Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Your favourite and least favourite fragrance caps

Everyone's been going on about bottle designs, recently, but what about actual cap designs? Do you have a favourite one or is there one that you absolutely hate?

For me, my favourite caps include the ones for Rochas Lui and Body Kouros (solid and attractively designed, and doesn't scratch the spray nozzle when removed / placed back on).

My least favourite is the cap for Envy - big, uninspired and a waste of plastic. However, the worst cap I've come across, so far, is the one for Egoiste - very cheap looking and seems to love scratching the spray nozzle at every available opportunity.

So, what's yours?

Default Re: Your favourite and least favourite fragrance caps

Guerlain Vetiver
    M7
    Antaeus

It's either a detail of the bottle design*, or the cap is stored at a different place, like in the box. I doubt I remember how some bottles looked with their caps on. Despite that, bottles matter a lot. I dream of owning just all of Malle, or Lutens (Creed, Chanel etc.): same size bottle, unified look! That would make tidy shelves, and be an aesthetic joy!

*: M7 !
    Last edited by narcus; 5th November 2006 at 11:10 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

MPG's are cheap and fragile .

L'Artisan's new bottles have a grand cap !

HM by Hanoe Mori has a fine cap too.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

I don't own the scent but I've always loved the magnetic cap on 212 Men.

Otherwise, I like the old L'Artisan bottle caps and the very nice Creed caps. Regarding individual scent caps, I'll second Trebor that the Rochas Lui cap is a perfect design. I also go for the tinny and light slip caps on the CdG flat pebble bottles; they're simple, light, and cap-function only.

I dislike the MPG caps, as they're more walking stick hand knobs than flask caps even, and I don't like the Patricia de Nicolaï caps on the old style blue bottles for men--each is different for the different scents, and I like that idea, but realized, they fail. One looks like an mini electrical wire cap and another is a dull ball.

I also go for caps that retain the direct lines of the bottle. The old Equipage, for example, that's a square column. Pour un Homme had one like it in the 80s or so, and Antaeus had that too.

How about the new see-saw like caps on L'Instant PH? Using my edt this week the cap sure struck me as a weird one, but it works. It reminds me of how I always like the more extravagant Guerlain bottles--think the original Derby bottle. Funky and beautiful! Fits right in with the smokey brown/green plastic furniture and lamps of the early 70s.

Course it's always the juice inside that matters most to me.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I like 212 men's cap and dislike Envy's.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Favourite : Alain Delon Iquitos. It has a beautiful take on my favourite color; emerald green.

Not favourite : Escada Pour Homme. Gold coloured plastic does not work that well at all.

The most notable fragrance cap on any bottle in my collection must be that of Idole de Lubin! This satisfyingly heavy, tight-fitting cap is evocative of an African mask, replete with beadwork, and mates up with its bottle wonderfully. Honorable mention to the caps from Salvador Dali PH (lips), Coriolan, Terre d'Hermes, Basala, and Dreamer.

There are many caps that fall down either functionally or aesthetically, but I'll point out the caps on Guerlain mens' scents in general, along with Patricia de Nicolai. I guess you have to save pennies somewhere.

Jeff

Fav: Nicole Miller for Men. The one-piece cap fits the sprayer well (comes off and goes on with just the right amount of resistance) and is an extension of the simple, yet elegant and unique bottle design. It's not just a cap, it becomes part of the bottle when attached.

Least Fav: Envy. Bulky, boring, blah.
    Last edited by MadScientist; 5th November 2006 at 03:52 AM.

My favorite fragrance cap is on the new fragrance from the Rock Group Kiss. There are actually 4 different caps, one for each band member. It is just really cool, especially for us Kiss fans.

By far the worst cap I've seen on a fragrance is on the Roots for Him fragrance. While the fragrance itself is not bad, it is basically a close relative of Kenneth Cole Black (same fragrance designer done at about the same time) the bottle in general and the cap in particular are a major step below anything I've seen in a fragrance. The design itself, while unimaginative, is not bad; rather what is bad is the execution. The workmanship looks like something out of the Communist Block countries back in the 70's. I've seen classier caps on cans of spray paint. I got my bottle off of Ebay and the bottle was so bad that I was convinced that I was sent a fake. So on my last trip to Canada I made a special trip to a Roots store, same poorly made bottle. I was just amazed that Roots would put its name on such a poorly made bottle. The fragrance itself is not bad, certainly much better then the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by oolong
    My favorite fragrance cap is on the new fragrance from the Rock Group Kiss. There are actually 4 different caps, one for each band member. It is just really cool, especially for us Kiss fans. ...
    No way! What an evil genius Gene Simmons is. So if you're one of those die-hard KISS fans who collects all the dolls (oops...'action figures'), books, and other KISS gadgets, you'll be compelled to buy 4 bottles of this stuff in order to get all the facepaint patterns. I assume the Her's version will also have all 4 patterns too so there's 4 more bottles to buy.

