Code of Conduct

Thread: Niche houses

Default Niche houses

Stuff everyone raves about on Basenotes like Creed, Serge Lutens and Frederic Malle is impossible to find in Australia, as the department stores where I live only carry mainstream stuff like Guerlain and Armani. But I just found out that I get to go to Texas over Christmas which means I finally have a chance to test some of these niche perfumes. Yay! Can y'all help me figure out what I want to try?

I need fragrances that last all day, since the hot climate here makes them wear off quickly. They need to be suitable for young women (I'm 22), although unisex scents are fine. And I particularly like notes of vanilla, clove, nutmeg, and floral scents, though I want to try anything new and exciting!

Lastly, I don't have a lot of money, are any of these scents affordable or are they all super expensive? I guess I could order online after I try it if it's cheaper that way. Okay, I just checked Strawberrynet.com and they're expensive online too. At least I can try them out...

Default Re: Niche houses

I live in California so I don't know if Texas has Marshall's, TJMax, Ross's or stores like that, but the prices are as good as on line, but you need to go to the department stores to see what they smell like. Sometimes the department stores have sales, but if money is an issue, (which it is for a lot of us) at the very least you should be able to see what many of them smell like. Then there's always decant's which can be found for sale at the bottom. Many times you can email the companies and give them your address and they will gladly send you a free sample.
    I haven't been on this site long, but if there is one thing I have learned personally. Smell the fragrance before you spend a fortune on it.

You should try Just Me by Paris Hilton. It's very light almost citrus floral, it has a HINT of vanilla which I love. This is a awesome fragrance and seems perfect for your age.

It's only $49 for the 3.4 ounze in Macys/Nordstrom/Sephora. But you can find it for around $20-$35.

At Target there selling this set, 3.4 oz of Just Me and the 6.7 oz body lotion for only $29.99.

Also try Paris Hilton (original), this one is very fruity/girly, just overall smells awesome. At Target there selling this set of the 3.4 oz bottle, 1 oz bottle(for purse), 3 oz shower gell, 3 oz lotion. It's also $29.99. At Macys they sell the same thing but replace the showergel with pure parfum(3.4 oz bottle, 1oz bottle, 3oz lotion, .25oz pure pafum) for $49.

Personally I love both but I have to say Just Me is better, also she has a new one called "Heiress" that just came out, I haven't smelt it yet.

Ah no we definitely have Paris Hilton here! I assume it'd be distributed by a major company. It's the small (independent?) houses that are hard to find here. But I'll make sure to try Just Me anyway, thank you!