Code of Conduct

Arrow Where On Earth Can I Find Casual Friday?

I've been looking everywhere for a bottle of Escada's Casual Friday, but everywhere I look, it is out of stock.

Can anybody direct me to a source? Any help would be much appreciated! PM is fine =)

P.S. I live near Chicago.

Thrax

Default Re: Where On Earth Can I Find Casual Friday?

Someone just added it to thier swaplist in the swap thread. I think thats the person you need to get ahold of...

It's discontinued, not just "out of stock," unfortunately.
    I see 2.5 oz. bottles sell on eBay between $40 and $60.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Found some here and here. I love their Magnetism for Men.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    Found some here and here. I love their Magnetism for Men.

Dan
    It's unfortunate, but of the two, only 1stperfume says they are in stock. The reviews on 1stperfume are truly horrific, so I'd rather not chance it.

Would Burberry Brit be a suitable substitute for Casual Friday? I am worried about the Brit being too powdery.

Casual Friday is one of my all-time favorites. You could definitely buy this one blind!

Quote Originally Posted by scentconnoisseur
    I've been looking everywhere for a bottle of Escada's Casual Friday, but everywhere I look, it is out of stock.

Can anybody direct me to a source? Any help would be much appreciated! PM is fine =)

P.S. I live near Chicago.
    They seem to have it here http://perfumeexpo.com/page/1fl/Home.html. I've ordered from them before and not had a problem. They are a retail outlet in the fashion district in LA...not heavily advertised on the net. But I have found quite a few discontinued items there at fairly reasonable prices. And, you're right....Stay away from 1stperfume.com at all costs.

Good luck!

Kim
    Last edited by GraySwan; 29th October 2006 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scentconnoisseur
    It's unfortunate, but of the two, only 1stperfume says they are in stock. The reviews on 1stperfume are truly horrific, so I'd rather not chance it.

Would Burberry Brit be a suitable substitute for Casual Friday? I am worried about the Brit being too powdery.
    Not the same. Casual Friday is more like a "spilled coffee w/cream" + woods frag.

Brit has a different sort of woody feel to it along with the spiced gourmand notes + rose.

I can't think of a substitute for Casual Friday. Casual Friday was a little bit too synthetic for me, but pretty good overall and outstanding duration.
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

I found it a little synthetic too, but I believe Pugsley5 here at Basenotes sells decants of it, if you are interested.

I love Casual Friday, but will caution against it if you're not a fan of either sandalwood and/or anise. (The anise notes, as in Lolita Lempicka Pour Homme, are QUITE pronounced.)

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

there is some aftershave balm and shower gel up on strawberrynet.com, you could e-mail them to see if they could source some edt, they have been quite helpful to me in the past.