Code of Conduct

Default TGIF! SotD Friday 3 November

Peppery but milky Poivre Piquant for me, we have snow and -4 C here...

Have a Fab Friday, everyone!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: TGIF! SotD Friday 3 November

Good morning! Cold and icy here too, just a thin layer of snow.
    Still playing with my samples, CdG Rhubarb today

22 degrees celsius here, sunny.

I was wearing Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens. (Special thanks to tdem1961 for sharing it ) It smells wonderfully delicious especially with the honey and orange blossoms interwoven together. It is probably one that I will buy after I finish my Fleurs De Citronnier.

After lunch, I tried on some Ralph Hot It is extremely syrupy, and reminds me of candy factory. I am not sure if I would buy this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut
    22 degrees celsius here, sunny.
    Hmm, somehow this it not fair! 10 degrees celcius, light rain!

I'm in a masculine mood today, I suppose. Longing for some good old leather scent. And not too refined please. So, a couple of generous sprays of L.T. Piver's Cuir de Russie. Piver claims this to be an "impossibly elegant smell of leather, peppered with the tangy notes of mandarin and bergamot orange" (they have a way with words, eh?) Also "wooden and spicy notes before these in turn give way to the aroma of honey". Does sound good, smells also good. But where on earth did they hide their 'mandarin and bergamot orange'?
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

summer by kenzo
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

Songes EdT. I am making myself wear this. It does not like to be worn by me, and one of these times I will try the eau de parfum and hope for an escape from a flattened baby shampoo accord I get with the eau de toilette concentration.

I paid full retail for this, therefore I MUST FINISH THE BOTTLE. I feel guilty, as though I'd bought a wine I persuaded myself to purchase based on a review in Gourmet. Or that pair of platform Indian moccasins (beige) that are sitting in my closet.

Eau du Sud - Annick Goutal
    Wishlist is pointless.

I'm wearing Craftstore today. There's no rain overhere, but it's gloomy and 11 degrees Celsius is all we have today.

Hi,
    I'm wearing Nuits de Noho today, my new favorite.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut

...I was wearing Fleurs d'Oranger by Serge Lutens. (Special thanks to tdem1961 for sharing it ) It smells wonderfully delicious especially with the honey and orange blossoms interwoven together. It is probably one that I will buy after I finish my Fleurs De Citronnier...
    My pleasure, Coconut, hope you are enjoying it! Thanks to you, today I am sampling

L'Artisan Parfumeur Verte Violette
    Notes: violet leaves, violet, iris

This is a beautiful violet, sweet but not too, tender and green.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

Began this bright but chilly day with:

Caron Tabac Blond

I am now enjoying the cheerful blending of :

Dana Tabu + Yardley Orange Blossom

Later I plan to play with samples...
    Favourite (Winter) Crazy Combos

Tabu + Orange Blossom * Hermes Rouge + Bellodgia* Voleur du Roses+ Rose Ispahan * Rasa Extreme + Paris * Wood Coffee + Cafe Noir *

36 degrees F (is it about +4C?) here, warming up in Dolce & Gabbana by Stefano & Domenico red cap. Have a nice weekend!

Sweet & fruity Just Cavalli over here.
    Couldn't go sleep last night because my feet felt frozen under a blanket + duvet (??), woke up a bit cranky and wanted something fruity after coming from the shower. We also had a couple of snowflakes this morning.

Red face Re: TGIF! SotD Friday 3 November

I was in a hurry this morning, grabbed a sample and sprayed some, before leaving the house. Now, back home again, I can`t figure out what I`m wearing!
    Scary!

I'm wearing Opium today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Hello and welcome to Irena

I'm wearing Desire by Dunhill

Top notes: Bergamot, Magnolia, Rosewood
    Middle notes: Freesia, Tiaré Flower, Liquorice
    Base notes: Amber, Vanilla, Musk

DH is wearing Guccy Envy today
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

My eldest son asked me to change the SotD, because he didn't like the original one. :-)

So, a big hurray for the postman, who brought new samples. Now I'm wearing Daim Blond, and it is even better than I expected/hoped for!

Today is a Chanel n19 day Perfect match with my current mood.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by musse
    I was in a hurry this morning, grabbed a sample and sprayed some, before leaving the house. Now, back home again, I can`t figure out what I`m wearing!
    Scary!
    Whoa. Vertigo.

