Code of Conduct

Angry Fragrance Thieves 2.0 (or The Grinch That Stole Christmas)

When I was at Von Maur today, I talked to a rep for Procter & Gamble's Prestige Beaute Division (which handles Hugo Boss, Dolce & Gabbana, Lacoste, Escada, and other popular fragrance brands). He said that a group of thieves have been stealing smellies direct from their fragrance distribution center in New Jersey.

Here's a rundown: As soon as the stuff was finally shipped from across the pond (the manufacturing facilities for the scents in question are in the UK, France, and Italy), the thieves stole semi-trucks full of the popular scents from the P&G distribution center that were supposed to be shipped to distribution centers for the likes of Nordstrom, Macy's, Sephora, Neiman Marcus, and Saks. From there, they are probably selling the juice on the grey market (mainly overseas, but in the US, too). This is causing major headaches for P&G and the retailers, as the retailers are getting late shipments. It's especially hitting Federated Dept. Stores (parent of Macy's and Bloomingdale's) hard, as it's the biggest seller of these brands. Likewise, inventory-control-conscious Nordstrom is also reporting major difficulties.

Not only that, but the US/Canada launch of the new D&G women's scent (The One) was delayed until 2007 due to the fact that the P&G fragrance production facilities in Europe are allotting their capacity for the US market to replenish the stolen inventory first.

The good news: P&G is working hard to find these crooks.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: Fragrance Thieves 2.0 (or The Grinch That Stole Christmas)

The Quatre Voleurs strike again.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio