Code of Conduct

Default SotD Wednesday 1 November

The storm woke me up early and it will become a gloomy rainy day.
    Time for something special and comforting: Soir d'Orient from Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier. Leather, amber, sandalwood.....heaven.

And I ask myself one question: MPG makes a LOT of fragrances. There is really not one I like enough to buy. And then they made this, sold it only on Middle-Eastern airports and after that they just discontinued it!! A friend of mine was fortunate enough to persuede MPG to search their vaults for that one last precious bottle and he presented me with a decant. A decant I use with utmost care. I wonder: did they by accident made just the only MPG scent I love, or am I loving it so much because it is out of reach forever when the decant is finished? A nice bone to gnaw on, Taolady
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 1 November

Dzongkha for me again.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

25 degrees celsius, cloudy.

My third day of wearing Jolie Madame. The scent seems to fade very quickly on my skin, even before lunchtime. The note of leather reveals, it is quick sexy and I have an image of catwoman in my head after wearing this scent.

Today, I wear Mysore Sandalwood.

Elixir des Merveilles

I am testing Tom Ford's Youth Dew Amber Nude today. If it's anything like
    EL's other scents it will last all day!

Nino Cerruti Pour Homme (1979)

bergamot, galbanum, green note, juniper berry, lemon, mint

carnation, cinnamon, fruit notes, jasmine, pine needle, thyme

amber, benzoin, cedarwood oil, fir, moss, musk, olibanum

"You have to paint things black in order to make future possibilities more vivid." Michel Foucault

Another day in the land of Habit Rouge!

(inspired by De Charlus's review)
    Last edited by knightowl; 1st November 2006 at 09:07 AM.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Temps are eventually dropping here. Time for testing Les Nez "Let me play the lion". Another woody spicy wonder! I love this one too....somebody stop me pleeease...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Bulgari Omnia, still thinking what to wear for the Spicy Saturday.

Have a good hump day!

Basenotes Plus

Guerlain Insolence

top notes: violet, raspberry pulp, mixed berries
    middle notes: violet, rose, orange blossom
    base notes: iris, tonka bean, resins
    Many thanks to Coconut :wave:for the sample spray.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Scarlett - Keiko Mecheri
    Wishlist is pointless.

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Trouble today.

Riannon, that Soir d'Orient is special indeed. I only have a small decant of it, but I'm almost afraid to wear it, for when it's gone, it's really gone.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

I'm wearing Youth Dew Amber Nude today. Hubby brought it home almost a month ago and I only tested it one night before going to bed... so today I'm letting it shine in all it's glory on me . (Every morning I stop for a coffee on my way up to the office: the girl this morning asked me if I was wearing Coco? -- I did not see any resemblance but I guess others may. Any thoughts on that?)

Top Notes: Fresh tea, Gentian flower, Grapefruit, Bare skin accord, Magnolia, Ginger
    Middle Notes: Black Rose, Red Carnation, Jasmine, Ylang-ylang, Spices
    Base Notes: Patchouli, Amber, Vetiver, Dark chocolate

DH is wearing Boss Soul.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Default snow and flowers

The winter's first snowfall in Aarhus, Denmark, today!
    I think I may be the only adult in the city to be absolutely enchanted by this. I was feeling so jolly, I decided to give Susanne Lang's "Lotus Blossom" (from my last LuckyScent tester batch) another go. I still find it pretty (I'm not one for florals, really, but this is quite lovely), but oddly, sweeter than it seemed previously. It smells the way I wish other people's sunscreen smelled.

Bois des Iles parfum

Blog Entries

I wanted to smell luxe but low-key today (which ruled out any amber) so wore:

Ava Luxe Film Noir
    Dangerous Beauty
    A gorgeous leather fragrance with sueded notes that is sure to kindle your darkest desires.

Notes:
    Black Leather, Suede, Hemlock Spruce, Ambergris, Mousse de Chine, Morrocan Rose, Black Amber, Green Grass, Civet, Olibanum, Bergamot, Coumarin, Tobacco, Tonka Bean.

+

Spiritual Sky Ambergris
    Bright, soft, powdery animalic note

It was perfect.

Last edited by moondeva; 1st November 2006 at 05:53 PM.
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

A drugstore goodie called CIARA 80%. Reminds me alot of LOULOU, only it's very easy on the wallet

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon
    The storm woke me up early and it will become a gloomy rainy day.
    Time for something special and comforting: Soir d'Orient from Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier. Leather, amber, sandalwood.....heaven.

