Code of Conduct
    BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Fancy Atomizers -- does anyone here use them?

Some of my fragrances are contained in flacons whose design bothers me, and I was thinking about buying a couple simple bottles from E.D. Luce, applying attractive vintage-looking floral stickers to them, then pulling off the crimped caps from my ugly bottles (this isn't hard to do), and pouring the juice into the prettier housing.

Then I googled "atomizers," thinking that if I ever found something approaching a holy grail scent and, if it didn't have a splendid bottle (Jicky EDT's refill bottles are so plain for instance), then it might deserve royal dress. Does anyone use fancy atomizers like they offer at Perfume Atomizer King for your most special fragrance?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Fancy Atomizers -- does anyone here use them?

Quarry, the links are very useful.
    I do decant some of my scent and put them into atomizers for travel. I found some very pretty roll-on vials in Hong Kong and they are made it Japan. They cost approximately 3 US dollars each.

I have a few old DeVilbiss atomizers which I use with either 1) scents of which I have plenty or 2) scents I use very often....the reason is that I find these atomizers, the vintage ones anyway, allow enough evaporation that I would not use them for something expensive or irreplaceable.

Years ago, someone gave me a stunning parfum bottle, the kind you dab on, and I put scent in it only to lose a great deal of the fragrance. Fortunately it still smelled nice and I used it up...but never again would I transfer a beauty in a beast-bottle into a stunning flacon.

I dislike bulb atomizers. They puff out more air than fragrance and are a frustration. If anyone has tried Prada or Fifi Chachnil, she will understand this problem. As far as other types, it seems that atomizers do not atomize equally. I have some that dispense so vigorously that each spray is about 2 ml of scent. I try to avoid changing containers.

As an aside, citrus (primarily orange) eats tubing. This is the reason there are so many quality-control issues with Fifi. Also, bulb atomizers tend to leak in transit. Just some observations.

Thank you for the link, I just added them to my favorites !

Default Fancy Shmancy Atomizers

You can get antique vanity sets and factice to enhance your collection, too.

http://www.auntjudysattic.com/Antique_Vanity_Items.htm

Or restore an old commercial set:

http://www.passionforperfume.com/For...mercialA-B.htm

While we're on the topic of atomizers...does anyone know where I can purchase some 5ml(1/6 oz) glass atomizers that have caps? I need some for a Christmas present project I am working on. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by GraySwan
    While we're on the topic of atomizers...does anyone know where I can purchase some 5ml(1/6 oz) glass atomizers that have caps? I need some for a Christmas present project I am working on. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Kim

Kim: Here's a 4.5ml one.

I may order that one myself to use with my Paul Sebatian Brownstone splash bottle. I don't like to 'splash' it on.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

I've looked at the site you mention, Q, but though I'm mightily attracted to a couple of them (golden art crystal) I was just too skittish with my juice. The bulb atomizers are tipsy unless you get one with an extension and tassle and they have more opportunity for air leaks and evaporation. Now, I did look at some others... but in the end I just got the Creed atomizer for my FdtRB. Some of them are sooooo lovely. If you should get one, please report!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    Kim: Here's a 4.5ml one.

I may order that one myself to use with my Paul Sebatian Brownstone splash bottle. I don't like to 'splash' it on.

Dan
    Thanks Dan. That's a mighty fine looking atomizer...but I am looking for something a little less fancy(and less expensive) as I will need quite a few of them. The type I am trying to locate are clear glass with gold atomizer & cap. I know I've seen a 5ml that looks like this...but, for the life of me I can't seem to locate them online.
    Last edited by GraySwan; 30th October 2006 at 06:17 PM.

Kim: I f you find what you're looking for, I'd be interested in getting one or two too from your source. I didn't order the Sephora one.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    Kim: I f you find what you're looking for, I'd be interested in getting one or two too from your source. I didn't order the Sephora one.

Dan
    You got it, Dan. I'm working on something as we speak. When I get them in the mail...if it's the right thing... I'll let you know.

Kim

Hi everyone! I'm new here, and it's my first reply!

Yes, I do, and I bought a smaller one that is about 18X78 mm long instead of 26X98 mm (the one at Perfume Atomizers King). I got it for $9 at Sephora in the mall. It's perfect for my purse. The cap and the bottom casing slides off so perfectly it seems like it was made at a factory with no variance tolerance for machining accuracy variations!

deafdrummer
    Last edited by deafdrummer; 6th November 2006 at 10:41 PM.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deafdrummer
    Hi everyone! I'm new here, and it's my first reply!
    Welcome to the wild side, dd. Post long and prosper!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Seen these?