Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool What a fake CREED looks like????!Great Pics.!!GREEN FRICH TWEED,Yes FRICH

These are the photos,thank God I'm very good at spotting fakes,the minute I saw the box I knew it's a fake.,,lol...ok let's get down to business,I'll show you all the small details that make the difference.

One thing I'd like to say beware of people selling only the bottle cos the bottle's hard to spot as a fake,has only a couple minor faults with the most important one beeing-as my fellow basenoter Perfeectfeet put it ''One piece molded cap (all black), smaller (shorter) sprayer than creed uses, does not have that long, quality-feeling spray to it''

Notice Green Frich Tweed..)))and there is also a comma after PARIS which shouldn't be there and the name and Creed logo should be surrounded by a golden concavity not white.

Now let's go on to spelling mistakes,enir instead of tenir,not full stop after DENAT!

More spelling mistakes,absoluts instead of absolu,vanile-vanille,etrares instead of et rares(means 'and rare')and again comma after Paris!
    Also no Year stamped!

Also the overall quality of the box is poor,it's thinner,easier to bend and the stemes,CREED logos are not as visible as on the authentic ones!

Not sure about this one but it should have had two stemes on the sides of CRRED logo,with the exception of 30 ml sizes.

The cap should have had the steme in a different colour,golden if I'm not mistaken,and also the cap it's made out of a single piece of plastic.

Notice the difference:

Also the lid is smaller than the usual!

It also has a different screwing cap which doesn't even fit preoperly(probably cheaper and easier to make)you can see the difference and the bottle is not entirely coloured in black.

It also has a small brochure written in arabic,haven't got a problem with this apart from the fact that there was no regular brochure in it with the four languages.

The quality of the paper here is poorer and you can see for yourselves that that is thinner!

The lid and the cap have no interior plastic material for better spraying and fitting.

Some more images

Golden stem on the box?????????????????????

Now..the juice,it smells like a perfume, not GIT more like Cool Water,no sillage ,pretty linear,definately no ambergris,therefore I;m inclined to believe that the these guys are actually pouring Cool Water in it.That's my oppinion.
    Also this explains why many ebayers sell 4 FL OZ GITs with no cap,no original box.It's easiest one to make probably and I also noticed the end pipe is coloured in an orange colour,or brownish red,something like that anyway(I'm not very good at describing colours) and also the lid on the atomizer hasn't got that tiny hole right in the middle it's more like top left.
    you can't really see in this pic but it worth the mention

Maybe this explains all these discussions about similarities between GIT and CW,well I don't know,but what I do know is that I won't be surprised to find out that many basenoters have used fake Creed without their knowledge so far
    I will have to get a refund for mine and I will still buy from ebay Creed but only from my trusted sellers,I bought this one cos it was so cheap..lol))however I'll never buy the black bottle again unless I pay retail price.

It seems that fake bottles are only the ones that come in the 120 ml -4.2 fl oz size!

I hope this helps.

I have posted this thread because I really appreciate the friendly and kindness attitude of the basenoters and therefore we deserve to enjoy true frags and not counterfeits or fakes!

Update:
    I got a refund from PayPal,the seller no longer trades on ebay,or so it seems,I got a SL-Arabie instead,very happy with it!Incredible sillage and longevity.
    Last edited by marcos_xs; 6th June 2007 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Update!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What a fake CREED looks like!Great Pics.!!GREEN FRICH TWEED,Yes FRICH

Interesting, though I would caution that I bought my Royal scottish levender from a highly respected source (les senteurs, before I resolved not to use them again) and "scottish" was spelled "scottisch". I later saw the same missplelling on a bottle in selfridges department store. The juice is good (very good) and genuine.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What a fake CREED looks like????!Great Pics.!!GREEN FRICH TWEED,Yes FRICH

