Code of Conduct

Default Let Me Be Your Teddy Bear... cuddly scents?

Now that it's chilly and dark (at least here up grim North) I notice the seasonal cravings for cosy & cuddly scents, often with powdery, gourmand and amber notes.

Poivre Piquant which I wore for the weekend is quite cuddly because of its milkiness despite its pepperiness.

I wore Bois Farine yesterday and am wearing it today, very comforting with its powdery, nutty notes.

My other cuddlies are
    CdG Burnt Sugar, L'Artisan Safran Troublant - soothing like a bowl of hot milk with spices and/or honey
    Etro Heliotrope, KM Loukhoum, PotL Luctor et Emergo - sweet, powdery and almondy
    Ex Voto Ambre Profond, L'Artisan Ambre Extrême, MPG Ambre Précieux - gently powdery and rich amber scents
    L'Artisan Jour de Fête - milky, almondy and yummy
    Les Néréides Impérial Opoponax - warm, gentle and enveloping

Which are your "teddy bear scents"?
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: Let Me Be Your Teddy Bear... cuddly scents?

What a great thread!
    I like to snuggle up to:-
    Angel The Lily
    Mandorlo di Sicilia (Blu Mediterrano)
    Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum
    Cocoon (Yves Rocher)

Great choices, tigrushka! I share your love for Heliotrope (my Sunday night scent), POTL (my SotD!) and Ambre Précieux as cuddly scents. Let me add a few of my faves:
    Hermessence Ambre Narguilé - a cinnamony amber glory
    Ginestet Botrytis - my honey queen
    Il Profumo Ambre d'Or - a rich and deep golden amber that is not too powdery
    SL Un Bois Vanille - the sexiest vanilla scent I know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Well, Keiko Mecheri - Loukhoum for me as well and MPG - Ambre Préciéux too. And my newest fragrance, Ava Luxe - Café Noir for sure! I also cuddle with Lorenzo Villoresi - Musk for some reason. L'Artisan - Dzing! is one of my cuddly ones as well. Oh and Shiseido - Feminité du Bois. Lovely thread Tigs and some great suggestions so far. I think I'm gonna write down the ones I haven't tried and remember to sample them soon.

Red face Re: Let Me Be Your Teddy Bear... cuddly scents?

I have barely heard of any of these, let alone sniffed them. Oh dear. So many, so little time, so much laundry to do... YIKES!

But my novice nose tells me AIMEZ MOI all the way, baby. I want to snuggle with myself when I wear it. Also approved by the kids, my Lover and co workers...
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum, for sure!
    Also my vanillas from La Maison de la Vanille, (esp. Vanille Sauvage de Madagascar), Gaultier2, L`Artisan Mure et Musc Extreme, Bois de Violette by Lutens, Angélique Encens by Creed.
    A scent I never wear at daytime, but use as my teddy bear for night, is Pure Purple (Boss); that bitter and sweet, sweet marzipan note is just yummy!

Smile Re: Let Me Be Your Teddy Bear... cuddly scents?

My confort scent in winter time is L'Occitane Neroli EDP. Soothing, calming and long lasting.

Thanks for reminding me of LV Musk and YR Néonatura Parfum Cocon! They should be on my list, too.

So should my all-time favourite "all is well in the universe" scent - L'Heure Bleue and Angel, a BIG winter favourite!

Might also add these scents with lovely powdery "whispering irises" note to wrap up into: Heure Exquise, Hiris and Shalimar

What a fun thought! Am saving up these notes for when it gets colder here - mid 70s F still so I'm still swimming in summery florals with sea notes and trans-seasonals (you can never go wrong with L' Heure Bleu, n'est c'est pas?) and so forth.:bounce: May not hit really cold weather 'til we go up North to the NC mountains for a look-see.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Sandalwood smells warm and cozy, rising softly from the skin. I have Etro Sandalo, which smells like desert heat. Some people find the myrrh off-putting, but I love it. It is like a hot breeze wafting through the window unexpectedly on a cold day.
    (Omnia used to be my favorite, but my new bottle is bad. The black pepper top notes have permeated the entire fragrance. It smells sour--no longer like pfferneuse cookies.)