Well, I'm not one of those fanatics that collects everything. I have many of their CDs but no KISS paraphernalia and I'm not a KISS ARMY member. I am however, a fragrance fanatic. So, frag fan + KISS fan = must have at least one Him and one Her.

Sorry for the off-topic remark, now back to our regularly scheduled program....
    Last edited by MadScientist; 4th November 2006 at 08:36 PM.

I hate the lid on the Extrême version of L'instant Pour Homme -- it literally fell apart into three pieces when I merely pulled the lid off the bottle!

Égoïste's lid IS cheap looking, true, and yes, Gucci's Envy for Men has one of the crappiest, most cumbersome lids I've ever seen.

As much as I love my Léonard Pour Homme, I have to admit that the cheap-looking (and easily chipped up) gold-colored plastic lids on the larger bottles really sucked. (Too bad, too, as the intaglio embossed bottles were/are so very cool.)

I bitched about Calvin for Men this morning in regard to its atomizer, but now I have to bitch about the lid -- cheap and tacky. (As far as I'm concerned, it's all about the juice when it comes to Calvin for Men -- nothing more and nothing less.)

My FAVORITE lids (to name a few): Burberry's Touch (mod rosewood!), Body Kouros (very streamlined, no nonsense), and JHL (love that copper finish!).
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 4th November 2006 at 09:56 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

L'Anarchiste by Caron. The cap on mine won't stay on for love or money....
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

my faves are Dunhill 2003 and Dior Homme for their solidity. Gaultier2's thin sheath of a cap bothers me.

YSL L'HOMME, M7, LIVE JAZZ, DIOR HOMME, VICE VERSA i use it to decorate my shelves, GUCCI ENVY i use as a pen case ..love it sleek look on my office.

I'll think later about the least fav.

cool thread..

2 more caps i like, 212 Men and Gucci PH.

Dislike: Fahrenheit, Caron PuH

The Yang I just got today has a interesting "cap".

Blog Entries

The cap to my bottle of Tomorrow by Avon is awful. It take a quite a bit of force to get the damn thing off. So instead of snapping the cap on each time I use the bottle, I just rest it on the nozzle.

I also like caps/sprayers that are part of the bottle design like Lolita Lempicka au masculin & Bvlgari Black.

I also really like Mugler Cologne's splash attachment.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Off-Scenter

Like:

Creed caps - simple, unpretentious and very ergonomic.

Hate:

MPG - the scents are so marvelous, why do the caps have to be SO tacky?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    MPG's are cheap and fragile .

L'Artisan's new bottles have a grand cap !

HM by Hanoe Mori has a fine cap too.

Dan
    I'm with you, Dan and Vibert! MPG's caps, when they're not falling apart, look almost clownish (and I've had literally every piece, from the top of the gold part to the red plastic "jewel" come off).

Others I like: Keiko Mecheri (they're sort of round, sort of rectangular... very classy!) Gucci PH, M7, and Dior Homme.
    Is there any point in saying everything? -Basho

Favourite - Trophee Lancome of course!

Least favourite - Very Sexy by Victoria's Secret - great scent, but ridiculously large cap, it's totally unnecessary.

from my small collection...

like: gucci PH ... the bottle and cap ..

dislike: YSL PH .. the cap...well..there is no cap...
    wolf

I agree with Trebor, there's something appealingly solid about the caps for Rochas Lui and Body Kouros.

On the "clever" side, I like the caps for CK's Contradiction, and the rotating nozzle-guard (not exactly a cap) for Terre d'Hermes.

Least favorite, maybe Yang's, which is clever again, but my first impulse is always to flip it up (which would break it) rather than swinging it to the side.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Favourites:

Creed caps.
    Bond no. 9 caps.
    Burberry Touch. Dark wooden cap..unlike most other fragrances with plastic and metal caps.
    Burberry Weekend
    Gucci PH
    Armani Mania
    Armani Code

Least Favourite:
    Egoiste. Cheap looking plastic cap
    Ck One, CK be. Cheapest looking caps I've ever seen

I like the Vera Wang cap. I bought a bottle off ebay, but didn't realize that it was a tester. I was so angry because I wanted the cap.