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    Interesting, though I would caution that I bought my Royal scottish levender from a highly respected source (les senteurs, before I resolved not to use them again) and "scottish" was spelled "scottisch". I later saw the same missplelling on a bottle in selfridges department store. The juice is good (very good) and genuine.
    Yes but maybe you only had one spelling mistake,but this one has loads,or maybe the box of your RSL has mistakes as well?
    To be honest I wouldn't buy a box with spelling mistakes on it when it's Green Irish Tweed and not Frich!Even if it is from Selfridges.
    It's just not right!Did you askem them about this?
    Last edited by marcos_xs; 30th August 2006 at 10:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What a fake CREED looks like????!Great Pics.!!GREEN FRICH TWEED,Yes FRICH

no, i didn't ask because the juice was good. the mistake was on the bottle and the box. i just assumed it was either a typo or a packing designed for sale abroad where that is the correct spelling.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    no, i didn't ask because the juice was good. the mistake was on the bottle and the box. i just assumed it was either a typo or a packing designed for sale abroad where that is the correct spelling.
    I didn't know that designers change the frags name according to countries!
    Do you know any other examples?I think it was a spelling mistake, a fault but it doesn't matter as long as the juice smells good.
    BTW,i had an unpleasant experience with Les Senteurs,they've sent me the wrong order,and not only one, they've messed up 3 frags.

Have you ever tried GIT before? The best thing to do is go down to a store which sells GIT and test it and compare. It is not a very easy to copy GIT perfectly, if it smells the same than it's real. If they are miles apart than it's fake.

"...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: What a fake CREED looks like????!Great Pics.!!GREEN FRICH TWEED,Yes FRICH

Quote Originally Posted by incedal
    Have you ever tried GIT before? The best thing to do is go down to a store which sells GIT and test it and compare. It is not a very easy to copy GIT perfectly, if it smells the same than it's real. If they are miles apart than it's fake.
    Yes I have had some samples as well as testing it in London.
    There is no Retailer that would sell Creed where I live,I guess I'll have to go to a nearby City which sells Creeds to compare them!I will do this.You never know it might be authentic.)I'll give it a couple more days to see how it wears on my skin,but the different details on the box and the bottle are intriguing to say the least. I as thinking that it may be a reject,didn't pass the Quality Control Check,but too many faults.I have also emailed Creed's website in uk.I'll let you know how it goes.

I bought OV from a reputable dealer, but it has no date on the box. That said, there is a sticky label where the date SHOULD go, but its blank. What do you make of that? I can't believe someone would go through the trouble of making a nearly perfect clone (mine doesn't have any other mistakes) and leave out an easily typed on date. What do you think?

After reading your " expose' " I looked at my GIT and I guess it's a fake.
    Damn. I knew something was wrong with it. I bet they pour CW into them as you said.

NJBESTSALE was the seller on ebay (he now uses that name with numbers after it. He has multible accounts)

Beware. Damn, I can't believe it.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcos_xs
    I didn't know that designers change the frags name according to countries!
    Do you know any other examples?I think it was a spelling mistake, a fault but it doesn't matter as long as the juice smells good.
    BTW,i had an unpleasant experience with Les Senteurs,they've sent me the wrong order,and not only one, they've messed up 3 frags.
    I too have had very bad experiences with Les Senteurs, like you repeatedly. Last time I mentioned it on the board it started a conflict with someone keen to defend their good name.

(duck ducks and runs for cover)

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mentallo
    After reading your " expose' " I looked at my GIT and I guess it's a fake.
    Damn. I knew something was wrong with it. I bet they pour CW into them as you said.

NJBESTSALE was the seller on ebay (he now uses that name with numbers after it. He has multible accounts)

Beware. Damn, I can't believe it.
    Well guess who the seller was in my case...Yes the same...Njbestsale
    Lol I'm glad I have exposed him.I'll PM you cos we're both in the same boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: What a fake CREED looks like????!Great Pics.!!GREEN FRICH TWEED,Yes FRICH

Quote Originally Posted by scentinell
    I bought OV from a reputable dealer, but it has no date on the box. That said, there is a sticky label where the date SHOULD go, but its blank. What do you make of that? I can't believe someone would go through the trouble of making a nearly perfect clone (mine doesn't have any other mistakes) and leave out an easily typed on date. What do you think?
    I am not sure but I think that all Creeds that I've seen in shops have the date stamped on the back.
    Try to contact Creed through their website,Just ask them,they should respond you.
    I have also asked them about this mambo-jambo Firch....cos I really want to get to the bottom of this.
    Well some would go through the trouble of making a nearly perfect clone to make money...))but as you said 'nearly perfect'...it takes a whole lot more to make it perfect!
    Good luck and let me know what the answer was,I am also waiting for them to contact me.

