Code of Conduct

Default B*Men Longevity/sillage?

How does this compare to A*Men? Also, what is it similar to? And is it suitable for a college 19 year old?

Thrax

Default Re: B*Men Longevity/sillage?

Dosent have to much in common with A*men. I'd rate the longevity a 4 star and the sillage a 3 star. Not similar to anything I have tried, and I'd imagine it is suitable for a 19 year old.

Well coming from the view of a 19 year old college student and just haveing worn it yesterday, I highly recommend this fragrance. I gained to complements yesterday from two of my girl friends, so it does work wonders on the females and not to mention fully completmenting myself for wearing it because I too fully enjoyed it.

B*men is a great fragrance which is subtely sweet, yet earthy and slightly fruity. Great fragrance and in my opinon it sometimes smells what Diet A*men would smell like.... O yea and it lasted a great 8+ hours
    BUy

Thanks guys. Just what I imagined. Very helpful. I'm considering this, M7(fresh?), Platinum Egoiste, and D&GPH. Hm.. and I told myself I'd stop at L'Eau D'Issey.

My lady friends said it smelled like:

a) death
    b) grandma
    c) a deo stick from the 70's

But I wear it anyway.
    24, San Francisco, California USA

B*Men is the best of Mugler. Woodier, spicier, its a more mature scent than A*Men. Quite a different fragrance than the gourmand A*Men.

It lasts as long as A*Men, but with not as much sillage.
    -

Imagine A*Men without the Chocolate notes and you're there. Sillage/longevity is average.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

As with YSL's M7, the "cloy factor" is high, but only early on. (The rhubarb notes are sickeningly sweet when you first apply the stuff, so be forewarned.) Wonderfully warm, woody, spicy drydown once it's been on awhile. Very good longevity, with a decent sillage that starts to wear down after about four hours (on me, at least).

Good stuff -- WORLDS more wearable than its evil, tar-coated sibling (i.e., A*men). This is definitely a cold winter frag, though -- not something for patio and pool climes.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I can not stand B*Men.

I prefer B*men over A*men (Though, I do like the drydown of A*men but since it has a half life of one millenium, I'm too lazy and impatient to wait for it to reach that point) B*men is not as sweet, it's easier to wear, and it's a lot more mature. The rhubarb note is also very unique!! A real swift punch in the face...in a good way. I love how it dries down with a very nice outdoorsy feel to it. I'm reminded of a summer garden and tall grasses for some reason.

I think it has pretty good sillage and longevity. If A*men is 10/10 for sillage and longevity, B*men is 8/10 - which is still pretty damn good. I like the fact that it is a little subtler because it's not as in-your-face.