Code of Conduct

Thread: Ferre for man

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ferre for man

Smelled this one today in sephora.
    Well....it starts like a more intense Dior homme and after a couple of hours it settles down to a white floral scent. It smells pretty feminine now after 5 hours from it's application.
    An interesting scent very romantic I could say and definitely feminine to my untrained nose.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ferre for man

No pedanterie, just to be sure you mean 'Gianfranco Ferré Man'? They have a few with very similar names, like also GFF Lui, and GFFerré Uomo.
    It has Jasmine, maybe also rose, herbs, leather...all kinds of things, and is a complex, well composed fragrance. Romantic, if you like, for me rather joyful and elegant. It is somewhat different from bigger name fragrances and therefore really special. Not many people know that forgotten gem!

I don't think I would wear this on a rainy day, with sweaters, denims and boots. I would also not call it feminine, not a bit! But women could wear it, although pls. not around me.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Thumbs up Re: Ferre for man

Gianfranco Ferré Men (1986) has been my signature scent since its release.
    It one of the most beautiful men scent ever: leathery, woody, flowery, citrusy and definetely very complex, long lasting, manly.
    It is so to say a "smiling and sunny Knize Ten".

I've tested the new Ferré for man yesterday. It is different from the previous but also very good indeed. More modern, for our days, because of the iris note, always masculine, very refined and more formal than the previous one. I think I'll buy a full bottle of this for daily office wear.

Regards. W

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I'm talking about the new Ferre for man by Gianfranco FerrE.

Post Thanks / Like

It does not matter if I bring F E R R É to the top another time. Men, you should sample them, they are good, actually quite distinguished, and don't even cost a fortune. Their naming system (GFF; GFFerré; Gianfranco Ferré, homme, man, lui, uomo) drives me up the wall, as if it was designed to confuse me. All bottles say essentially the same until you look twice.

The one I own was first released 1986 ( the directory says ), and the (golden) box says: 'Man' on one side, 'Uomo' on the other, (the directory has it as 'Men'). The bottle is black and pharmacy-brown with simply 'Gianfranco Ferré' in golden letters. The first blast reminds a little of Azzaro Homme, but that disappears quickly into dark smoke before a faint breath jasmin emanates together with other things.

1997 they issued a scent named 'GFF Uomo'

2004 they issued another new scent 'GFFerré Lui'
    Is this the one with Iris, and perhaps therefore reminding of Dior Homme?

See Marlen's review of it here: http://www.perfumecritic.com/blog/_a...9/2213838.html
    Last edited by narcus; 28th October 2006 at 07:48 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Post Thanks / Like

post edit: See Marlen's review of MAN here: http://www.perfumecritic.com/blog/_a...9/2213838.html

Post Thanks / Like

That's the review of 'Gianfranco Ferré for man" The old one.
    There's a new one called simply "Ferre for man" by Gianfranco Ferre and it's the couterpart of "Ferre eau de parfum" the fragrance for women released last year.
    Fore more details check his website.
    www.gianfrancoferre.com