Code of Conduct

Default a very dangerous find

So during my last order from scentiments.com I noticed that they were listed as being in south Florida, not too far from where I live. So i called the 800 number and asked what the possibility was of shopping direct and not having to pay shipping, etc. The guy said they had a few locations locally and gave me a phone number to call. After dialing, I found out their shop was located in a shopping plaza about a mile from where I live. Today I happened to stop by to see if there was anything worth seeking.... and OMG it was amazing. prices exactly as on scentiments, no shipping costs, the ability to try anything I wanted and a very friendly running the shop - who was knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. I wound up buying two tester bottles, and will definitely be back for more. The danger comes in knowing they're so close to me and en route to my office - will pass by them twice a day every day of the week.

At one point she said "you look overwhelmed" and I said "I've never seen anythign like it" and she says "you wouldn't believe the warehouse then... my husband is there now. rows and rows of shelves" i felt faint!

Default Re: a very dangerous find

Great! Can you ask them when will they be restocking their Creeds and getting Bond no. 9 bottles?
    -

Sounds like 'Perfume Heaven'.

So what were the bottles you bought? Don't keep us in suspense.

Picked up a nice big bottle of Givenchy Pi (3.4) for $24 and the 3.3oz bottle of Hermes Eau d' Orange Verte for $20.

They had an entire shelf of Creed products. I tried Himalaya and thought about it, but still not sure yet. That and GIT are both in my shopping list, but want to try them each on their own, not over anything else I'm wearing and let them dry down before I spend $50 on the bottle.

But yeah, they had lots of the stuff in stock at this store that's listed as out of stock on the website too. Yay!

I often look at the site and drool. Why does everything have to be so much more expensive/hard to find over here in the UK.

{sigh}

Wow!!!! They are real bargains. Wish we had somewhere like that over here in Yorkshire.

I love the folks at Scentiments -- they've been very, very kind and very professional over the years. The only problem I've found is that they do have a hard time keeping things in stock. Otherwise, no complaints whatsoever!

As for the English and their prices, well, that's what comes of 25% V.A.T.'s, eh? That said, you guys DO get a much larger selection of fragrances than we do, at least insofar as Continental scents are concerned. And finding Penhaligon, Pecksniff, Old Bond and Crown Perfumery scents here in the U.S. can be QUITE challenging sometimes.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 27th October 2006 at 06:58 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Wow. That sounds cool. Unfortunately I'm in Tennessee and there is nothing that I know of like that around here.

Say, I have never ordered anything from Scentiments.com. When you do order something from them, can you pretty much count on it being authentic, and as described on the site?

Only place I have ever ordered form on the net is Scented Monkey. Pretty decent experience overall, just took forever for my stuff to arrive.
    Join The Revolution. Howard 100 & Howard 101. Sirius Satellite Radio. No More BS!

Quote Originally Posted by SternFan
    Wow. That sounds cool. Unfortunately I'm in Tennessee and there is nothing that I know of like that around here.

Say, I have never ordered anything from Scentiments.com. When you do order something from them, can you pretty much count on it being authentic, and as described on the site?

Only place I have ever ordered form on the net is Scented Monkey. Pretty decent experience overall, just took forever for my stuff to arrive.
    Yes, Scentiments is the real deal. They tend to specialize in testers, but they ship with care, and the products are all in the original tester boxes and packaged well. They deliver quickly and the prices can't be beat.

Quote Originally Posted by rentboy
    Picked up a nice big bottle of Givenchy Pi (3.4) for $24 and the 3.3oz bottle of Hermes Eau d' Orange Verte for $20.

They had an entire shelf of Creed products. I tried Himalaya and thought about it, but still not sure yet. That and GIT are both in my shopping list, but want to try them each on their own, not over anything else I'm wearing and let them dry down before I spend $50 on the bottle.

But yeah, they had lots of the stuff in stock at this store that's listed as out of stock on the website too. Yay!
    Hihihi $24, hohoho $20, hehehe $50 sorry, I just lost my mind. I'm moving there tomorrow, I mean, into the f...ing WAREHOUSE
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Could you perhaps post the locations of the stores

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rentboy

It' s the low price for Creed that makes me ill almost! I wouldn't even be able to get shitty 30 ml for the price. Creed only exports full size bottles to Switzerland, and their price is about $140 (sales tax of 9% included)! Orange verte here: about $ 80
    Last edited by narcus; 28th October 2006 at 08:24 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

They have two kiosks at the Festival Flea Market in Pompano and their warehouse is in the same building as Big Discount, which supplies Perfumania. What goodies they have there!

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    They have two kiosks at the Festival Flea Market in Pompano and their warehouse is in the same building as Big Discount, which supplies Perfumania. What goodies they have there!
    Yep - this one is up in Lake Worth, but I've been across Sample Rd enough times to have sussed that they must also be in the Festival Flea Market as well.
    Where is the warehouse? Is it open to the public?

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy
    As for the English and their prices, well, that's what comes of 25% V.A.T.'s, eh?
    VAT is actually 17.5% in the UK.

rentboy- Their's is not, but I could probably get you into Big Discount.

Oh man!

I can get a bottle of Antonio Banderas' newer frag for the same price as you can get a creed! It sickens me!

Wow I am so envious!
    hope you get many many new great experiences with that (i mean scents!)
    tell us what is your next target please.