Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: SotD Thursday 2 November

Hi Irena, welcome aboard! This is what I love of Basenotes: many fellow perfume lovers from a variety of countries
    I'm wearing Maria Amalia today!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Thumbs up Re: SotD Thursday 2 November

Welcome to Irena :wave: - as the Lady in Black says, a variety of cultures is the spice (wood note? chypre? amber?) of our lives. You'll find wonderful fellowshipping here - I know I have in the short time I've been hanging around.:bounce:!

It's still in the mid70' here at the beach in South Carolina so I drenched myself in Figue Amere, with several re-apps since. I just love this frag and may indulge in a bottle. When it's been on for a couple of hours it smells just like the incense my Russian Orthodox ikon instructor burned whilst I was being instructed in that Byzantine "ego-less" art. Recorded Gregorian chants and an urn of fragrant tea, sunlight slanting through stained glass windows in the refectory all were part of the scene - so the scent is really evocative for me. Really figgy, there's some green, a hint of brine frankincense? - and I think even vanilla in there somewhere.

Like I said - am thinking it's bottleworthy.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Sounds lovely and makes me think of another adjective "spongeworthy" (if you remember Elaine)...
    Thanks to all of you for a warm welcome!

This morning it was Tommy Girl.

This afternoon I sampled Sonoma Scent Studio's Sandalwood-Vanilla fragrance.

This evening all I want is a warm bath and my Suave cucumber-aloe lotion. I'm tired.

Romance Silver
    Gary

Basenotes Institution

Had a real cr.ppy day at work, whatever could go wrong did! I was wearing Fendi Fendi, was mad as a hatter and grouchy all day long. Grrrr! Need me some One Man Show, I wear it when I am in this type of mood. Fendi was not bad either.

Oh, this became a Gucci EdP I-day! I also wore that frag today!

This one is really spicy, I can really smell the Thyme! Yet it i fresh! It ended not pure vanilla, instead a gentle fresh vanilla, and I welcome thar much right now!

For the evening I puted on Cristobal. This is supposed to be an oriental-spicey, at least that is what osMoz says. I can´t feel any spices in it at all, and I don´t find any spices when I read the notes. Anybody who knows why this frag is classified this way? It is a real wonderful frag, anyhow! One of my top fives!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.