Code of Conduct

Default SotD Wednesday 8 November

Yesterday I was making a sample for a 'Beloved Lady' of an old favourite: Guerlain's Metallica (remember the beautiful 250 ml Silver Bee bottle and the infamous lawsuit from the band 'Metallica'?) and suddenly love was again alive and kicking.
    The most gorgeous blend of Vanilla, beautiful carnations, amber, some violets and spices. And still it is not too sweet. Just a hint of powdery notes.
    A good thing that Guerlain had the sense to reissue this one at last under the name Metalys, although I heard people claim that it is not quite the same anymore in the topnotes.

Have a great Wednesday, everybody. It will be weekend before we know it
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 8 November

DZING!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Going to sleep in Habanita.

omnia - feeling better today than yesterday.
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

25 degrees celsius, sunny.

Michael by Michael Kors for me. One of my most worn scent 2 years ago.

It's a Kai kind of day, plus lotion. Haven't worn this since June. Occasionally I tart it up with a Maison de la Vanille, but only when I get really bored and misguidedly creative. This combination makes me smell, if not feel, fifteen.

Goodmorning everyone!

It's sunny overhere, and 10 Celsius, and I'm wearing Burberry London. Have a nice day!

Good morning everybody!
    I'm wearing Hermès Elixir des Merveilles. Love, love, love that sweet-salty note.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Eau de Thé Vert by Roger & Gallet
    Wishlist is pointless.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm wearing Jaipur Homme today.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Geir Ness - Geir

Basenotes Plus

L'Artisan Parfumeur Poivre Piquant
    Notes: white pepper, liquorice, milk, honey
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Today is cloudy and rainy, nasty and dark.
    I am wearing Montaigne by Caron. It makes me feel high spirited, reminds me of green airy trees, but has a powdery undertone that holds you down, (I mean this in a good way) When I firest tried it I made a note that I felt I was walking in the mountains and stepped on a sprig of mint underfoot. But it is sweet as it dries down. When I tested it I was delighted with how it evolved over time.
    Last edited by tigrushka; 9th November 2006 at 02:26 AM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Cool Re: SotD Wednesday 8 November

Made the mistake of checking in with you guys before making a choice. (Glad you're feeling better, Nina!) And Coconut reminds me about Michael and Paisley's in Kai and Shifts' wearing Geir Ness (should I opt for Laila?) and the elegant LIB reminds me ONE MORE TIME that I've got to sample EDM....and...and.....choices, choices, choices! (runs upstairs screaming)

It's going to the mid 70's today - maybe I'll try one of my jasmines!!! (Sure hope someone sends ME Metallica! )
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Ohh it's back to rain here too now for two days... gloomy, wet and just grey. But at least it's not too too cold with 8°C

I'm wearing Miss Dior Chérie

Top notes: Green Tangerine, Strawberry Leaves, Violet
    Middle notes: Pink Jasmine, Wild Strawberry, Pop Corn
    Base notes: Patchouli, Crystalline Musk

I need it to lift my spirits a little.

NOTE: Exceptional lasting power on Miss Dior Chérie!
    Last edited by Goddess_Dreams; 8th November 2006 at 06:21 PM.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady
    (Sure hope someone sends ME Metallica! )
    Oh, do you know other members who I would DARE to call 'Beloved Lady', eh? Yes, my PM is a bit late. Have been playing in the chatroom with Coconut. Will I ever grow up?
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

AA Pamplelune for me today!

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon
    Have been playing in the chatroom with Coconut. Will I ever grow up?
    (Sincerely hope not! )

OK, it's Keiko Mecheri Jasmine EDP of which there's not very much so will have to re-invigorate with Tussardi Jeans, of which there's not very much so later in the day will have to overlay with JOY!!:bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I was craving something juicy sweet & fruity this morning, so I'm wearing my sample of...

Bond No. 9 Chinatown

It's cheering on this gray drab day. :-)

Post Re: SotD Wednesday 8 November

Noa, seems to be my favourite for November so far - quiet, warm and snuggly.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Needed an aldehyde slap in the face. I'm going with Miss Balmain.

However did I used to start my day without basenotes? I just don't know. You guys make me feel all warm and fuzzy.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Well, it's official. I'm a disgusting person, a bitch, and a whore (repeat, repeat.) Lightening may strike me any minute.

SL Tuberose Criminelle to celebrate!

MAHORA for me

Jean Couturier Coriandre.

Exhausted...

I am going to bed with Lancome Aroma Calm

Quote Originally Posted by Shycat
    Well, it's official. I'm a disgusting person, a bitch, and a whore (repeat, repeat.) Lightening may strike me any minute.
    SL Tuberose Criminelle to celebrate!
    A great fragrance to celebrate all of the above :-) I just recently fell in love with it - it's so addictive and siren-like. But I can hardly find an occasion to wear it. Maybe it's time to try some outrageous behavior. When I try for whoreish, I only wind up with floozy :-(

A cold day - I have to be outside today, and Epicea is striking the right balance of comfy and outdoorsy. There's lots of fragrances I love when it gets cold, but most of them 'project' too much outside.

Going with something quite different today, Creed Original Vetiver. This is like nothing else I know. I think vetiver is more herbal and grassy than woody. This scent is arguably one of the greatest palate cleansers in existence, a drastic departure from most feminine perfumes. (I am guessing that it is less of a departure from men's colognes, which are more apt to use it as a note.) It took some getting used to this scent. Similar to patchouli, the quality of the vetiver has a great impact on its palatability. I have hated vetiver in its harsh, smoky, cheaper forms. This Creed version is lush and wild and pungent. Extremely enjoyable.

Feeling groovy in my beautiful Vivara parfum

Quote Originally Posted by chaelaran1008
    Noa, seems to be my favourite for November so far - quiet, warm and snuggly.

I agree with you about Noa 100%, and even though I don't own a bottle I've always loved that scent. It indeed is a very comforting and snuggly fragrance and I think of it as such a perfect mommy scent!!!!
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

My goodness, you all smell fantastic! My morning Chinatown has pretty much died.

For this pouring rain afternoon, it is Mitsouko. Finally, I'm in the mood to wear it.

J del Pozo In Black for the day, and the evening too.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

I am in Cashmere Mist and I am bored. I am going home early and putting on A La Nuit and pretending that it's a sultry summer night, with aged rum flowing, a light twirly dress, and outdoor dancing. I think I'll stop and sniff somewhere on the way.

Sampling Norma Kamali Incense + Pefume today (-for the first time, and probably for the last, too! )

Polo Black
    Gary

Stella, and I have missed it (didn' know that until I applied)

Quote Originally Posted by pellen
    I am in Cashmere Mist and I am bored. I am going home early and putting on A La Nuit and pretending that it's a sultry summer night, with aged rum flowing, a light twirly dress, and outdoor dancing. I think I'll stop and sniff somewhere on the way.
    Oh Pellen, that sounds fun, I'll join you!

Hi,

Wearing Caron Fleur de Rocaille with a squirt of Etro Patchouly. Like the Caron better that way.

Krysia

Fracas for day (applied lightly), Coco Mlle for evening.