Code of Conduct

Default Eau Dynamisante - Clarins

I gave this citrus scent a good testing out yesterday. While I like the way it smelled (masculine), and its fairly decent longevity, it seemed devoid of any form of projection power.

I seriously doubt anybody else smelled it, despite the seven good squirts of it that I put on.

I now think of this scent as skin hugger - extreme.
    Renato

Default Re: Eau Dynamisante - Clarins

I have been wearing this scent for years and I really still like it. It used to be on my gym bag and always put it on after showering. It's a good staple scent-- very clean, fresh, citrusy. It does not last as long on me as it does on you though. I have to try it again. Of course, now that my wardrobe as evolved, I don't wear it as often as I used to.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Quote Originally Posted by aubrgene
    I have been wearing this scent for years and I really still like it. It used to be on my gym bag and always put it on after showering. It's a good staple scent-- very clean, fresh, citrusy. It does not last as long on me as it does on you though. I have to try it again. Of course, now that my wardrobe as evolved, I don't wear it as often as I used to.
    No argument about how it smells - there are a few citrusy niche and designer scents I'd put it ahead of smell wise, it's just a shame about it's projective qualities. On the other hand, I suppose I should check it on a warmer day and see how it behaves, as it was a bit cool yesterday.
    Renato

Great scent, yes, but no staying power on me. (It's really more of an eau de cologne, no matter how it's labeled.) I'm glad to hear that I am not alone in having thought that this "unisex" frag leans toward the masculine side.
    Good stuff, but save your money for Neroli Sauvage if you wash "fresh and citrusy and energizing" but with much more longevity and sillage. O de Lancome is also excellent in this category, if you can find it.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I'm not sure if it's owned by the same company but Decleour used to have a fragrance very, very similar to Eau Dynamisante. The Decleour version lasted longer but I think it's been discontinued. It very special to me because it's the scent I wore the first time I visited Paris in 1990.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Basenotes Institution

Wore this tonight for the 1st time.

Nice stuff, very natural smelling citrus notes...almost like a modern version of Eau de Imperiale by Guerlain with a bit of the softness of the older one shined up a bit. I smelled the patchouli in the base, which gave it (on my skin) a chypre-ish effect.

I think I might look around for a cheapo bottle online.

It reminds me most of Eau d'Orange Vert by Hermes, which may give you more of a "pop".

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Wore this tonight for the 1st time.

Nice stuff, very natural smelling citrus notes...almost like a modern version of Eau de Imperiale by Guerlain with a bit of the softness of the older one shined up a bit. I smelled the patchouli in the base, which gave it (on my skin) a chypre-ish effect.

I think I might look around for a cheapo bottle online.
    Yes, it's a pretty interesting scent.
    Since I wrote the above, my sister-in-law said she didn't like it, my neice said she didn't like it, and my later to be wife said she didn't like it - which is pretty odd considering Clarins market it to women.
    I did give a bottle to a female friend back then, who sometimes liked wearing male scents.
    She didn't mind it, but thought it more of a skin tonic than a scent.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by blondex199667 View Post
    It reminds me most of Eau d'Orange Vert by Hermes, which may give you more of a "pop".
    I own both, but have never thought to do that side by side comparison. I must do it.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 29th April 2010 at 06:04 PM.

I wear this one quite a bit, and I got the lotion too, which smells exactly like the EDT, and might make the EDT hang around a little longer. I get good longevity with it, and my wife notices it saying “you smell good, like you just came from a spa”, which I think is really accurate…this frag has a very “clean, relaxed, and invigorated” smell to it. I use it during warm weather or when I’m traveling, as I find it does have an energizing effect on me.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

Basenotes Institution

It kind of does smell like the air in a luxury spa, now that you mention it arlecchino.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    It kind of does smell like the air in a luxury spa, now that you mention it arlecchino.
    Exactly that ! I love Eau Dynamisante .
    Also ..... La Prairie 's Cellular Body Spray has that citrussy ,clean 'just stepped out of a luxury spa' smell too.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.