Code of Conduct

Default Daily use scent for this season and some other fragrances?

So I'm new to wearing scents and I'm pretty lost with the amount of colognes available. I'm 18, Male, a college student in Texas. I've been doing a little reading and tried on a few fragrances at Sephora. John Varvatos was the only one I liked, but it didn't last very long. My skin WAS dry, though..

It's pretty chilly in the mornings here, but gets very warm in the afternoon, which is why I'm afraid of getting a strong winter scent. I'm looking for some scents that I could wear daily in the winter, even if it gets warm later in the day. I also want to get something to wear at small apartment parties/dates, and something to wear when it isn't cold at all.

What fragrances would you all recommend I try out?

Default Re: Daily use scent for this season and some other fragrances?

Hey,
    Welcome to basenotes, if you stick around long enough you will learn so much. I am 19 and a college student so I see where you are coming from.

For the scents that you want to wear in the cold mornings and warm afternoons. I suggest Obsession by Calvin Klein or Chanel Allure. As for parties I suggest Magnetism for Men by Escada. I don't really have a scent for dates or summer scents. Review those frags and let us know what you think.

Default Re: Daily use scent for this season and some other fragrances?

I would second Magnetism by Escada. I have a friend who wears it and I really like it a lot. I would suggest it for dates and social situations in the colder weather. It would work for your parties/dates category. Some more I would suggest for that same category are: Bvlargi Black by Bvlgari, Dior Homme by Christian Dior, and Geir by Geir Ness. The Geir is a little more on the summery side but has a powdery smell to it that makes it somewhat sweet.

The everyday scents might be harder. Those are usually more common and less unique/special. Some I might suggest for the warmer days are: Live Jazz by YSL, Chrome by Louis Azzaro, M7 Fresh by YSL. Those are some good fragrances that I enjoy wearing on the warm days. I hope you will like them too.

Good luck on your hunt and WELCOME!