Code of Conduct

Thread: Himalaya/XS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Himalaya/XS

I got my bottle of Creed Himalaya today, and did a side by side comparison to Paco Rabbane XS.

My they are similar. They have far more in common than they have different.

I have a hard time fathoming why XS is one of the cheapest scents around. If Himalaya is that good (as I think it is) why does XS take such a drubbing in the discount stakes?
    Renato

Default Re: Himalaya/XS

Himalaya doesn't really smell like XS to me anymore. On paper, they're almost the same, yeah, but after owning both for a few months, they're completely distinguishable, whether in a wrist comparison or separate from each other.

They're very similar, but I can tell them apart on skin. Given that, I prefer XS.

Post Thanks / Like

Well you can add Herrera for men to that list..its virtually identical to XS...just got this one in my mail and i am shocked to find its so so similar to XS...

gupts
    Last edited by gupts; 3rd November 2006 at 04:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When I first smelled Antidote by Viktor & Rolf I thought it smelled very familiar. A couple days later I dabbed on some Himalaya from a sample & it reminded me of the Antidote. I put a couple drops from my Antidote sample on the back of my hand & did a comparison w/ the Himalaya. I think these two smell pretty similar, as well. Does anyone else get this? Of course Antidote doesn't have the "Creed house note" which is pretty prevalent in Himalaya.

I haven't smelled XS, but if it's like a "poor man's" (or woman's, ahem) Himalaya, I may need to sniff this one out.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gupts
    Well you can add Herrera for men to that list..its virtually identical to XS...just got this one in my mail and i am shocked to find its so so similar to XS...

gupts
    They're certainly the same style scent, but Herrera has that odd discordant note for me sets it instantly apart from XS.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

So I guess your bottle's going back ...
    -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    When I first smelled Antidote by Viktor & Rolf I thought it smelled very familiar. A couple days later I dabbed on some Himalaya from a sample & it reminded me of the Antidote. I put a couple drops from my Antidote sample on the back of my hand & did a comparison w/ the Himalaya. I think these two smell pretty similar, as well. Does anyone else get this? Of course Antidote doesn't have the "Creed house note" which is pretty prevalent in Himalaya.

I haven't smelled XS, but if it's like a "poor man's" (or woman's, ahem) Himalaya, I may need to sniff this one out.
    I was wearing XS six months ago as I ordered lunch at a restaurant. The absolutely gorgeous blond woman who took my order seemed smitten by what I was wearing.

I sure didn't feel poor.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    I was wearing XS six months ago as I ordered lunch at a restaurant. The absolutely gorgeous blond woman who took my order seemed smitten by what I was wearing.

I sure didn't feel poor.
    Renato
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm just going by what I've heard. I mean, I've heard Kenneth Cole Reaction referred as a "poor man's Creed MI." Reaction is one of my absolute favorites. I don't mean the whole "poor man's" statement as a reflection on the frag at all.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

These two really are similar but I find that they are most different in the dry down. Not sure how to describe it though - might just be my nose.

However, I prefer XS because it is a true quality scent and also because the price tag on it is 1/8 that of Himalaya's. (I purchased my XS tester for less than 20$)

Post Thanks / Like

Even though I don't own Himalaya, I do own XS. I purchased it about a month ago, and all I know is that it's a kick-butt fragrance. Don't know why it's given the lable "poor man's Himalaya" when XS came out first.
    K-six is gone, but Saint-Six is his holy rebirth.

I love Himalaya and see similarities between it and D&G By Man.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like creed, but I just don't get himalaya. I re-tested it yesterday in honour of this round of himalaya threads, but still no joy. To me it is very average. Still, each to their own.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    I love Himalaya and see similarities between it and D&G By Man.
    My first reaction was No. But I sprayed some on each hand and can sort of see where you're coming from, though By seems spicier to me.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Six
    Even though I don't own Himalaya, I do own XS. I purchased it about a month ago, and all I know is that it's a kick-butt fragrance. Don't know why it's given the lable "poor man's Himalaya" when XS came out first.
    Perhaps it should be rephrased as
    "Himalaya - the wealthier man's XS"

Makes sense grammatically too.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Himalaya's a nice, refreshing scent but the only thing is I can't get it to last one me. It smells awesome for like an hour and then disapears. Does XS last longer? If it does I will definitely be needing a decant of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcomet
    Himalaya's a nice, refreshing scent but the only thing is I can't get it to last one me. It smells awesome for like an hour and then disapears. Does XS last longer? If it does I will definitely be needing a decant of that.
    XS lasts hours on me. I don't know about the Himalaya/XS comparison, but XS by itself is a wonderful woody/floral type of perfume that isn't cloying no matter how much you apply, and even so, just a bit will be enough to last long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redcomet
    I get good lasting power out of XS.
    Renato

I got my bottle of Creed Himalaya today, and did a side by side comparison to Paco Rabbane XS.

My they are similar. They have far more in common than they have different.

I have a hard time fathoming why XS is one of the cheapest scents around. If Himalaya is that good (as I think it is) why does XS take such a drubbing in the discount stakes?
    Renato
    Try the new Creed Himalaya soap, which I have. And then the Creed Himalaya fragrance after. It's an incredible experience. And the soap is quite large, so it lasts a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy_Nose
    Try the new Creed Himalaya soap, which I have. And then the Creed Himalaya fragrance after. It's an incredible experience. And the soap is quite large, so it lasts a long time.
    Thanks, sounds interesting. But it's unlikely I'll see the soap at a reasonable price on the internet from a place with low delivery costs, and I won't pay the high local prices.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, sounds interesting. But it's unlikely I'll see the soap at a reasonable price on the internet from a place with low delivery costs, and I won't pay the high local prices.
    Renato
    I would love to get these body products at a discounted price - heres hoping
    -