ultimate PG, barely nudging out Bois Blond and L'ombre Fauve which can both grow a bit tiresome as they wear (at least to me). If you've yet to try Aomassai I strongly recommend sampling it. There is an edible quality to it but I don't know if I'd consider it a gourmand. To me it is a very intriguing scent that draws attention and curiosity
    Well said Flouris. Aomassai brings the gourmand genre to a completely higher level...A much underrated fragrance and one of the most interesting takes in its cathegory.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

It has been a while since I've smelled this one, but my memory tells me that I mentally filed it in the 'cake batter' genre (like Montale's Chocolate Greedy without the cocoa)

I like PG though. His stuff is weird in a good way!

As soon as I made the connection with IKEA's scented vanilla candles, I couldn't think of anything else upon smelling Aomassai. With that said, it's not particulary bad (nor are the candles), but as with L'Artisan's famous Vanilia, this one didn't rock my boat.
    Last edited by Noalick; 16th July 2012 at 07:16 PM.
    "- Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange."

I think this will be my SOTD tomorrow.