Code of Conduct

Default DKNY Men = Chic by Carolina Herrera???

I met my friend today, who is obviously not a cologne buff. I smelled DKNY Men from him and I own the bottle. I then said:

"You smell DKNY!"
    "No, not DKNY," he said.

I thought to myself, "If not then what on earth is it?

"It's Carolina Herrera, a black, square bottle," he continued.
    "Is it CHIC?" I asked and spelled it for him as he seemed he didn't know its name.
    "Not sure. I didn't care about its name," he said and we changed the subject.

I own both scents and I was 100% sure that it was DKNY Men. Could it be that his skin chemistry changed CHIC to smell like DKNY? If he lied, what was that for? I really wonder how couldn't it be DKNY. What do you think? Are there any similarities? I'm sniffing both of them now and they are totally different. DKNY isn't sweet but very fresh, while CHIC is woody and fruity.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: DKNY Men = Chic by Carolina Herrera???

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk
    I met my friend today, who is obviously not a cologne buff. I smelled DKNY Men from him and I own the bottle. I then said:

"You smell DKNY!"
    "No, not DKNY," he said.

I thought to myself, "If not then what on earth is it?

"It's Carolina Herrera, a black, square bottle," he continued.
    "Is it CHIC?" I asked and spelled it for him as he seemed he didn't know its name.
    "Not sure. I didn't care about its name," he said and we changed the subject.

I own both scents and I was 100% sure that it was DKNY Men. Could it be that his skin chemistry changed CHIC to smell like DKNY? If he lied, what was that for? I really wonder how couldn't it be DKNY. What do you think? Are there any similarities? I'm sniffing both of them now and they are totally different. DKNY isn't sweet but very fresh, while CHIC is woody and fruity.
    Yes indeed, DKNY is so citrusy and it is very refreshing. Chic for men is just another vain fruity scent. I think i remember having smelt watermelon in it. Definitely no similarities between the two. DKNY is so distinctly recognisable. Chic will always have an identity crisis.

gupts

Default Re: DKNY Men = Chic by Carolina Herrera???

Thanks. I tried it on both arms and yes, no similarities at all. My friend must felt bad that I knew what he was wearing, lol.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto