Code of Conduct

Default Review of Idole de Lubin

Just recieved my sample of this from first in fragrance. Idole opens up with Rum and saffron,there is also bitter orage peel and black cumin. The orange note evades me,the black cumin is only just noticeable at the start of the mid notes very subdued nicely done. Woody aromas start the mid notes, burnt ebony with a hint of sweetness form the sugercane.Basenotes of leather and red sandlewood finish of this fine dark oriental fragrance perfectly.And the bottle looks amazing.
    Check out the website: http://www.parfum-lubin.fr/

Default Re: Review of Idole de Lubin

Yep, it's a 'keeper....very spicy .

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

Glad you like it! I was one of the 1st people in the UK to get a bottle just after it was launched.

Good to see that you are local, Womble. I was in Bradford yesterday for a meeting.

[quote=Prince Barry]Glad you like it! I was one of the 1st people in the UK to get a bottle just after it was launched.

Hi prince barry where did you buy idole from? their website doesn`t list any uk sellers.

Just sent you a PM Womble.

Idole de Lublin similar to M7 YSL.

Smile Re: Review of Idole de Lubin

Great scent but dissapears quickly on me. I have to reaply often to pull this one off. Padpardascha reminds me of Idole as well and lasts just as long on me. Meaning breafly.

Rick
    For sale post

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Great review womble. I really enjoyed the sample that Lubin sent me, and hope to get a bottle of this some time.

My own (very short) review of Idole is on the Basenotes Idole page http://www.basenotes.net/ID26125169.html.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Basenotes Plus

remy- I do not see the connection between this and M7. Can you explain what you smell that is comparable?

I wore Idole last week, from a sample. I like it, though I wish it was just a little richer in the base. It does last quite long on me, though without any sillage, a pleasant high-pitched sweetness wafts up regularly for hours. This one is never on ebay, unfortunately.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by stuigi
    remy- I do not see the connection between this and M7. Can you explain what you smell that is comparable?
    There is something "deep" and "dark" in both, maybe warm notes from woods...

Idole may be my HG -- will know after i get a full bottle (still nursing a sample)
    baald

Buy my extra scents - mainly niche - over 50 items (tiny bottles)