Post Thanks / Like

I gotta say, yours does look bad, but I have definately had real juice in a box with no date before. My bois de portugal, bought from fenwick department store had no date.

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

I was in the garment district in Los Angeles last Saturday checking out some frags and in one store they had a scent called "Royal Mountain Water"! I know there is no such frag, when I looked at the box closer I saw that the perfumer was "Creet"!

I should have sampled it.

Good g*d I think I'll stick to my Agua Brava.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Hmm... yeah, I've been lurking basenotes for a few weeks now but I had to register, because I just got a GIT bottle off ebay and lo and behold, it's exactly the same as the one in this topic, down to the 'frich' tweed mispellings. They're pretty rampant, it seems... I ordered from some other user who's sold 10 or so of them with all positive feedbacks. Scary stuff.

First, great work marcos on this exposé!

It certainly concerns me, as I bought my GIT from an eBay seller in the US. I am clinging to the fact that it smells great, and exactly like a sample I got previously, and also that the bottle has no silver part near the sprayer - it is all black. I would hope that I'd be alerted to inferior packaging as I own a few Creeds, but I'll definitely check it out thoroughly when I get home.

I think it would be interesting and useful to have as many Basenoters as possible check their bottles to see how widespread this is.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: What a fake CREED looks like????!Great Pics.!!GREEN FRICH TWEED,Yes FRICH

I just received a fake Green Irish Tweed in the mail. It is blatantly obvious. Much worse than in the pictures in this thread. One piece molded cap (all black), smaller (shorter) sprayer than creed uses, does not have that long, quality-feeling spray to it, bottle is severely chipped in several places and painted unevenly, one arabic sheet of text with it, as opposed to all the other documents that come, overall total bullshit.

The E Bay seller's name is "nowsdealtime"
    [...]
    [EDITED BY MODERATOR (DustB)
    Sorry to edit here, but the use of the Basenotes forum in dispute resolution, and dispute resolution in public on the board, is in conflict with Basenotes rule #6:

"The Basenotes Community is not a venue for personal or private vendettas. Keep your personal business as just that – personal. This forum is not a venue for the resolution of personal disputes with members or companies."

A complete set of the rules can be found at:
    http://www.basenotes.net/cgi-bin/art...ame=forumrules

Thanks for your help and understanding.
    --Chris]
    Last edited by DustB; 1st September 2006 at 06:28 PM.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dante

It certainly concerns me, as I bought my GIT from an eBay seller in the US. I am clinging to the fact that it smells great, and exactly like a sample I got previously, and also that the bottle has no silver part near the sprayer - it is all black. I would hope that I'd be alerted to inferior packaging as I own a few Creeds, but I'll definitely check it out thoroughly when I get home.

I think it would be interesting and useful to have as many Basenoters as possible check their bottles to see how widespread this is.
    Yeas,by the looks of it Ebay is flooded with fake Creeds,I've just received a reply from Creed uk and apparaently they never sell online,check this out:
    Dear Mr C****u,

Thank you for the clarification.
    I get complaints from people buying Creed fragrances on ebay or US internet websites everyday and the only answer I can give them is that, as with everything else that you would buy, buy from a trusted vendor.

We, as the UK distributor, are not allowing any of our Creed stockists to sell fragrances over the internet. If they do, they are struck off our list and their stock holding removed.

The products that are flooding the US are grey market and counterfeit. I have informed Creed in France and they are investigating the source.

As for the spelling mistakes, I have worked with Creed for many years and have never seen any of their fragrances spelt wrongly.
    Mooeover, Les Senteurs is our sister company and as well as providing an excellent level of service, we supply them with all their Creed stock.

I am sorry that I cannot help you further but will forward your email to Creed in France.

