Code of Conduct

Thread: Hey guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey guys.

Hey all, I'm new to the site and I'm trying to get the the whole "note" thing down. I'm 24 and I'm trying to get away from the scents that the lady at the counter at dillards tells every man to get. My skin is fairly oily and scents that usually smells the best on me are scents like Givenchy PI and Intuition. Here's what I have in my stash now.

1. Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme. <---- just bought yesterday

2. Unforgivable

3. Kenneth Cole Reaction

4. Givenchy PI

5. Obsession

As far as the D & G, how can something that smells so bad in the bottle drydown to something that smells so good? I've never experienced that before. Every woman that came in contact with me loves it. It seems to go straight to the tabaccoish scent on my skin though. Is that normal?

Default Re: Hey guys.

Yes, it is, with The Dreamer starting off even worse than D&G. Btw, if you want a DIVINE tobacco drydown that leaves D&G in the dust, get yourself at least a sample of The Dreamer.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome!

On some people's skin the fragrance will go through the top and middle notes faster or slower. I don't know what causes it exactly but I'm sure it has something to do with your skin chemistry. There are plenty of scents with terrible top notes that dry down to wonderful blends. The basenotes are the heart and should be the best since you are going to be smelling those for the longest time. This is helping convince me to finally go out and buy D&G...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    Welcome!

On some people's skin the fragrance will go through the top and middle notes faster or slower. I don't know what causes it exactly but I'm sure it has something to do with your skin chemistry. There are plenty of scents with terrible top notes that dry down to wonderful blends. The basenotes are the heart and should be the best since you are going to be smelling those for the longest time. This is helping convince me to finally go out and buy D&G...

This site is actually what convinced me to go to Dillards and try this on. I love to smell good so I'm always on hunt for colognes. It smelled ok on the strip, but I had to smell it on my skin. So she sprayed in on my wrist and I walked around the store for 30mins. Smelled it again and was floored. I love it. Then I saw a good looking female in a different department about it and she really liked it on me and that was after 30mins. Some hours later, it dried down and smelled really warm, kinda sweet and inviting. I am definetly going to try it out on my date Saturday night.