Code of Conduct

Default Jean Pascal Pour Homme

Really, really like this scent. (Lightninrod sent me a sample in a recent swap, but I hadn't even opened it until this morning, right around the time that I downed my first espresso of the A.M. -- perfect timing.)

I'd heard all the fuss about JPpH on Basenotes, and was anxious to try it. To be honest, I had expected something TOTALLY different. (I was expecting something more like CdG's avant-garde Harissa, and instead I got THIS warm, wonderful brew! Perfect for sweater weather! Along with Carven Pour Homme, this one will definitely go down among my favorite "finds" in 2006!)

The precocious love-child of Elizabeth Taylor's Passion for Men and Aramis by Devin -- seriously. It's a downright delicious (and thoroughly unexpected!) hybrid, granted, but that's exactly what I'm getting. The best of both scents, but with neither's shortcomings.

Puts me very much in mind of the OLD Burberry for Men (long, long discontinued). Still, I'm getting mostly Devin with a touch of Passion here. There's a JHL-ish hint of sweetness/spiciness not obvious in either Devin or Passion, true, but it's very subtle.

I really don't get the "spicy, South American" feel that others get here -- I think that that claim may be largely due to the power of suggestion, as this stuff IS from Bogotá.

I plan to order a bottle from this site -- http://www.suravionline.com/pascal.htm -- simply because a) it's run by a Basenotes member, and b) it'll be less expensive than buying Passion AND Devin to layer. (I'm telling you -- that's the combo that I'm smelling here, and that's not meant in a bad way -- no, it works wonderfully!) Cool bottle, too!

Is Jean Pascal Pour Homme my Holy Grail? No, probably not -- that position will likely remain jointly held by Havana Reserva and Léonard Pour Homme, with Bois de Portugal way up there. But JPpH sure has made its way into my Top Ten really fast!
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 2nd November 2006 at 01:15 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Jean Pascal Pour Homme

I bought a bottle of this last week. Nice leather casing. I like the tangy, spicy slightly salty smell of this. Bottle worthy it is.
    -

Hi Matt.
    I agree it's a great scent, but may I suggest you take a few days to fully try it before ordering?
    I ordered mine too fast, only to find out it was giving me headaches.

Just my $0.02!

François
    Ce message provient du Québec!

Will do, Francois -- I'm prone to migraines with certain scents.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the price of this would be pretty good if it were merely a decent scent. For something top notch it's a steal. I'll have to mortgage on of my Creeds or something
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.