Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default For fans of Drakkar Noir.

Wow. I went to my local Yankee candle dealer today and picked up a few tarts for my warmers. Well, one of the scents I picked up was MidSummer's Night. It's a black candle, or tart in my case. I fired one up, and holy cow! it smells just exactly like Drakkar Noir. This may not be news to some, but it certainly is a new find for me. Sadly, I'm not a fan of Drakkar. Lol. Good thing I didn't buy that many of them.

I messed up. I simply sniffed the tart through it's wrapping, and liked what I got out of it. However, when I got home, I found this out. Yikes!
    Join The Revolution. Howard 100 & Howard 101. Sirius Satellite Radio. No More BS!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: For fans of Drakkar Noir.

Actually you're not alone! Months ago I posted about Yankee Midsummer's Night. I recalled that a friend from high school, Josh, used to smell really good but I didn't really associate it with him wearing a particular cologne. I thought he naturally just smelled good. Then when I smelled Yankee Midsummer's Night candle, it reminded me of how Josh smelled. So I asked BN members if they thought Midsummer's Night smelled like a particular frag that he might have worn. Sure enough, the overwhelming response on the board was that he probably wore Drakkar Noir. And it made sense, because I remember that Drakkar Noir was pretty popular when I was in high school in the mid 90s.

Funny how things work sometimes.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

Yes! More Guy Laroche fans!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    Actually you're not alone! Months ago I posted about Yankee Midsummer's Night. I recalled that a friend from high school, Josh, used to smell really good but I didn't really associate it with him wearing a particular cologne. I thought he naturally just smelled good. Then when I smelled Yankee Midsummer's Night candle, it reminded me of how Josh smelled. So I asked BN members if they thought Midsummer's Night smelled like a particular frag that he might have worn. Sure enough, the overwhelming response on the board was that he probably wore Drakkar Noir. And it made sense, because I remember that Drakkar Noir was pretty popular when I was in high school in the mid 90s.

Funny how things work sometimes.
    I've been using this for over a decade off and on and I always said it smelled like Drakkar. Hilarious.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

It smells like Drakkar Noir, or patchouli and lavender.