Code of Conduct

Default gendarme = woolite

yuck! there's a reason I pay through the nose, so to speak, for drycleaning...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: gendarme = woolite

I want your woolite.

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    I want your woolite.

Add me to that list.

I've never used Woolite, but if it smells like Gendarme (my SotD), then I'll wash everything I own in it.

it's very easy to find woolite and it costs a lot less than gendarme. have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with supermarky. Drycleaners all the way. Nauseatingly synthetic-chemical to my nose.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Post Thanks / Like

I have now attempted all of Gendarme's offerings and to me they are nasty. Now, that isn't an attack. If you love it...great. Soapy...yes! Cheap smelling...yep. Has anyone else noticed that except for the "green" scent, they all pretty much smell the same or are based on exactly the same notes just in slightly different amounts? Didn't work at all on my skin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman
    I have now attempted all of Gendarme's offerings and to me they are nasty. Now, that isn't an attack. If you love it...great. Soapy...yes! Cheap smelling...yep. Has anyone else noticed that except for the "green" scent, they all pretty much smell the same or are based on exactly the same notes just in slightly different amounts? Didn't work at all on my skin.
    Gendarme, V, and Grabazzi all smell very different !

Didnt you notice the strong vetiver note in V ? Or the fresh-spicy-oriental tone of Grabazzi ?

Gendarme isnt flashy, but its a clean cut scent which is almost military like in its execution; muted, yet clinical. Efficient, and works all the time.
    -

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't call it a strong vetiver note (Route du Vetiver it aint), in fact, to me it's pretty slight. I did reviews of all of them and thought...where is the originality? The first Gendarme...maybe. But all of the rest are so similar that if you have one, you don't need any of the others. Now the Green one that smells like bell peppers is a different story even though it's very soapy (same house notes). I am searching for samples of the 7 deadly sins to try. To me the house note is a clean musk. Very bland.

I'm not familiar with the smell of Woolite, but I do think Gendarme = sunscreen like OMG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman
    Very bland.
    The main innovation here is that its the "Clinique" of fragrances - people allergic to fragrances can put on Gendarme with no side effects. It wont give Angelique Encens or Chanel no. 5 a run for their money for sure.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky
    yuck! there's a reason I pay through the nose, so to speak, for drycleaning...
    I have to agree. It smells just like freshly laundered clothes, if not Woolite, some other soap product. As a matter of fact, what really turned me off to it was the day I put it on and it smelled just like the detergent/fabric softener combination my t-shirt was washed in. Yeah, yeah, the drydown is a bit leathery but whatever....
    There is no Nose....

Actually, I bought Gendarme from the Sephora housecleaning so I did buy it for cheaper than Woolite.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

with woolite you can at least do your "fine washables" what good is the gendarme?

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher
    Actually, I bought Gendarme from the Sephora housecleaning so I did buy it for cheaper than Woolite.

TNMA

I missed out on that. I am soooo jealous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thenmarcher

TNMA
    I bought my Gendarme during that time as well. I was just gonna get the small 2oz bottle, but I ended up getting a 2oz and a 4oz for less than $30 altogether .

I just like it's fresh soapiness. And I've found lately that it does seem to last longer than I initially thought, which is another bonus. Does it have a kind of generic clean scent? Yeah...but I don't think that's a bad thing at all.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by supermarky
    with woolite you can at least do your "fine washables" what good is the gendarme?
    At least its better than Kouros and Chergui, hahahhaha.
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)