Code of Conduct

Post October usage stats!

I thought I'd waste some time by compiling usage stats from our SOTD threads.
    Of course, this turned into a greater task than I had anticipated, so this is data from only part of the month (13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29. I just went down the list of search results, which is why some days are missing right now).

I counted all frags for my personal list, but this public compilation will only show frags with more than two usages in the above-mentioned days. It's possible that I left out one or two frags that were used twice or three times, since I am pretty tired. I know for a fact that CK be is missing from the list, but I think that one scored a 3 or 4.

I combined Rive Gauche edt and Rive Gauche Intense, since they are pretty similar. If people layered, I counted each layer as its own frag. I also counted the frags that were posted by women or that were 'female' frags (although the only result that got onto this list was Chypre Rouge, thanks to tigrushka ) I didn't count deo, aftershave, lotion, etc as its own frag unless it was the only thing a person was wearing. And obviously, if a person switched frags halfway through the day, I counted both.

The actual list of frags spanned four pages each containing 3 columns in my tiny handwriting, so... you guys sure know how to shop! It was fun watching patterns emerge, either by the day or by the user.

Rive Gauche- 22
    Gucci ph- 19
    Dior Homme- 15
    M7- 14
    Habit Rouge- 14
    Terre D'Hermes- 13
    Antaeus- 13
    A*Men- 13
    Guerlain Vetiver- 12
    Tea for Two- 12
    Gucci Envy- 11
    Burberry Brit- 10
    Bulgari ph- 10
    Voleur de Roses- 10
    John Varvatos- 9
    Tam Dao- 9
    Fumerie Turque- 9
    Body Kouros- 9
    Chergui- 9
    Colonia Assoluta- 9
    Egoiste- 9
    MKK- 8
    Ungaro III- 8
    Opium ph- 7
    Sung Homme- 7
    212 Men- 7
    New Tabarome- 7
    MPG Santal Noble- 7
    Dzing!- 7
    Knize Ten- 7
    Floris Santal- 7
    JHL- 6
    Chanel Allure- 6
    Musc Ravageur- 6
    Armani Code- 6
    Grey Flannel- 6
    Lolita Lempicka a.m.- 6
    Givenchy Pi- 6
    Caron PuH- 6
    Fou D'Absinthe- 6
    L'Air du Desert Marocain- 5
    Bois du Portugal- 5
    SL Ambre Sultan- 5
    L'Homme Sage- 5
    Millesime Imperial- 5
    Helmut Lang- 5
    Arabie- 5
    Mugler Cologne- 5
    Vetiver Extraordinaire- 5
    Touaregh- 5
    Lonestar Memories- 5
    CdG Sequoia- 5
    L'Instant- 5
    Chanel pour Monsieur- 5
    Green Irish Tweed- 5
    Dzongkha- 4
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste- 4
    M7 Fresh- 4
    Magnetism- 4
    l'Artisan Patchouli Patch- 4
    Jicky- 4
    Osmanthus- 4
    Himalaya- 4
    Scent Intense- 4
    Gaultier^2- 4
    Black Cashmere- 4
    Villoresi Uomo- 4
    Bulgari Aqva- 4
    MPG Baime- 4
    Caron's 3rd man- 4
    Guerlain Derby- 4
    Geir- 4
    D&G ph- 4
    Visit- 4
    Coriolan- 3
    Passage D'Enfer- 3
    Philosykos- 3
    D&G By Man- 3
    Polo Black- 3
    Obsession- 3
    Gendarme V- 3
    Neroli Sauvage- 3
    Idole de Lubin- 3
    SL Chene- 3
    Paco Rabanne- 3
    RL Romance Silver- 3
    Basala- 3
    SL Santal Blanc- 3
    GFT Sandalwood- 3
    Vintage Tabarome- 3
    Endymion- 3
    Kouros- 3
    Chypre Rouge- 3

Make of it what you will. There sure were some surprises in there for me.

You all have a good night-
    -ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]

Default Re: October usage stats!

Surprised that Geir only had 4 users .

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Thrax

That's......impressive. You have more time on your hands than I do. We need women.

Nice work greyhue! I was pretty surprised with the low usage of Kouros as well. It seems that for everyone that despises this frag, thier are just as many who like it. Still, it doesn't seem like enough people wear it?

