Code of Conduct

Thread: Hawaiian Scents

Default Hawaiian Scents

How funny it was to see a Hawaiian fragrance mentioned on the female site this morning when I dreamed of a time long ago. I lived on the beach and would walk across the pier every day. They had a little shop that just sold Hawaiian perfumes. At the time I didn't have any money, but oh! how I loved to stop in and smell the frags. So Hawaiian frags. have come to mind. I know the French top the market, but why only wear french perfumes, not that there is anything wrong with them at all. And by the way, Where are all the french people? Not in France to my knowledge. Anyway, does anyone love Hawaiian Fragrances? I don't even remember any of the names, just the intoxicating scents.

Default Re: Hawaiian Scents

Any form of pikake is nice when blended with other scents, but this native jasmine can be (and usually is) overpoweringly sweet by itself.

Believe it or not (and laugh all you want, but here goes) Avon's old Hawaiian White Ginger isn't half bad, although far, far from authentic "Hawaiian."

Guy Laroche's positively delectable Fidgi will FOREVER remain one of my top five faves among women's scents. Very tropical, very lush, downright decadent.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I remember Avon's White Ginger. I loved it. Where is it now though. I will get a sniff of Fidgi and I love Jasmine. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Sud Comptior Pacifique has some tropical inspired fragrances. Check them out.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Post Thanks / Like

I was stationed in Hawaii when I was in the Navy. I used to sit in the International Market place in Wakiki and smell the coconut scented suntan oil wafting up from the beach there. Just drinkin Mai Tai's and watchin all the Wahine's in thier bikini's. My favorite scent from the Islands was Plumeria and wild Ginger. Guava, Mango and Lychee as well. Hawaii No Ka Oi.

Rick
    For sale post

[url]http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169[/url]

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Sounds simple wonderful and I will check out that site. I just love tropical. I usually am not an Avon fan, but they had Hawaiian White Ginger and I found it on Ebay, but it's probably so old that it is not the same. I don't know. Thank you