Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Question "Dupe oils" aka "imposter designer fragrances"... any sources to recommend?

Tinker mentioned in a recent post that she had received a "dupe oil" and I needed to know what that meant which led to the question!

Anybody out there have any sources for quality knockoffs?
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Default Re: "Dupe oils" aka "imposter designer fragrances"... any sources to recommend?

Anyone buy from Bathedandinfused.com? They have a big selection of dupe scents, including Chanel No.19 !! I just might have to order blind
    Last edited by tinker424; 3rd November 2006 at 07:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: "Dupe oils" aka "imposter designer fragrances"... any sources to recommend?

Well yes, I'm a Bathed & Infused customer. I can highly recommend them, not only in dupes, but also in their very original own scents!

Post Thanks / Like

My personal luck with "dupe oils" tend to be about 50/50. Sometimes they are really good and sometimes they are really awful. Samples are the way to go. That being said, I've gotten some good things from:

http://www.escentsational.com/catalog/default.php - Scentsational of Huntington

http://www.thefragranceshop.com/Home2.htm - The Fragrance Shop
    Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
    - Lao Tzu

I've ordered samples of The Fragrance Shop's dupes. Their Jungle Gardenia is very true to the original. I think it's a great scent. But some of the other dupes I tried did not strike me as very true to the original. As Artisankey says, it's hit or miss. Samples are the best way to go there.

Thank you for the links, Key!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks EVERYBODY!!! Got a few more trails to sniff down now - always willing to try anything !!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Post Thanks / Like

I have a photo that I just took of a perfume my husband sent from Kuwait. Came in the mail today. He got it at a Bazaar on base (or whatever they call it) and he was told that it's Fendi and it comes from Switzerland. The box has Middle eastern writing on it.

I can't upload the photo from my computer (is it possible on a post?), but if you go to my page and click other albums- there it is, the box with the writing on it and the perfume bottle. It's an oil, strong and nice. Went to feed the chickens after I put some on and with the wind blowing- it smelled much more fruitier than the Fendi I remember from 24 yrs ago, never the less, it was nice. Now I don't smell it after 40 minutes... maybe the wind took it all away!

This is an oil. No writing anywhere except from the red few marks on the box. Take a look at it and tell me what you think. How can it be a real Fendi oil with no other markings on the box. Switzerland to Kuwait?? Sure am wondering. My guess is that they have a big bottle of perfume and fill other smaller bottles to sell.
    Eliza
    (seems like vintage L'origan was made just for me)

I like CherryBlossomDiva on ebay-although her "recreation" of Carnal Flower isn't anywhere near the magic of the Malle masterpiece, it still smells very nice. Also her recreation of Chergui by Serge Lutens is fabulous! I like her non-"dupe" scents too, like "fresh roses" and "sweet grass"-I love to wear oils sometimes just because they're easier on the nose. Also the lasting power of all of her oils is great, oils are perfect for anybody who cares about lasting power.

Quote Originally Posted by Artisankey View Post
    My personal luck with "dupe oils" tend to be about 50/50. Sometimes they are really good and sometimes they are really awful. Samples are the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by sherrie11 View Post
    As Artisankey says, it's hit or miss. Samples are the best way to go there.
    My only experience has been with saveonscents.com. The web site is easy to navigate, the prices are reasonable, and the order arrived quickly and in good shape. I would not have any hesitation to order from there again.

That being said, my experience is hit-or-miss as well. The dupe of Aromatics Elixir is spot-on, Jicky is very good, Aramis is pretty good, and Eau Sauvage is awful. The non-dupe oils were the same: musk was a good "white musk" like the Body Shop, but amber was not to my liking (too much patchouli).

The samples from saveonscents.com come in 1/3-ounce roll-ons, which is nice.

Post Thanks / Like

There are a few MUA members that blend their own oils: cherryblossomdiva has her own website, not just ebay, cjj has her CJscents website and fenestra sells on esty. Sweetcakes.com sells some, but they may need to be diluted for direct use on skin since they are intended to be mixed into soap, lotion, shower gel, candles, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Hayward Enterprises get my vote.

http://haywardenterprises.com/

I've ordered many oils from their site and they're very good quality. I live in the UK and orders generally take less than 14 days to arrive.

Their Creed interpretations are incredibly close to the real things.