Tigs I just love the idea for this thread... and such perfect timing too with the cold front moving in with the speed of lightning!

I've decided at the beginning of the month to make November my yummy comfort scent month... so this list of "my Teddy Bear scents will help me expand on my initial decision."

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess_Dreams
    Creamy----Yummy----Delicious!!!! Just what I needed... Oh and I've decided to make November my yummy month with lots of vanilla... caramel... coconut... strawberries... and all other kinds of yummy notes... I've already worn Desire & Addict, even Omnia with it's warmth and yummy tea and chocolate notes .
    So for this month I will be wearing scents like My Queen (wearing it today), Pink Sugar (wore it yesterday - unbelievable lasting power!), Shalimar, Dior Addict, Magnetism, Mauboussin, L by Lolita Lempicka, Gloria, Gaultier², Présence d'Une Femme, Hypnotic Poison, Wish, and yes Aimez-Moi for me too .
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 7th November 2006 at 08:57 PM.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

My latest find, Alfred Sung's Sha makes me want to curl up inside my own shell--so soft and feminine with its sweet lilac and powdery musk.

Jo Malone's Black Vetyver Cafe is warm and comforting, mellow, low-pitched--owed to is natural earthiness and hint of coffee.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

If I may 'sneak' in here; Narziß and Fou d'Absinthe are two cuddly frags for me .

Stay warm and dry ladies .

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

• Monk by Mike Storer
    • Addict - Dior
    • Butterfly - Hanae Mori
    • Tabu - Dana
    • Poeme - Lancome
    • Shalimar parfum - Guerlain
    • Jicky- Guerlain (mr.tinker actually called me snuggly when he smelled it)
    • Farnesiana - Caron
    • Rahat Loukoum - Sege Lutens
    • Agent Provocateur
    • Dolce & Gabbana Red Cap
    • Gucci edp (soft woody scent)
    • Burberry Brit
    • Aubusson - Histoire d'Amour
    • Rochas Absolu edp
    • Apres L'Ondee - Guerlain
    • Jour de Fete - L'Artisan
    • Vanille Cannelle - CSP
    • Midnight Rain - La Prairie
    • Parfum Sacre - Caron

Bois Farine definitely. Who cares what the weathers like outside when Mum's baking pastries and you've got a box of freshly sharpened pencil crayons awaiting your creative genius? Such an 'everything good about childhood' frag, for me. Also my SotD.

Almost all mine have already been mentioned, so I suspect there is something universally (or at least "basenotes-universally") cuddly about them:

Jour de Fête, Loukhoum, Feminité du Bois and L' Heure Bleu. I'd cuddle up Dzing! on the sofa every evening if I had a bottle. I'll add Flower by Kenzo

How could I forget my beloved DZING!, the first L'Artisan I fell for?!

I'm wearing it today and it's so lovely, wearing it feels like being cuddled up with purring cats...

Red face Re: Let Me Be Your Teddy Bear... cuddly scents?

Mmm, cuddlies. Lolita Lempicka is very yummy to me, so is Samsara (which on me is basically vanilla with a little spice), so is FdB, Flower le Parfum, and if I'm melancholy, L'Heure Bleue. I'm giving L by Lolita Lempicka another chance, the drydown is quite cuddly, I just don't do well with caramel....

You're right Elf, Samsara is cozy... To me it is the epitome of warmth & snuggly, even though it's so elegant. In fact, my sister and I have made a deal to wait and wear it on the first actual real snow day.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

I also love Samsara with every cell in my body. I just felt like saying that because I have read lately that it has gotten a lot of bad knocks. On me it smell like the most sensual, and mild Sandalwood and Vanilla with just a hint of Jasmine.

Agree about Samsara, very cosy. Lovely casual Oriental, quite contradictory in terms but there you go! I usually wear it with my most worn-out red tracksuit at home.

Amber, sandalwood, and vanilla-based scents, simply put.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]