Code of Conduct

Default "A" Should Have Been What "B" is Now.

Yves St. Laurent's Body Kouros is what Jean Paul Gaultier's Le Mâle SHOULD have been.

Rochas' Rochas Pour Homme is what Joop's Joop! SHOULD have been.

Jean Pascal's Jean Pascal Pour Homme is what Aramis' Devin SHOULD have been.

Bvlgari's Black is what L'artisan Parfumeur's Dzing! SHOULD have been.
    (This one will cause a lot of stir -- I know that much already. I like Dzing! myself once in a while, but, hey, too much black rubber is, well, simply too much black rubber.)

Aramis' JHL is what Karl Lagerfeld's KL Homme SHOULD have been.
    (Kick me if you must, but the latter has way too much rosewood, IMHO. Same family as JHL, though -- kissing cousin, in fact. JHL's just far superior.)

Creed's Silver Mountain Water is what Calvin Klein's CKOne SHOULD have been.

Creed's Vétiver Bayrhum is what Frederic Malle's Vétiver Extraordinaire SHOULD have been, and Malle's Vétiver Extraordinaire is what Creed's Original Vetiver SHOULD have been, and Creed's Original Vetiver is what L'Occitane's Vétyver SHOULD have been, and L'Occitane's Vétyver is what Guerlain's Vétiver SHOULD have been, and Guerlain's Vétiver is what Lanvin's Vétiver SHOULD have been, and Lanvin's Vétiver is what Carven's Vétiver SHOULD have been.

Trumper's Bay Rum is what Old Spice SHOULD have been.
    (I can hear some of you screaming right now!)

Dior's Eau Sauvage Extrême is what Dior's Eau Sauvage SHOULD have been.

Cartier's Santos is what Halston's Z-14 SHOULD have been.

Carven's Carven Pour Homme is what Gucci's Envy SHOULD have been.

Azzaro's Visit is what Diesel's Diesel Green for Men SHOULD have been.

Diesel fuel is what Thierry Mugler's A*men SHOULD have been.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 3rd November 2006 at 07:50 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Default Re: "A" Should Have Been What "B" is Now.

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy

Bvlgari's Black is what L'artisan Parfumeur's Dzing! SHOULD have been.
    (This one will cause a lot of stir -- I know that much already. I like Dzing! myself once in a while, but, hey, too much black rubber is, well, simply too much black rubber.)

Creed's Vétiver Bayrhum is what Frederic Malle's Vétiver Extraordinaire SHOULD have been,
    Its the other way around for me for the first one - Dzing! is smoother and more complex than Black.

I am curious to know more about Creeds Bayrhum Vetiver - where did you get it from? Has it been discontinued?
    -

[quote=tvlampboy]
    Dior's Eau Sauvage Extrême is what Dior's Eau Sauvage SHOULD have been.

/quote]

"Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Ineke's Derring do is what Creed's GIT should have been. Or at least what I'd hoped it would be.
    m

Blog Entries

Polo Double Black is what Polo Black SHOULD have been.

That one's too easy, I know
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

zztopp:

In regard to Creed's Bayrhum Vetiver: had a very old bottle that I nursed for years and years. Think (but am not sure) that it's discontinued now, but that you can still get it on special order and/or from time to time from Creed itself. Not for sure. I AM for sure of two things, though: a) avoid this like the plague if you don't like strong bay rum scents (LOTS of bay here, almost to the point of bayberry), and b) be prepared for a stiff price if you do find it. Last time I heard, a bottle was something like $250.00 or $300.00. I just got lucky and was given an old, partially full bottle. InCREDible stuff! Sadly, it's like A*men or Joop! or Dzing! in that you either love this stuff or despise it -- there seems to be no middle ground on it.

In regard to Dzing! vs. Bvlgari Black: I agree that Dzing! is more complex -- no doubts there, in fact. I just find that Black is far more wearable for most occasions, and the initial blast is far, far less "rubber plant gets hit with nuclear device-ish." I LOVE Dzing! but find that (like Iquitos for many others) it's almost unwearable sometimes. I DO love it, but, again though, Black is just more comfy for me most of the time.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 4th November 2006 at 12:06 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I can't say I see any connection between Rochas Homme/Joop, SMW/CKOne and Visit/Diesel Green, though I can see the connection between the others you list which I know.
    Renato

So, I'm going to make the "A*Men should have been what B*Men is now" punchline in just a second.
    oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy
    Aramis' JHL is what Karl Lagerfeld's KL Homme SHOULD have been.
    (Kick me if you must, but the latter has way too much rosewood, IMHO. Same family as JHL, though -- kissing cousin, in fact. JHL's just far superior.)
    I tend to disagree. I love KL. They are both incredible fragrances, but for me, KL edges it.