If there is anybody here with a vera wang cap that they are willing to part with, I'll be glad to take it off your hands.
    To Whom Much Is Given...Much Is Required

Fave: Amouage Arcus, solid, heavy duty, high class

Least fave: I like Creed, but the caps are a little cheesy to me considering the price.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

I like the simple round screw on cap on the Serge Lutens bottles, and like the fact that the bottle comes with a sprayer option. The small round cap is unassuming like a little river rock or pebble sliced in half.

I also like the look of the crystal caps on the bottles of Jalaine perfumes. I have only seen photos, but they look rather mystic.

I like the shiny wet looking square and chunky black cap on my bottle of NR for Her. Looks like wet ink and the shape is nice and solid.

I have had limited exposure and experience with caps, I admit.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Fave: Amouage Arcus, solid, heavy duty, high class

Least fave: I like Creed, but the caps are a little cheesy to me considering the price.

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

Angry Re: Your favourite and least favourite fragrance caps

Favorite caps:
    Gucci PH - nice and heavy, could be used as a weapon if needed
    Dior Homme - LOVE the bottle/cap combo.. Would have been even more impressive were it actually made of glass.
    Dunhill Desire - cool flip-open cap that stays true to the "flask" themed bottle
    212 Men - I enjoy playing with the cap more than wearing the fragrance

Least favorites:
    Gucci Envy - considering the interesting bottle/cap design of Gucci Rush & Gucci PH, they really seemed to skimp on this one.
    Michael Kors - Plain plastic just won't do - lets go with the faux black marble plastic!
    Bvlgari Black - Turn right for "on" - Turn left for "off" now turn either direction for "broken"

Favorites:
    dior homme: clear cap with engraved "CD", amazing design overall...especially the metal pipe
    Mat; Very Male: makes that pop sound and it has a flat side to match with the architectural design

Least Favorite:
    Betsey Johnson: no comment
    Gaultier2: thin metal could dent easily...
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

I like all the Guerlain caps+bottles for Vetiver, Mitsouko, L'Heure Blue. They are very elegant.
    The GpH bottle is tight too.

The envy bottle IS cheap looking. Also, I hate the zippo openers. I like zippos. I like cologne. I dont like them together.

My all time least favorite fragrance cap, for practical and not asthetic reasons:

Armani Mania Pour Homme!

Every time I bought Mania, the cap would always mess up and take part of the sprayer off! UGH!!! I love Mania but I hate that cap.

I really like Burberry Brit's cap, Burberry Touch's, I like Envy's cap, YSL Body Kouros (It just has weight to it, and stays on well), and I like L'Artisan's (They stay on VERY well.).

I really dislike Green Frich Tweed's cap, Profvmvm's caps, L'Instant de Guerlain's, Rocabar's, and John Varvatos' (It stays on fine, but it's totally unispired.)

- Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

Love the new L'Artisan caps. Heavy little bastards. The newer bottle design is a nice improvement over all. Also love the cap for Terre d'Hermes. Nearly ripped it off the first time I tried to open it though. Honerable mentions go to dior Homme and M7.

Least favorite... gonna have to go with envy as well. Not really for the size, but for the fact that it scratched way too easily.

These are the ones I like:

Rochas Lui
    Body Kouros
    Basala (the color and shape is just great)
    Salvatore Ferragamo
    Gucci PH
    Antaeus
    Guerlain Vetiver and Coriolan
    L'Eau D'Issey (when my friends saw it for the first time could not believe it was a cap, and altogether people adore the bottle)
    Jako and Lagerfeld Man
    CDG 2 and Co.
    Burberry Touch
    Live Jazz
    Kenzo Jungle (Zebra)

love Salvador Dali's Lips cap

L'Instant by Guerlain - the cap is Bakelite - you have to be my age to remember Bakelite
    I think it was the first plastic people were exposed to but it didn't feel plastic. It felt like Bakelite.

and Lubin's Indole bottle was designed by Serge Lutens
    Last edited by fredricktoo; 16th February 2007 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boal
    These are the ones I like:

Rochas Lui
    Body Kouros
    Basala (the color and shape is just great)
    Salvatore Ferragamo
    Gucci PH
    Antaeus
    Guerlain Vetiver and Coriolan
    L'Eau D'Issey (when my friends saw it for the first time could not believe it was a cap, and altogether people adore the bottle)
    Jako and Lagerfeld Man
    CDG 2 and Co.
    Burberry Touch
    Live Jazz
    Kenzo Jungle (Zebra)
    I agree with Basala - the cap's pretty cool and gentle on the spray attachment. It's just a pity that the juice became more vile the more I wore it.