In the meantime, should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
    S****e A***n
    Brand Manager------------

I have seen someone else selling this Frich,and I am now positive that 90 per cent of the Creeds from ebay are fakes,counterfeits,there are only a few sellers that sell the real stuff,and they usually sell it for more money than the pther ones.
    Also I'm also sure many of the basenoters actually own fake stuff,I guess some of them are too embarassed to admit it!)
    I have a trusted seller here in the UK,I bought my Himalaya from him and it's top stuff,and Love in White for my wife can't be more real than that,it's been bought from a girl working for a magazine and apparently a PR representant from Creed send it to them.
    I now know about these things so I will be very cautious with my next ebay purchase!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzolt
    Hmm... yeah, I've been lurking basenotes for a few weeks now but I had to register, because I just got a GIT bottle off ebay and lo and behold, it's exactly the same as the one in this topic, down to the 'frich' tweed mispellings. They're pretty rampant, it seems... I ordered from some other user who's sold 10 or so of them with all positive feedbacks. Scary stuff.
    Well I guess you'll have to start a dispute now,that's what I have to do!
    Good Luck!
    ))
    P.S.Let me know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perfectfeet
    I just received a fake Green Irish Tweed in the mail. It is blatantly obvious. Much worse than in the pictures in this thread. One piece molded cap (all black), smaller (shorter) sprayer than creed uses, does not have that long, quality-feeling spray to it, bottle is severely chipped in several places and painted unevenly, one arabic sheet of text with it, as opposed to all the other documents that come, overall total bullshit.

The E Bay seller's name is "nowsdealtime"
    [...]
    [EDITED BY MODERATOR (DustB)
    Sorry to edit here, but the use of the Basenotes forum in dispute resolution, and dispute resolution in public on the board, is in conflict with Basenotes rule #6:

"The Basenotes Community is not a venue for personal or private vendettas. Keep your personal business as just that – personal. This forum is not a venue for the resolution of personal disputes with members or companies."

A complete set of the rules can be found at:
    http://www.basenotes.net/cgi-bin/art...ame=forumrules

Thanks for your help and understanding.
    --Chris]
    I think this is one of the easiest ways to identifi a genuine Creed - the long, quality-feeling spray to it--))
    it is also very easy to spot once you put it on,it's nothing like creed,and there's definately no ambergirs and it's pretty much linear.
    I'll check this user...)just out of curiosity!))

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dante

Thank you for you appreciation!
    Well.... you're absolutely right,every basenoter who bought Creeds from ebay should thoroughly check theirs!If you own a few you should know the difference between a fake and a real one the easiest one would be the quality of the spray,you know when you actually put it on.I don't know but in the moment I opened the envelope and I saw the Box I knew it's a fake(didn't see that it was written Firch but I just knew)
    I also believe it's easy for these rogues to make the cap out of two materials,I'm talking about the metallic part in the middle of the cap,which is usually a different coulour.
    Yours seems to be fine,you may as well take some photos and post them.we'll all help you,but you said that the juice is good so no worries,hopefully............

Post Thanks / Like

When they say that they do not sell online, does this mean that we shouldn't trust known sites like scentiments.com? I'd be surprised if they were selling fakes.
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perfectfeet
    When they say that they do not sell online, does this mean that we shouldn't trust known sites like scentiments.com? I'd be surprised if they were selling fakes.
    They also say this on lessenteurs website,lessenteurs.co.uk,but they say about UK,I don't know about USA.I guess things are different in the States.
    I will probably go on this weekend to a Trusted and Agreed Creed seller to take a photo of some Creeds,if they would let me of course cos it's a small,niche shop.
    Don't worry justice will be made and I hope that in future no one basenoter will ever buy a fake Creed from ebay,but to be honest I don't really think there are too many real ones on ebay as well as many many other online shops.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I hope that scentiments is legit, because I just got a bottle of Green Valley (to which I checked the GIT against), and IT seems to be as genuine as the ones I saw at Neiman Marcus. I'm sure there's quite a bit more demand/market for GIT - enough to justify mass-counterfeiting.

Excelent post marcos_xs !

Here's my contribution:

This is my old GIT bottle (I bought it 4 or 5 years ago, don't remember well, from a very respected U. S. retailer) and I'm very confident that it is the original one.

Note that there is the name GREEN IRISH TWEED at the bottom of the bottle. What does yours say in that?

While reviewing with detail the back of the box I found additional misspellings:

- It says in yours: la méthod and should read la méthode
    - It says in yours: CE PRODUCT and should read CE PRODUIT
    - It says in yours: AGÉÉS and should read AGRÉÉS
    - Look the signature of Mr. Creed: it is missing the two points above the "Olivier" part of the calligraphy.

Now the front of my box says the name correctly and has the gold ring around the label:

Finally, here's a close up of the spraying mechanism which is all in black:

I hope this information serves.