...And I ask myself one question: MPG makes a LOT of fragrances. I wonder: did they by accident made just the only MPG scent I love, or am I loving it so much because it is out of reach forever when the decant is finished? A nice bone to gnaw on, Taolady
    (I think she gets up extra early just to do this to us!) (And speaking for myself - I ALWAYS want what is just out of reach.)

Well I was GONNA take my new decant of Miller Harris Figue Amere for a walk on the beach but got sidelined by a sample of Guerlain's Aqua Allegorica Mentafolia which led me a trip down AA lane but without finding out anything about this particular AA frag. Minty and citrusy right out of the bottle - feels more intellectual and wild garden than beach - but we'll see.

Will appreciate any insights.

Happy mid-week!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961
    Guerlain Insolence

top notes: violet, raspberry pulp, mixed berries
    middle notes: violet, rose, orange blossom
    base notes: iris, tonka bean, resins
    Many thanks to Coconut :wave:for the sample spray.
    Dear, you are most welcomed

Red face Re: SotD Wednesday 1 November

Clear and sunny here in northern NJ. Feeling romantic....
    wearing Bellodgia, nice and soft...mmmm....
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Pomegranate Noir--the first spicy scent that ever turned me on. to musse!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Another day with Prada.

I like the ending of this frag today, too. Not just vanilla, woodsy, too. Pitty it isn´t a spicy one, thinking of "the spicy day"...

Testing Gucci EdP and Rykiel Woman for "the spicy day" now in the evening...

Have a nice evening, all!
    Last edited by Margareta; 1st November 2006 at 05:22 PM.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

This evening, I wear my new Cuir de Russie, Chanel. Mmmmm, delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Margareta
    Testing Gucci EdP and Rykiel Woman for "the spicy day" now in the evening...
    Thanks for the idea... I love and have both of those and I never know what to test for the chosen day so one of those may do the trick unless I go with Boucheron's Initial... I love Initial!
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

I am testing Loulou by Cacheral. I got three super cute mini Cacheral bottles on Ebay (Loulou, Anais Anais, and Eden), and had to have them, unsniffed. I loooove the Eden bottle. I don't know what I think of Loulou as a scent. When I was walking to working I was getting lovely, soft, powdery, flowers wafting up to me. Then it died down, but was still very pretty, wearing close to the skin. Then it woke up again, and it smelled like slightly nauseating plastic. Oddly, I still kind of liked it, though. I reapplied once and it's back to flowers, but really unusual soft sultry flowers. I think...
    I have the bottle on my desk, and it makes me happy just to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by pellen
    I am testing Loulou by Cacheral. I got three super cute mini Cacheral bottles on Ebay (Loulou, Anais Anais, and Eden), and had to have them, unsniffed. I loooove the Eden bottle. I don't know what I think of Loulou as a scent. When I was walking to working I was getting lovely, soft, powdery, flowers wafting up to me. Then it died down, but was still very pretty, wearing close to the skin. Then it woke up again, and it smelled like slightly nauseating plastic. Oddly, I still kind of liked it, though. I reapplied once and it's back to flowers, but really unusual soft sultry flowers. I think...
    I have the bottle on my desk, and it makes me happy just to look at it.
    I like that plastic note too!! It almost reminds of the smell of brand new Barbies at Christmas. For me LouLou is the smell of jellybeans & Barbie.

Paloma Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424
    I like that plastic note too!! It almost reminds of the smell of brand new Barbies at Christmas. For me LouLou is the smell of jellybeans & Barbie.
    New Barbies at Christmas! I am flooded with memories....LOVE that smell!

Christian Dior
    Eau Sauvage

...On this unseasonably warm day in Massachusetts

Making friends with Lulu Guinness today. It's kinda nice, though it's taken me a while to warm up to her.

Guerlain AA Herba Fresca...of all things on this grey, misty, freezing day! Heh,heh, I stole the spritzes from Micah, who stayed over Halloween. It smelled sooooo good, kinda 'hot'. You know, he layers it with Jaipur Homme. What's up with that?

Chopard's Wish
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

Narcisse Noir. I wanted to wear it on Halloween, but it didn't go with my Rainbow Brite outfit.

Coco Mademoiselle edp again.

Purple Label and 2 compliments....
    Gary