Code of Conduct

Thread: Sex Appeal

Default Sex Appeal

Could you name some fragrances that attract people?

Default Re: Sex Appeal

lol are you serious?

Pheromones attract people
    -

Oy, vey! This old chestnut. Again. This is totally subjective, depending on wearer and smeller. Check previous threads on this topic. For now, smell these:

Creed - Green Irish Tweed
    Allure Homme - Chanel
    Angel Men - by T and M
    Geir by Geir
    Kouros by YSL

Every(or at least most of every) fragrance attracts someone.
    Pheromones are what do the trick.
    The question your psyche is asking is: what are fragrances that are known for being popular and attractive?

And from there, the responses are as usual.

Basenotes Plus

People attract people!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by thisbekevinn
    Now Ive been pondering this question for a long time....

fragrances....that attract people....

After long consideration I had to define the attributes of the person to be attracted. Would it be a hungry person? hungry for what? Chocolate? Money? Sex? Prime Rib? Someone of the same sex? Someone of the opposite sex? Attention from you? (if this last question can be answered in the affirmative, cologne of any kind will not be needed for this particular task) And exactly what kind of attraction are we talking about here? The kind that has the person hovering around you and bugging you? The kind where they go beyond hover and actually bump into you, like they have just lost their way? Or the kind where they just stare? Or is it more subtle attraction? Depending on how subtle, may require high powers of observation from you.

You see, all these things are important considerations when phrasing the context in which an answer to the first question could be accurate. Notice how I said 'could be' which indicates probability rather than 'would be' indicating incontestible fact!

Another possibility would be to research the archive of old threads here at Basenotes, wherein is contained a veritable treasure trove of data referring to that very question.

I have to say though, as long as there is no bad smell present, there are many other subtle things that guide attraction.

Now this invaluable answer is free of charge this time only, one more naughty question like this and it will be charged for!

lol!
    Last edited by Bad_Dawg; 8th November 2006 at 02:21 AM.

Thrax

How about Sex Appeal by Jovan?

Here, in no particular order, are some of the ones that always work for me:

Musc Ravageur by Frederic Malle (Sex in a bottle. Period.)
    Calvin for Men by Calvin Klein (More compliments than Carter has little liver pills.)
    Cacharel Pour Homme by Cacharel (Crisp and tailored, but draws people like moths to a flame.)
    Chaps by Ralph Lauren (Cheap, yes, but women & men alike like it on the rare occasions that I wear it.)
    Havana by Aramis ("This is not your father's bay rum . . .")
    Bulgari Black by Bulgari (Walk on the wild side!)
    Devin by Aramis (Perfect for sweater weather. Very masculine; very confident; hard to find sometimes.)
    M7 by Yves St. Laurent (Will knock you over at first. Give it an hour minimum before you go out.)
    The Dreamer by Gianni Versace (Never anything but TONS of compliments from both genders.)
    Rive Gauche Pour Homme (regular or Intense) by Yves St. Laurent (Tom Ford did us REAL proud here.)
    Dzing! by L'Artisan Parfumeur (WARNING: Not for the faint of heart. May not suit all tastes, either.)
    Catalyst For Men by Halston (Spicy, warm, perfect for putting on before curling up in front of a fire.)
    Knize Ten (Masculinity like this never goes out of style.)
    Paul Sebastian For Men (Original) by Paul Sebastian (Apply judiciously, though. Give 1 hr. to drydown.)
    Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens (Worth every penny, but very animalic -- be forewarned.)
    Versailles by Jean Desprez (Now very hard to find, and expensive as hell when found.)
    Body Kouros by Yves St. Laurent (Strangely intoxicating stuff.)
    Gianfranco Ferre Pour Homme (Original) by Gianfranco Ferre (Eighties powerhouse; always good.)
    Santos de Cartier (Halston Z-14 in a Savile Row suit.)
    Black Cashmere by Donna Karan (Unisex-y all the way.)
    Monsieur Musk by Houbigant (Laugh all you like -- this works like a charm when WORN IN MODERATION.)
    Balafre by Lancôme (Classic. May now be available again.)
    Sagamore by Lancôme (")
    Drakkar Noir by Guy Laroche (Not ALWAYS a pimp scent!!!)
    1881 by Nino Cerruti (The Amber version's even sexier, IMHO.)
    Ricci Club by Nina Ricci (Sexy in a "clean" way. Try the Haute Concentration version.)
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 8th November 2006 at 03:36 AM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Well, every single fragrance that has sold more than one bottle since being introduced attracted people.

If you're made out of metal, Gaultier2 will attract you better than any other I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by acehimself
    Well, every single fragrance that has sold more than one bottle since being introduced attracted people.

If you're made out of metal, Gaultier2 will attract you better than any other I can think of.
    loooooooooooooooool

Thrax

Magnetism?

Attracting people is soo played out.
    How 'bout wearing fragrances that attract other species? Now that would be something different.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    Attracting people is soo played out.
    How 'bout wearing fragrances that attract other species? Now that would be something different.
    Smearing honey all over yourself would do the trick...

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy
    Musc Ravageur by Frederic Malle (Sex in a....
    ...Muscs Koublaï Khän by Serge Lutens (Worth every penny, but very animalic -- be forewarned.....
    I wish I was given a chance to test their effectiness during the next few years! You must be a pro! - I'll tag some bottles from your selection accoringly! 20% would definitely not work for me (tested), and I am afraid they could attract the wrong person. Then what dod I do? Life is full of dangers!
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Here is my take on this old question.

If you are wearing anything decent smelling then if someone is attracted to you, what you are wearing provides a talking point and a way for them to approach you. They can say something like "Oh what are you wearing, that smells kind of nice?" You may then make the mistake of thinking that your cologne has done the job, whereas it was you all along.

If you are going out with a woman and she is in love with you, then the chances are she will love what you wear as a cologne — again, all other things being equal. The cologne will remind her of you, and she will want you to wear it. But it is not the cologne she loves, but you. Later you may misunderstand that too, and think that the cologne has some independent pulling power. But it doesn't.

Cologne provides an intangible cue that facilitates sexual attraction — but it will not make an unattractive, unappealing nerk suddenly attractive. In fact it is more likely to make him seem ridiculous. But on the right man, at the right time, any cologne, done in moderation, can provide that excuse to strike up a flirtatious converstaion, particularly if it is slightly unusual.

(But by God, from all that positive feedback for Tvlampboy, we now know that must be one hell of an attractive dude!!)

My 2 cents

Eluard

I received women's compliments while wearing:

L'Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme
    Bulgari PH Extreme
    Uomo? Moschino
    Salvatore Ferragamo Incanto PH
    Habit Rouge
    Last edited by MikeFromManhattan; 8th November 2006 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thisbekevinn
    There is no answer to this. People usually think that a scent will get you a girl. It is not that simple. A good fragrance will only compliment a good personality or something a girl sees in a person.

So, my answer in that NO fragrances attract people.

Gaultier 2 is all you need!

Everyone is right, no fragrance can just instantly make you attractive to someone...
    ...Looks, charisma, and how you carry yourself is what will get you noticed by someone first, IMO. Then comes your personality when you start a conversation with them, and the rest follows from there. How you smell is just a plus if they enjoy your company and like being around you.

The smell of money.

I think Pomegranate Noir - Jo Malone is very sexy.