Code of Conduct

Default Battle of the Sexes

I was mildly bored on my break today at TJ Maxx, so I decided to have a little fun. I went to our fragrance display to put back together all of the open boxes (they drive me nuts) from the customers who graciously open our packages, spray themselves, then leave (or buy the same fragrance, but in a sealed package!). I noticed Gucci PH was one of open boxes, so, umm, I sprayed myself on the back of the hand for, uh, "quality assurance purposes" (we don't want to sell bad juice, right? ). Man this stuff was manly, and could probably go head-to-head against any women's fragrance and win in terms of power. On the women's rack was an open box of Brittney Spears' Fantasy- for those who never smelt it, it is one of the sweetest fragrances I can think of. It's not bad per se, but it has a tendancy to be annoyingly sweet (I much prefer the original, which is surprisingly good). Figuring I was going to be in the back room all day, I decided "what the heck" and sprayed the back of my other wrist with it (each frag got one full spray).

It's battle time! On my right hand, Gucci PH, with its ultra-sharp pencil-shaving and burning wood notes, the epitome of unmitigating masculinity. On my left hand, Brittney Spears' Fantasy with its hyper-sweet "cupcake" accord and unmistakable femininity.

Round One- Both held under my nose less than a minute after spraying:
    Both fragrances are fighting hard for the crown, the Fantasy's unrelenting sweetness managing to stay atop of Gucci's sharpness, and taking quite an edge off. It still smells what I would consider strongly feminine, so this round goes to Fantasy (believe it or not, it does not at all smell atrocious, and could probably work as a women's scent).

Round Two- Asking my fragrance-loving female co-worker to smell both my hands simultaneously (about 30 minutes after application):
    She immediately picked up on it being something mixed with Fantasy (I knew she knew her fragrances, but this kinda surprised me). Actually thought the whole thing was kinda nice, but I guess since the Fantasy stood out, this round again goes to Fantasy.

Round Three- Three hours later:
    By now, the Fantasy has faded considerably, and the Gucci's sharp edge has receded. Heads up, the Gucci is more noticable, and the Fantasy only lends a subtle sweet softness to the mix. Gucci takes the third and final round.

The judges decision is unanimous: Fantasy edges out Gucci PH in the three-round knock-down, drag-out fight of pure strength. Even though Gucci came in at only EdT weight vs. Fantasy's EdP heavyweight load, he fought a good fight and though he maintained his strength throughout the three rounds, he couldn't stand up to Fantasy's onslaught of sweetness in the opening two.

(Of course, this was totally unscientific and in the name of fun, so don't go stressing over it!)

Default Re: Battle of the Sexes

I think that Pure Sugar is a sweeter female fragrance. You might want to try it with that one.

Try Pink Sugar and Bois du Portugal. I bet BdP wins...

I really like fantasy. I thought it would be a bust considering it is a Britney Spears frag but it remains my favorite of her bunch and high on the female ratings. It is no were near the complexity and greatness of Gucci pour Homme though. Even after your test I don't think that would happen if Gucci was a EDP.

Stuffman, aren't you afraid of waking up tomorrow with lots of little Gucctasys crawling on the bed?

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    Stuffman, aren't you afraid of waking up tomorrow with lots of little Gucctasys crawling on the bed?
    Well, as long as I'm not waking up alone (as usual...), I guess it wouldn't be too bad.

In a stroke of coincidence, I was at a bar tonight and the Miller Light girls came in, and one of them was wearing Fantasy. I asked if that was what she had on, and she was so surprised that I knew it. I didn't tell her about my little experiment earlier in the day. Let's put it this way, it smelled much better on her than it did on myself!

It's better than having to wake up next to Kevin Federline, I guess.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffman
    Well, as long as I'm not waking up alone (as usual...), I guess it wouldn't be too bad.

In a stroke of coincidence, I was at a bar tonight and the Miller Light girls came in, and one of them was wearing Fantasy. I asked if that was what she had on, and she was so surprised that I knew it. I didn't tell her about my little experiment earlier in the day. Let's put it this way, it smelled much better on her than it did on myself!
    That's great. I don't know first hand, but I am sure is amazed when you are able to pick out her perfume that she is wearing. It could really impress a girl.