And again, great post marcos_xs !

Note:

My box doesn't have the date stamped in the back. That rectangle where is supposed to be the date is empty. Also the box doesn't have the Creed logo in embossment all over the box, as do my other more recent Creed boxes.

« L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandalwood
    Excelent post marcos_xs !

Here's my contribution:

This is my old GIT bottle (I bought it 4 or 5 years ago, don't remember well, from a very respected U. S. retailer) and I'm very confident that it is the original one.

Note that there is the name GREEN IRISH TWEED at the bottom of the bottle. What does yours say in that?

While reviewing with detail the back of the box I found additional misspellings:

- It says in yours: la méthod and should read la méthode
    - It says in yours: CE PRODUCT and should read CE PRODUIT
    - It says in yours: AGÉÉS and should read AGRÉÉS
    - Look the signature of Mr. Creed: it is missing the two points above the "Olivier" part of the calligraphy.

Now the front of my box says the name correctly and has the gold ring around the label:

Finally, here's a close up of the spraying mechanism which is all in black:

I hope this information serves.

And again, great post marcos_xs !

Note:

My box doesn't have the date stamped in the back. That rectangle where is supposed to be the date is empty. Also the box doesn't have the Creed logo in embossment all over the box, as do my other more recent Creed boxes.

Thank you for your nice comments and a bigger Thank You for bringing more proofs in.
    Yours it's definately a real one because the Creed Logo on the bottle it's shiny and also the bottle it's coloured in black,and the spray mechanism it's exaclty as it should be with the hole right in the middle of it!BTW Perfect Pic!
    In your pics you can also see the clear difference,I hope that every basenoter will check this before buying the famous black bottle!!!
    Also another major detail ,the cap is shiny and I'm sure that it has the stem(creed logo) in the middle nicely crafted,if you could please take a photo to the cap for everyone to see the stem.
    Also the box is as it should be with the golden ring around the label with the name spelt correctly,this time)
    I have failed to mention the other mistakes because when I saw so many I didn't even bother to look for more,but you've done a great job in taking part in this investigation and pointing out and I thank you for that.

Again great great photos and I'll also like to add a new one today!

I will hopefully add a few more tomorrow if the staff at a Creed reputable seller in the UK would let me take photos of it!

Notice that is a genuine one exactly the same like yours!

Also the basenotes users can check the pic in the GIT directory entry,it's exaclty the same as these ones and it's a very good example of how a genuine black bottle of GIT should look.Hopefully everyone who bought GIT from ebay will check theirs and come with a feedback.We have to enjoy the true fragrances not counterfeits and maybe there won't be so many discussions about GIT beeing similar to CW.))

Thank you once again for your intervention and for bringing more light to this case.

Thanks very much for the pics and the help in identifying dodgy bottles - really helpful.

I was in Liberty the other week sniffing the Creeds, and there was a bottle there which had turned, which I thought was peculiar (although I am sure their source is impeccable). I brought their attention to it and they removed the tester from the shelf. Darned if I can remember which one it was now, though...bother.

Post Thanks / Like

They also say this on lessenteurs website,lessenteurs.co.uk,but they say about UK,I don't know about USA.I guess things are different in the States.
    I will probably go on this weekend to a Trusted and Agreed Creed seller to take a photo of some Creeds,if they would let me of course cos it's a small,niche shop.
    Don't worry justice will be made and I hope that in future no one basenoter will ever buy a fake Creed from ebay,but to be honest I don't really think there are too many real ones on ebay as well as many many other online shops.
    it is in the uk; the us creed site has a link to buy online.