Here comes my October stats:

Opium Fleur De Shanghai - YSL *3
    Madison Soiree - Bond No 9 *3
    Eau De Merveilles - Hermes *2
    Krizia - Moods *2
    Jicky - Guerlain *2
    Floret - Antonia's Flowers *2
    Blue - Ralph Lauren
    La Chasse Aux Papillons - L'Artisan
    Fleurs 2000 - Creed
    Kenzo D'ete - Kenzo
    Verte Violettec- L'Artisan
    Petite Cherie - Annick Goutal
    Fracas - Rovbert Piguet
    Ce Soir ou Jamais - Annick Goutal
    Zen - Shiseido
    Escada (Original) - Escada
    Datura Noir - Serge Lutens
    Coco Mademoiselle - Chanel
    Chloe - Karl Lagerfeld
    Peau de Pêche - Keiko Mercheri
    So New York - Bond No 9
    Prada
    Fleurs De Citronnier - Serge Lutens
    Jolie Madame - Pierre Balmain

Looks like I tend to favour the spiciness of Opium for Autumn. Madison Soiree also got more usage as it is still very new in my wardrobe.

ben,

hell of a list. interesting to see how things change, or stay the same.

coconut, you've worn some great ones this month.
    "...The history of perfumery before this subdivision of niche was manufactured, both literally and imaginatively, is a long one, with thousands upon thousands of fragrances. The true fragrance lover takes each fragrance one at a time, and examines it preferably outside of the imaginatively manufactured categories and, in doing so, builds up a steady, informed basis for seasoned comparative judgments based on the sampling and information gathered from such sampling. This is why any one on the board who ever has anything particular interesting to say about fragrances as fragrances rather than as categorical constructs always has an abiding interest and passion for all kinds of fragrances and not just a narrow niche of fragrances. Conversely, the "niche whores," the more and more narrow their interests become, the more and more they mimic the ad copy of the very companies they worship. I know whose posts I like to read..."

“Perfume is decidedly not about two things: it isn’t about memory and it isn’t about sex. Perfume is about beauty and intellect,” .......... “A perfume is a message in a bottle—not a smell—and the message is written by the perfumer and read by the person who smells it.”

Book recommendations:

Perfumes: The A-Z Guide
    The Emperor of Scent
    The Perfect Scent
    Scent and Chemistry

Feeding the Monster: IFRA and the EU Parliament
    www.firstnerve.com/2013/06/feeding-monster-ifra-and-eu-parliament.html

-http://www.firstnerve.com/2013/06/feeding-monster-ifra-and-eu-parliament.html

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    coconut, you've worn some great ones this month.
    Thanks pluran, which ones do you like best?

Wow ... all the good reviews of the new Burberry London Men and it didn't even make the cut ...

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut
    Thanks pluran, which ones do you like best?
    coconut (love that name btw),

my brain is tired. hard to say which ones i like the best. i haven't tried many of the ones you listed. i wear jicky edp a lot. it's a great one. much better than the edt. i had to buy extra bottles because my girlfirend also likes it. fracas is always amazing on the right woman.
    Last edited by pluran; 31st October 2006 at 03:16 AM.
    "...The history of perfumery before this subdivision of niche was manufactured, both literally and imaginatively, is a long one, with thousands upon thousands of fragrances. The true fragrance lover takes each fragrance one at a time, and examines it preferably outside of the imaginatively manufactured categories and, in doing so, builds up a steady, informed basis for seasoned comparative judgments based on the sampling and information gathered from such sampling. This is why any one on the board who ever has anything particular interesting to say about fragrances as fragrances rather than as categorical constructs always has an abiding interest and passion for all kinds of fragrances and not just a narrow niche of fragrances. Conversely, the "niche whores," the more and more narrow their interests become, the more and more they mimic the ad copy of the very companies they worship. I know whose posts I like to read..."

“Perfume is decidedly not about two things: it isn’t about memory and it isn’t about sex. Perfume is about beauty and intellect,” .......... “A perfume is a message in a bottle—not a smell—and the message is written by the perfumer and read by the person who smells it.”

Book recommendations:

Perfumes: The A-Z Guide
    The Emperor of Scent
    The Perfect Scent
    Scent and Chemistry

Feeding the Monster: IFRA and the EU Parliament
    www.firstnerve.com/2013/06/feeding-monster-ifra-and-eu-parliament.html

-http://www.firstnerve.com/2013/06/feeding-monster-ifra-and-eu-parliament.html

I guess Body Kouros was the strangest one for me...I thought the hype was over...

I was starting to miss these lists! Thanks a lot.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    Wow ... all the good reviews of the new Burberry London Men and it didn't even make the cut ...
    I've been pretty monogamous to London for a while, wearing it maybe 4 or 5 days a week since I bought it a month ago. Its not reflected in GHoD's table because I don't usually post in the SOTD thread. I'm sure there are many other frags that have been worn by Basenoters, but mss the table simply because the data collecting (i.e. SOTD-thread-crunching) only catches those who post.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    I've been pretty monogamous to London for a while, wearing it maybe 4 or 5 days a week since I bought it a month ago. Its not reflected in GHoD's table because I don't usually post in the SOTD thread. I'm sure there are many other frags that have been worn by Basenoters, but mss the table simply because the data collecting (i.e. SOTD-thread-crunching) only catches those who post.

True. The ironic thing is that I only post about half the time in the SOTD thread. If I had included my own frags, the list would look substantially different, as I wear two or three per day.

-ben
    Nihil Obstat Ben

[url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1883]My Wardrobe[/url]