Since this old thread has been brought back and since I've gotten some new frags since my original post, I have some new entries.

BAD: Ignition...fragile, cheap plastic that has broken on two bottles but it's a very good(sweet/vanilla) inexpensive frag.

Excellent design: Malle's...I have just one, Musc Ravageur and its cap has a groove formed inside it where the neoprene(?) O-ring that is pressed onto the bottle fits, sealing the juice, keeping it from evaporating and keeps the cap snug.

Good design: SL's caps, simple, elegant and does its job.

Confusing but Good design: Bulgari's Black

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

My fave is Le Labo, not very creative looking, till you feel the weight.
    least fave, Bond no9, great looking, however, half way through the bottle, the cap allways break.

Gucci Pour Homme has a great cap. Great bottle and fantastic fragrance.
    --------------------------------------
    Polo Green has a pretty nice cap too. Kinda like a doorknob. Kinda.
    --------------------------------------
    Eau Sauvage: I like the "snap" sound when fastening the cap. Sounds quality.

Cacharel pour L'Homme has the worst cap. Absolutely wack. It must be used solely for shipping. I just threw the first few away. Its a clear plastic cover that makes the Canoe cap look high quality.
    Last edited by Nicolas V; 19th February 2007 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Anyone else see the previous post by PigeonMurderer and think "He's back!" only to look at the date of the post and say "Wait a minute... Something's not right here!"
    - Rich
    As always, disregard most of what I say. It's not worth your heart health to actually worry about what a 23 year old guy from Kansas thinks. Even if he is really ridiculously good looking.

I have two more to add:

Cristobal - kinda old stylish golden cap with BB on top

Tumulte - very modern I would say

Both are easy to hold, stylish, match the bottles. And the bottles are great as well.

A Favorite Cap of mine is Pi's or its lack there of...

Least favorite is on Lagerfeld's Photo feels cheap and fragile.

My favorite caps include:

Dior Homme,it's like modern art.

Giorgio Beverely Hills for Men,with its bulbous,regal silver cap.

Gucci Pour Homme,from the top of the cap to the bottom of the bottle is beautiful in every way...Solid,formidable and asthetically perfect...One look and you know there's something special inside.
    Last edited by MY_2_Scents; 19th February 2007 at 08:29 PM.

Least favourite: Patou PH, specially after a couple of drinks, however on the plus side, it's like a free child lock (My son is two and is starting to develop an interest in my frags...)

Favourite, as in easy to use, the Armani's Lui however I don't like the frag....
    Current Favourites: Touaregh -Il Profumo/ Le Vainqueur- Rue Rance/ Versus Uomo -Versace/ Sculpture -Nikos/ Acier Aluminium - Creed/ Santal Noble - MPG

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    Excellent design: Malle's...I have just one, Musc Ravageur and its cap has a groove formed inside it where the neoprene(?) O-ring that is pressed onto the bottle fits, sealing the juice, keeping it from evaporating and keeps the cap snug.
    I quite like the FM caps, apart from the fact that they're a bit stiff to remove and put back on. I remember struggling to put one of these back onto a tester bottle, while at Les Senteurs, and suddenly heard this loud snap! I was slightly worried for a brief moment...

Also, the cap for Iceberg Twice is of okayish quality but I do love the way it clips onto the bottle.