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: What a fake CREED looks like????!Great Pics.!!GREEN FRICH TWEED,Yes FRICH

Great job, Marcos. Thanks for the pics!
    David and Becca forever!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dav-here
    Great job, Marcos. Thanks for the pics!
    Thank you for your comment.
    Well now,let's discuss a bit about the juice,I went today to a Creed Trusted and Authorised seller in the UK.
    I put on the Real one on my left arm and the fake one the right one,now,there isn't much difference between them when it comes to the top notes,however,the fake does not change at all,at least it didn't on my skin,it's purely linear,no changes and no sillage or lasting power,I can't really say that GIT is a strong frag per se, cos it's not that strong anyway,however the real one is felt even now after 6 hours,it has also changed ,it is now warmer! and the fake one dissapeared within within one hour or so,I can still smell it but I would have to stick my arm to my nose for a couple of seconds which is not appropriate doing in the case of a good frag.
    Also I would like to mention that the shop was selling Creeds even from 2002,and the boxes had the Creed logo embossed on them with the exception of GIT,which had a white box,with the golden ring around the label and the golden crest(stem).Exactly as our fellow 'Sandalwood' mentioned and showed us with his pics.
    It had also no date on it whereas all the other ones had dates on the back,so I would say it's normal for GIT box not to have the date stamped on the back,but at the same I'm wondering why it hasn't one??
    Why all the other ones have and GIT not?What is it about GIT's that there's no year stamped on the back?Are they from an old stock?or what?Does anyone know?Or maybe they just don't do that with GIT's to try maybe keep them for many years,cos I'm thinking that not too many people would buy a frag from 2001-2002.I know the story about a Creed that gets better with age and to be honest I don't know if I can believe that!))It may be true but I just can't believe it!
    BTW,they had no black bottle(120 ml) for sale so therefore didn't take any photos.

Now, I was very impressed with a very fresh one I tried on the cards,)It was a very fresh one from the ones that I haven't tried before(Neroli Sauvage,Erolfa,Silver Mountain Water,Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse,)after I eliminated the other ones which I knew!
    The top notes were like Oranges but a real natural smell,citrusy to the max,like I was smelling a tray full of oranges ,lemons, very nice,but I can't feel much of it now on the card!
    MI stays strong on the card but not on my skin
    OV goes strong even now,I guess it's the only one which can be felt even after all these hours on my skin.
    But anyway Creeds have much better longevity when worn on clothes so no probs.

Post Thanks / Like

Now, I was very impressed with a very fresh one I tried on the cards,)It was a very fresh one from the ones that I haven't tried before(Neroli Sauvage,Erolfa,Silver Mountain Water,Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse,)after I eliminated the other ones which I knew!
    The top notes were like Oranges but a real natural smell,citrusy to the max,like I was smelling a tray full of oranges ,lemons, very nice,but I can't feel much of it now on the card!

Zeste Mandarine, and especially Neroli Sauvage, smell fantastic - unfortunately their longevity is poor and they disappear from the skin within minutes.

Can't be recommended for purchase.
    -

. . . It had also no date on it whereas all the other ones had dates on the back,so I would say it's normal for GIT box not to have the date stamped on the back,but at the same I'm wondering why it hasn't one??
    Why all the other ones have and GIT not?What is it about GIT's that there's no year stamped on the back?Are they from an old stock?or what?Does anyone know?Or maybe they just don't do that with GIT's to try maybe keep them for many years,cos I'm thinking that not too many people would buy a frag from 2001-2002.I know the story about a Creed that gets better with age and to be honest I don't know if I can believe that!))It may be true but I just can't believe it! . . . .
    Discussed in several threads prior to this one, it's generally thought (read "assumed") that if there's no year stamp on the box, it's due to the fact that that item was shipped the same year that it was manufactured/boxed. Now that does not help the situation, for an "undated" box does not let the buyer know the exact year that it was made.
    Scents are fleeting . . . memories are not. . . .

Post Thanks / Like

So have we determined exactly what color inlay the top of the cap holds on a truely genuine bottle of GIT? Is it also correct that there is a separate piece of plastic inside the cap that stabilizes the fit (as in my Green Valley)?

Yes, could you elaborate on your "Rules of Thumb" you have come to determine regarding the fake and authentic GIT bottles.

My GIT (which I'm now thankfully sure is genuine) has an all-black cap. I know some others have a gold inlay, á la Royal Delight and Bois du Portugal. So there seems to be 2 equally authentic alternatives.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rvbert0
    Yes, could you elaborate on your "Rules of Thumb" you have come to determine regarding the fake and authentic GIT bottles.
    I guess you could elaborate alone based on the discussions above!

Default Consensus on Cap color and Stem&Nozzle Attachment colors

So what is the consensus on the Cap w/ the Crest colorwise? I've heard in this thread that some have a Gold Inlay, and others have an all black cap. I saw one at a retail store in San Diego with an all-black cap.

