Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Default What to do with empty bottles?

I feel a little silly asking this question, but is there any point in keeping empty perfume bottles? When I finish my L'eau de Cartier...it'll be hard to throw out such a beautiful bottle!

Default Re: What to do with empty bottles?

They make nice keepsakes. I keep the important ones. Besides... how often do you finish a bottle. I doubt they'll be piling up in your draw or closet shelves. It is hard to let go of these things...

Keep the cap, throw out the bottle, and if planning to replenish your supply of the fragrance in question, buy the tester (which usually come without caps) and save money !
    -

Very good ideas. I think I'll only keep the really nice ones and throw away the rest, but keep all the caps. Are stores really willing to sell testers? I never thought of that-what a great idea to save money! This passion of mine just gets soooo expensive! All my friends think I'm crazy to have so many bottles of perfume, which is nothing compare to what some members have here! Thanks so much for your posts )

I like the smell of Angel and Alien on others, but it doesn't work for me personally, however, if I have empty bottles that look like that, there is no way I'd throw them out and I am not a keeper type person. Some perfume bottles are as pretty as any nic nac or even prettier.

All my bottles are ugly and plain, ie: rochas man, paris hilton man, acqua di gio, dolce&gabbana.

Unless they are singed by the Perfumer like my Creed's Feuillle Verte, I just throw them out. I have a bottle of Geir signed by Geir Ness himself too! I plan on keeping that one as well.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Post Re: What to do with empty bottles?

If you like a bottle for its design or even for a sentimental reason then keep it. I cannot stand decorative 'homeware' ornaments as such but ironically I do appreciate the design of some perfume bottles. I have kept my JPG Classique eau de parfum and Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant bottles because I like their design. I also have an empty bottle of Roma, my wedding fragrance, which I have kept for it's sentimental value. The bottle still smells wonderful and brings back happy memories.