Code of Conduct

Question But if Givenchy Gentleman

had been actually changed together with new packaging, how could I replace it? This is the sad question. The repackaged version seems to my nose to lack the civet note and unfortunately also the drydown. Just the patchouly topnotes are the same, but then only soap in the new version. Is it just an impression of mine or has anyone else also noticed this? Hope to be wrong... Thankyou for the inputs and regards. W

Default Re: But if Givenchy Gentleman

Yes, the new stuff is pallid and flat and altogether bowdlerized. If you like all that is wonderful about the OLD Gentleman, don't hesitate to try Bond No. 9's wonderful H.O.T. Always -- it's great stuff, and definitively sans the bewildering neutering which Gentleman has recently undergone.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Waldemar
    had been actually changed together with new packaging, how could I replace it? This is the sad question. The repackaged version seems to my nose to lack the civet note and unfortunately also the drydown. Just the patchouly topnotes are the same, but then only soap in the new version. Is it just an impression of mine or has anyone else also noticed this? Hope to be wrong... Thankyou for the inputs and regards. W
    been a long time since i smelled the original. the new one does smell a little soapy. if it does contain civet it doesn't seem very pronounced.

Why are these houses attenuating such magnificent frags. I would love to be able to smell Antaeus and Gentleman in all their potent glory.

Quote Originally Posted by rompip
    Why are these houses attenuating such magnificent frags. I would love to be able to smell Antaeus and Gentleman in all their potent glory.
    Lots of reasons. In the time since many of the fragrances were originally concieved, some ingedients may have been found to have harmful side effects, others may just be too costly to source, and still others involve cruelty to animals in order to obtain. In the case of Civet, I suspect the industry has been decimated by the obstructionist efforts of the powerful Crazy Cat Lady lobby.

Yeah, I bought a bottle of the new juice and It's indeed less rich than the original (excepting the patchouli note)... I don't know why but I feel some similarity with Ungaro II. Is it due to the civet?

RTbar

check out HOT always by bond 9 if you liked gentlemen, i still detect a strong civet note.