Also what is the consensus on the Stem & Nozzle colors? Are they truly all black, for all the bottles, or are some 2-tone, silver attachment w/ black spray nozzle?

Thanks, and sorry to keep this thread coming up.

...if you could please take a photo to the cap for everyone to see the stem.
    Sorry it took me that long to post the pic. The cap is also all in black.

« L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Sandalwood,

What color is your sprayer/nozzle connection? 2 tone or all black?

Quote Originally Posted by rvbert0
    Sandalwood,

What color is your sprayer/nozzle connection? 2 tone or all black?
    It is all black.
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Post Thanks / Like

Here's some more stuff to debate. The real Green Irish Tweed came from the box that's missing the embossed detail and has the gold trim. The other box came from a fake tester. (I requested to have the empty box after buying a few other frags.)

The fake bottle was entirely black, but had noticable tampering around the neck. The bottle also had an unusual stamp at the bottom and only came with the arabic leaflet.

I bougth GIT after first hearing about it on Basenotes.My purchase was made via Ebay and I am very disappointed.My main complaint is that I can spray the frag on me and it is gone within an hour.I also recall getting a paper inside the box written in Arabic.I have also found where another person on Ebay purchased GIT from this same seller and he feels he was sold a fake.

Tell me, where online can you buy this frag and know you are getting the real mccoy?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Not_sosoes
    I bougth GIT after first hearing about it on Basenotes.My purchase was made via Ebay and I am very disappointed.My main complaint is that I can spray the frag on me and it is gone within an hour.I also recall getting a paper inside the box written in Arabic.I have also found where another person on Ebay purchased GIT from this same seller and he feels he was sold a fake.

Tell me, where online can you buy this frag and know you are getting the real mccoy?

Thanks!
    Neiman Marcus is an authorized retailer.

Parfums Raffy is another authorized Creed Retailer. Though prices are exorbitant...

http://www.parfumsraffy.com/greenirishtweed.html
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Well. on second thought, not as exorbitant as in Neiman Marcus...
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Post Thanks / Like

Parfums Raffy is another authorized Creed Retailer. Though prices are exorbitant...

http://www.parfumsraffy.com/greenirishtweed.html
    A 500ml bottle?... never seen that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    A 500ml bottle?... never seen that.
    There is also a 1000ml Splash bottle.

According to Creed, these are the official GIT sizes:

Size Type

30ml Spray
    75ml Spray
    120ml Spray
    250ml Splash
    500ml Splash
    1000ml Splash

Last edited by Sandalwood; 13th September 2006 at 08:48 PM.
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Post Thanks / Like

There is also a 1000ml Splash bottle.

According with Creed, these are the official GIT sizes:

Size Type 30ml Spray 75ml Spray 120ml Spray 250ml Splash 500ml Splash 1000ml Splash
    I know about the larger splash sizes, but that site lists it as a spray. I got to thinking what it would be like to clear a larger space off my dresser...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    I know about the larger splash sizes, but that site lists it as a spray. I got to thinking what it would be like to clear a larger space off my dresser...
    I'm pretty sure it is a mistake. The 500 ml. bottle should be splash.
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Post Thanks / Like

The cap is in two colours only on the smaller sizes you know with the golden crest(creed logo) ,up to 75 ml.the 120 ml is in black but I'm sure you can spot the difference in the detail,actually that Creed logo is in black but its shiny and nicely crafted on the cap which also has a better finishing touch than the fake ones

Post Thanks / Like

duplicate post
    Last edited by NoNonScents; 14th September 2006 at 07:20 AM.
    NoNonScents!! Getting Ready to Retire....

quick question.
    Why does the GIT bottle on sites like scentiments, and 1stperfume etc... Look dark blue? The bottle is supposed to be black but they clearly have a picture of it being a dark blue.

Here http://www.scentiments.com/scentimen...H98QK8LRT3DK5F
    http://www.1stperfume.com/brands-c-c...-by-creed.html

And this one from perfumebay the bottle is green:
    http://www.perfumebay.com/grnirish42.html

What gives?
    Last edited by maxse; 23rd October 2006 at 11:50 PM.

I'd just say lighting, and angle. MY bottle is black

Post Thanks / Like

4 ouznce production bottles are matte black. Yep, poor lighting.
    NoNonScents!! Getting Ready to Retire....