It's sort of a metaphor for life itself that the quality of the cap frequently has nothing to do with the quality of the fragrance it's responsible for. I like caps or cap-bottle duos which spur the imagination or somehow give you something special. The cap of Screw, by Clandestine, a big silvery hexangular screw-head (to go with the bottle which is a big glass screw), is hefty and feels good in the hand; and the whole ensemble looks so good sitting there "upside-down" (cap at the base) that you almost don't care that the scent isn't anything special. I see that Screw is still not in the BN Directory. The cap or at least spray-head of Physical Men is pretty simple--a very truncated shiny chrome cone with the sides at a very shallow angle, nearly a cylinder--but with the "body" bottle it conjures up either a frat party where a guy from the wrestling team stripped down and put a trash can over his head--what? you haven't been to parties like that?--or maybe a knight who disrobed but forgot to take off his helmet. Again, the quality of the fragrance isn't high; but let good humor rule the day--such things make for convivial conversation with those who manage to penetrate the sanctum of one's fragrance wardrobe. Moving on to quality fragrances: Orlane's Casaque Homme--also not yet in the BN Directory!--has a cap which is simply a small square clear plastic plate; yet somehow with the elegant black bottle the ensemble is very pleasing (and the scent is rich and beautiful, too). Anucci Man, with its smaller frosted glass golf ball cap on top of its larger frosted glass golf ball bottle, well, the cap just plain feels good as you pull it off to get at the scent. Meantime, the cheap plastic caps such as those on Quorum and Égoïste are pretty uninspiring for being matched with fragrances that are anything but.
    "She allowed subsequently to Cottard that she found me remarkably enthusiastic; he replied that I was too emotional, that I needed sedatives, and that I ought to take up knitting." --Proust, *Cities of the Plain*

My favourite cap: Bleu de Chanel (don't know about the look but how cool is a magnetic cap?!

Least favorite: none I can think of right now

Favorite: the classic, simple ones- most Chanel, Knize, Creed, Guerlain etc.

Favorite: Aedes De Venustas EDP

The MPG caps are an atrocity. I was testing them out at a shop once and the caps kept breaking apart (they're actually two pieces, a top and bottom) and the shopowner looked so embarrassed by it.

Nice caps include Creeds, Dior Homme Caps, I like La Nuit caps, Midnight in Paris....
    worst one by far is Mehaares ...is it paper...is it plastic...wtf is it?

Least favourite - (hate to admit it) Tauer
    The rubber rings are wooden stops are annoying in the fact that I have one bottle of Incense Rose that takes a HARD push and HARD pull to get it off and on, whereas my Lonestar is quite loose.
    I still worry I'm going to throw the bottle by accident when I take the lid of them. Have to be very careful D:
    I also don't like Parfumerie Generale's, thing black metal lid of nothingness.
    Shame becuase they're probably my two fav brands.

Basenotes Junkie

Favorite:
    Bvlgari Black - elegent, substantial metal and rubber beast with a solid magnetic click. Perfect.

Least favorite:
    Animale Animale - cheap thin plastic with huge, ugly lettering

The Lutens caps (not the screw-on dome) can become kinda wiggly even when snapped down onto the bottle/sprayer. They seem tight fitting at first but after 20 or 30 times taking the cap off it seems to loosen up noticeably. Not the biggest deal, but always seemed strange.

I like Nautica's heavy glass bottles and caps. Oceans' cap is a replica of a cleat on a sailboat...

Banned
    Blog Entries

212 Men probably has the best cap that i've ever seen.

But actually, the best sprayer is 1 Million, because you can spray it without taking off a cap and it doesn't accidentally spray if you were to put it in a bag. best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreddie View Post
    Least favourite - (hate to admit it) Tauer

I also don't like Parfumerie Generale's, thing black metal lid of nothingness.
    Shame becuase they're probably my two fav brands.
    +1 on both, along with MPG.

I also don't care for Costume National Scent/Scent Intense/21 "caps" (if they can even be called that). Terrible.

My favorite tend to be simple:

Frederic Malle (old matte style, I don't like the new shiny caps)
    Chanel Exclusifs and Bleu de Chanel (love magnetic caps)
    Dior Homme series
    Gucci pour Homme
    Byredo (yes, more magnetics)

Favorites: Burberry Touch, Encre Noire, most Bvlgari's and Tommy Bahama's, Vera Wang, Black Soul Imperial, Black Soul, Casran, Quasar, Quasar Adventure, Salvador Dali pH, Dalimax Black, Chrome, A&F: Proof, Amouage Gold, Hanae Mori: H.M., Hilfiger Man Sport, Realities, Tumulte, Romeo Gigli, Idole de Lubin, Hilfiger Loud.

Least favorites: Kenzo: A Time for Peace Lui, Diavolo, Escada pH, Escada Sunset Heat, Samba's, the list goes on and on.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 27th August 2012 at 04:16 AM.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Favourite - the magnetic caps to which others have made mention are great, I have Leather Oud, Ikon and Sycomore with them, but I really love the simple quality of Lalique's Encre Noire cap. Sits firmly but not too firmly, has some heft and a nice texture. The bottle itself is a little unwieldly, but the cap is top notch.

Least favourite - Narciso Rodriguez for Him (and For Him Musc). They stick and are tough to get back on until they click.