Code of Conduct

Default Finally Got Some GIT....

After running out of Cool Water a few weeks ago I wanted a replacement and decided to get the original.

Result

Yes it does have some very strong similarities when compared with Cool Water, especially in the opening. GIT has is overall smoother and slightly warmer (like tweed perhaps) and I will say that it is overall a nicer scent with a better drydown than Cool Water.

Conclusion

I liked Cool Water because it was a quick "slap on scent" that is very reliable and it does smell nice and its not offencive. I have a few niche scents, but none seemed so versatile as Cool Water. The difference between Cool Water and GIT is obvious to me including the price. I can get 100ml of Cool Water for $45AUD whilst GIT is around $190-$220. I like GIT more but it will be used as often as I used Cool Water and therfore it will need to be replaced once a year.

I will have to see how I feel when the GIT runs out before I really know if I will go back to Cool Water. I have many other niche scents where I can enjoy the uniquness and complexity. I'm not sure if a need another high priced scent.

Default Re: Finally Got Some GIT....

I've liked both fragrances. I stuck with Cool Water though. I feel like everyone has moved on from it so I try to stick with it when no one is left using it. It is a great scent. It's a classic.

There are some things about GIT that I don't like. It's expensive on top of everything. For the price I pay for that bottle, it should be perfect. It's not so I don't buy it.

I'm on my second bottle of CW. It's on hold for the winter...

Quote Originally Posted by Snake1
    After running out of Cool Water a few weeks ago I wanted a replacement and decided to get the original.

Result

Yes it does have some very strong similarities when compared with Cool Water, especially in the opening. GIT has is overall smoother and slightly warmer (like tweed perhaps) and I will say that it is overall a nicer scent with a better drydown than Cool Water.

Conclusion

I liked Cool Water because it was a quick "slap on scent" that is very reliable and it does smell nice and its not offencive. I have a few niche scents, but none seemed so versatile as Cool Water. The difference between Cool Water and GIT is obvious to me including the price. I can get 100ml of Cool Water for $45AUD whilst GIT is around $190-$220. I like GIT more but it will be used as often as I used Cool Water and therfore it will need to be replaced once a year.

I will have to see how I feel when the GIT runs out before I really know if I will go back to Cool Water. I have many other niche scents where I can enjoy the uniquness and complexity. I'm not sure if a need another high priced scent.
    I would say that CW is a better slap-on scent than GIT is, but not a better scent overall. Just so you know, if you try you can get CW for more like $20 and GIT for more like $80.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giraffe
    I would say that CW is a better slap-on scent than GIT is, but not a better scent overall. Just so you know, if you try you can get CW for more like $20 and GIT for more like $80.
    Not in Australian dollars