If you compare the two cap photos, you'll notice the real one, even though it's all black, has the seal inlaid, whereas the fake cap is all one piece. Based on these photos, that and the shininess of the Creed logo on the bottle are the two easiest ways to spot a fake. Besides the "Frich" thing, of course...

I think this actually answered my questions on a previous post about the discussion of EDP and millesime and EDT's. I have purchase most of my creed from fragrancenet an have had great luck I mean if they are fake they do a good job at hiding it in comparion to a local fragrance dealer here I compared my imperial to his and they were identical. I recently purchase GIT from scentiments and I am awaiting arrival to see if its legit as well. One thing i did find with my tabarome i got off ebay is that my label on the front is peeling off and also the bottom reads toilet water pgs i1p05
    ingredients s d alcohol 39-c, perfume ,water
    made in france

here is a pic of the bottle of tabarome
    http://members.cox.net/chadmwgarrett/100_1580.jpg

my santal and imperial have noting printed on them other than the regualr creed logo made in france and paris and hp on the left and 2 on the right and a 5 on my santal
    anyways i think they are both legit because they have the smooth flowing spray that is signature creed.. I recently purcahse a himlaya off ebay its on its way let you know if its a fake or not.. the guy was selling loads of GIT and himalaya and angel for women.. anyone know of bisys00?

however all my caps are the same and my if your pull the spray cap off the top and look in between the sections it has different things engraged in them as well.... havent got a fake yet but i am sure a fake woudlnt have the numbers and letters engraved in them.. but really i think the fakes with the cheap bottles are from lazy people i mean anyone could sell dilluted fake stuff on ebay... Ive bought other frags off ebay before such as dolce and compared to the dolce at dillards you could tell it had been dilluted down it didnt last very long at all compared the ones i buy at dillards..
    Last edited by chadmwgarrett; 24th October 2006 at 04:46 AM.

Hi - So, I'm somewhat confused: what exactly is the top of an authentic GIT supposed to look like?

Thank you for publishing this expose'!

Man what an interesting thread. I just bought a bottle of Green Irish Tweed from an ebayer. He has a 99.7 positive feedback. So I hope its a real bottle of Creed GIT....I paid 86.00 for it.

Go figure

Quote Originally Posted by chadmwgarrett
    I think this actually answered my questions on a previous post about the discussion of EDP and millesime and EDT's. I have purchase most of my creed from fragrancenet an have had great luck I mean if they are fake they do a good job at hiding it in comparion to a local fragrance dealer here I compared my imperial to his and they were identical. I recently purchase GIT from scentiments and I am awaiting arrival to see if its legit as well. One thing i did find with my tabarome i got off ebay is that my label on the front is peeling off and also the bottom reads toilet water pgs i1p05
    ingredients s d alcohol 39-c, perfume ,water
    made in france

here is a pic of the bottle of tabarome
    http://members.cox.net/chadmwgarrett/100_1580.jpg

my santal and imperial have noting printed on them other than the regualr creed logo made in france and paris and hp on the left and 2 on the right and a 5 on my santal
    anyways i think they are both legit because they have the smooth flowing spray that is signature creed.. I recently purcahse a himlaya off ebay its on its way let you know if its a fake or not.. the guy was selling loads of GIT and himalaya and angel for women.. anyone know of bisys00?

however all my caps are the same and my if your pull the spray cap off the top and look in between the sections it has different things engraged in them as well.... havent got a fake yet but i am sure a fake woudlnt have the numbers and letters engraved in them.. but really i think the fakes with the cheap bottles are from lazy people i mean anyone could sell dilluted fake stuff on ebay... Ive bought other frags off ebay before such as dolce and compared to the dolce at dillards you could tell it had been dilluted down it didnt last very long at all compared the ones i buy at dillards..
    Hey have you received your bottle of Himalaya from bisys00? I just bought a bottle of Himalaya from him as well. I haven't sent the money order yet. So if you have received please let me know...I was planning on going to the post office to day to buy the money order. I'm a bit reluctant, because the description says brand new, but does not come in a box. So that's my fault for nnot reading the description carefully, and not referring to basenotes more often.
    Last edited by muchisgiven; 24th October 2006 at 03:17 PM.