Applied Sung's Sha and Guerlain's With Love to see if they will like to play together.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Cool Re: TGIF! SotD Friday 3 November

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley
    Songes EdT. I am making myself wear this. It does not like to be worn by me...I paid full retail for this, therefore I MUST FINISH THE BOTTLE. I feel guilty, as though I'd bought a wine I persuaded myself to purchase based on a review in Gourmet. Or that pair of platform Indian moccasins (beige) that are sitting in my closet.
    LOVE this quote! :bounce:Can SEE that bottle of Songes, sitting there - sulking - REFUSING to be likable.

As for the platform moccasins...you just GOTTA make an occasion! Just to honor the whacked-out vision of the shoe designer!! I mean...

Back to the subject. Will test run TWolf's sample of Trussardi Jeans. (many thanks again dear heart!) Soi disant "Top notes: Green notes, violet, hedione (?); middle notes Jasmine, white lily, concrete tuberose (?) base notes white musc, heliotrope, liatrix.(?)

Un-jeansy, n'est c'est pas? (Never been a jeans fan. Denim is hot in the summer and cold in the winter and I don't understand WHY our cowboys lived in them. All that was available I guess.)

Out of the starting gate - right away the musk, roses and violets and a hint of lily and a little bit of green. A trifle medicinal but very interesting. Will take it down to the beach (windy and only 57 F today) and see what it has to say.

Have a good one all y'all!! :wave:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Sampling Paloma Picaso Mon Parfum Good stuff!! Thank you, AK!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry
    Applied Sung's Sha and Guerlain's With Love to see if they will like to play together.
    So what's the verdict on the two of them together? Do the like each other?

I can tell you who DOES NOT LIKE TO PLAY TOGETHER! Oh dear goodness; yesterday morning when I had Cashmere Mist one one hand and Black Cashmere on the other... I thought I'd be 'smart' and spray over Black Cashmere some Iris Noir... OH DEAR GOD! I cannot even tell you all how NASTY that turned out... like this very hot, very fecal smell arising from my wrist... and yet something very carnally nasty about it too. I was petrified I would not be able to wash it off... so in the shower I spent extra-long concentrating on my right wrist, (still have redness to prove my insane attempt to scratch my skin off). Never again!!!!!! Never again I tell you! LOL
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

O Goddess_Dreams, that sounds horrible. But the idea of you, scrubbing madly, did turn a smile on my face, lol.

I'm revisiting Oscar today.

Notes from Osmoz:

Oscar de la Renta
    Oscar
    Date of creation
    Oriental-floral

Top note: Peach, Galbanum, Gardenia, Bergamot

Middle note: Rose, Honey, Orris, Cyclamen

Base note: Cedar, Sandal, Moss, Benzoin

I could swear there is some orange blossom in there somewhere. Maybe not. :/

Edited to add: This is making me sneeze! I can't believe I used to wear this! Ack!
    Last edited by sherrie11; 3rd November 2006 at 04:48 PM.

Oh, Goddess_Dreams, here is another scrubber for today!

This morgning I puted on Aromatics Elixir by Clinique. It became way too strong, so I scrubbed it of as well as I could. Not all of it dissapeared... I was in a hurry, too... The result was not nice. But I layerd it with J del Pozo In Black, and that came out really lovely for a cold november-day.

This evening I put on Gucci EdP I, hoping to detect the thyme even more.
    Last edited by Margareta; 3rd November 2006 at 06:39 PM.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Black Cashmere today. Kind of running it against Let Me Play the Lion, which I wore yesterday and which reminded me of BC. I finding it less similar now that I have BC on and not just it's memory. I love this scent, but I have to say LMPtL impressed me more and more as the day went on. Have a great weekend tout le monde!

Sometimes you hit the jackpot with sample packets and sometimes you don't. I ordered a group of heavier fragrances for which I was waiting for winter to try out, and have been fairly disappointed. Maybe it's just a bad chemistry day (or two) :-(
    I got tired of it all, took a shower, serendipitously put on Boucheron, which I usually ignore, and it was just what I needed - feminine, floriental, classic. I need to buy a bigger bottle than the mini I have.

Basenotes Plus

Nuit de Noel for me today. I substituted for a kindergarten teacher today & didn't want to overpower the children with fragrance.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Hey, Nuit de Noel is what I sprayed on for evening.

For day it was Pleasures Intense. It's weird how I'm reaching for this lately after months of not wearing it and thinking that I made a mistake buying it.

Opium EdT to work (still craving the EdP)

and all evening for a warm lamp lit family gathering wore Aimez Moi (thanks to TGL) for the first time....LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT (would that be Aimez-La?)
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

A cold but sunny day. Wearing Doll Face by Ava Luxe with heliotrope, violet, vanilla, and two types of musk. Great for a winter cold day.

Krysia

Polo Black
    Gary