Code of Conduct

Thread: pimp my frag!

Default pimp my frag!

I wondered if any of you had an idea how a mass market frag like say coolwater or D&G ph could be made into something special by say layering it with another frag?

coolwater in particular i like but don't wear because of the mass marketness of it so i wondered how i could add an oil or maybe layer it with something to make it different from the other coolwaters but still fab in it's own right so i'd not resent it as a GIT knock off. Is it to do with accentuating some notes in the pyramid? any ideas here?

Default Re: pimp my frag!

I would say that layering only makes sense if one of the scents is really simple. For example putting Concentree d'Orange Verte onto something else to add orange, or Gucci ph to add frankincense . Everything else should result in a cacophonic mess.

I don't really care for Dunhill Desire by itself, as it's too sweet. But I've found that when it's layered with a darker, muskier (and/or woodier) scent, it can be quite appealing.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by zen
    I wondered if any of you had an idea how a mass market frag like say coolwater or D&G ph could be made into something special by say layering it with another frag?

coolwater in particular i like but don't wear because of the mass marketness of it so i wondered how i could add an oil or maybe layer it with something to make it different from the other coolwaters but still fab in it's own right so i'd not resent it as a GIT knock off. Is it to do with accentuating some notes in the pyramid? any ideas here?
    I agree with fakepurseninja that cool water is a busy scent and not great for layering. I like it too. I'm not sure where in the uk you are, but here in london i hardly ever smell it any more, its all aqua di gio, and other aquatic and quite a lot of vetivers too. So I say wear it anyway, if you like it.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

sometimes I wear vetiver extraordinaire as a base then spritz green irish tweed (which is, ahem, similar to cool water) in a few spots and creed original vetiver in a few spots.

the VE you can get a free sample of from the malle website

and. . . I am using 2 large sample vials of creed OV when I do this too.

but cool water/green irish tweed has to be used sparingly

anyway I really think this is a great combinaton not so much layered one on top of the other but VE in a lot of places and the other two accenting so your fragrance is like a camoflauge (sic) effect

my theory on layering is to do it this way and with related scents: different treatments of a similar idea rather than trying to create some new combination on your skin