Code of Conduct

Default CREED Green Irish Tweed After Shave Balm

Anyone use this? Worth 50 bucks at Parfums raffy?

Thrax

Default Re: CREED Green Irish Tweed After Shave Balm

It cant be wroth $50.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax
    It cant be wroth $50.
    I tell you in all honesty, that after shave balm is one of the best-selling items in all of Creed. It can be very difficult to find. It was absent from the U.S. market for a year because a wealthy Creed client in Europe was buying such massive quantities of it. The story was it was a prince -- who had recently started shaving. And he bought loads and loads and loads of Creed Green Irish Tweed After Shave Balm for his many homes, boats, chalets, ranches.....

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy_Nose
    I tell you in all honesty, that after shave balm is one of the best-selling items in all of Creed. It can be very difficult to find. It was absent from the U.S. market for a year because a wealthy Creed client in Europe was buying such massive quantities of it. The story was it was a prince -- who had recently started shaving. And he bought loads and loads and loads of Creed Green Irish Tweed After Shave Balm for his many homes, boats, chalets, ranches.....

Why do you repeat this nonsense sales-talk garbage?

The only authorized Creed retailers on the web are www.neimanmarcus.com and www.bergdorfgoodman.com. Stray from those, and you have no idea what you're getting. Creed's authorized U.S. distributor, International Cosmetics & Perfumes in Manhattan, only sells to Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman and select Saks stores -- plus a few independent boutiques. The only websites purveying authorized Creed are www.neimanmarcus.com and www.bergdorfgoodman.com.

I think Creed fragrances are a bargain, given the extraordinary quality, certainly the best in the world. As for price, I'm sure you've noticed the price of everything in this world is rising as crop and commodity inflation take hold worldwide.
    I met Erwin CREED in New York, and he is intelligent, committed, knowledgeable, accessible and, frankly, destined to make a huge contribution to the art of fragrance.
    Land sakes, man. Buy from an authorized retailer, Neiman Marcus (www.neimanmarcus.com), Bergdorf Goodman (www.bergdorfgoodman.com) or one of the select Saks Fifth Avenue stores that carry Creed. It's so much easier.

CREED's quality, style, tradition, longstanding success and bright future very obviously fill you with jealousy.
    Oh, right, thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    Why do you repeat this nonsense sales-talk garbage?

Oh, right, thats why.

I believe in Creed, and I am happy to provide information about it. As for your choice of words, it's inappropriate. What you do not know is that the rock-hard reality of Creed is far beyond the myth and hype, far more fantastic than what fiction could manufacture. I suppose you deem your skepticism a sign of discernment and your negativity a sign of intelligence. So be it. If hating makes you feel good, no one can stop you. But did you visit Neiman Marcus Boston to meet Erwin Creed this week? No, I guess not.
    Last edited by Savvy_Nose; 10th November 2006 at 01:19 AM.

I believe in Creed, and I am happy to provide information about it. As for your choice of words, it's inappapropriate.
    Well, I have to agree with Joel Cairo- I wasn't asking whether it was a best-seller, I was asking about the quality of the product. I already own a bottle of GIT, no need to sell me on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jerd
    Well, I have to agree with Joel Cairo- I wasn't asking whether it was a best-seller, I was asking about the quality of the product. I already own a bottle of GIT, no need to sell me on it.
    I dont think he was selling you on a bottle of GIT -

So Savvy_nose, since you seem to be a Creed insider, is there any way to procure the Feuille Verte flacon now ?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    I dont think he was selling you on a bottle of GIT -

So Savvy_nose, since you seem to be a Creed insider, is there any way to procure the Feuille Verte flacon now ?
    I'm no insider. Just a connoiseur. I do have a flacon of Feuille Verte. Funny that earlier post.

Quote Originally Posted by jerd
    It's an excellent product, and it sells well as a result.

I recall reading this somewhere - infact, I think I had posted a link to the news article on Basenotes a few months ago - and Joel_Cairo was skeptical about it back then too

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06183/702187-314.stm
    -

I believe in Creed, and I am happy to provide information about it.
    The thing is, you aren't providing any information, you are recirculating tired marketting copy. Every single one of your posts has been a Creed pitch, or a pitch for retailers who are licensed to sell "CREED", but not one of them has had any original personal observations or valuable contributions to the discussion of the actual scents. You are either a hero-worshipping fan-boy Creed-head (for insightful info on Creedheads, read some posts by scentemental) or a very ham-handed attempt at some undercover "whisper-campaingning" (for Basenotes' official policy on that, check the rules of the forum).

No I didn't go see young Creed in Boston. I don't like CREED scents enough to wait in line to see the guy who makes them. Even if I did, I fail to see how my appreciation of the scent would be in any way enhanced by shaking hands with the guy whose picture comes on a card in the box.

I recall reading this somewhere - infact, I think I had posted a link to the news article on Basenotes a few months ago - and Joel_Cairo was skeptical about it back then too

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06183/702187-314.stm
    What can I say? If I read a post from some poor guy who's just wasted his hard-earned money on fake Creed and is wondering what to do, how could I not recommend he visit an authorized retailer? If I read something nasty about the Creed family, whom I've met several times, how can I not refute the uninformed view? If someone says, without trying a product, "It can't be worth $50," yet I own and use and love that product and know it sells well because I can almost never find it, why wouldn't I share that information? Anyway, I thought this site was for sharing that type of information. I guess it's just not cool to be positive and help out. You know how many bottles of Creed I own? 25. Plus four flacons and atomizers. Three soaps. Three hair and body washes. Two deodorants. Two home sprays and two candles. So am I going to visit this site and talk about how bad the House of Creed is? No.
    Last edited by Savvy_Nose; 10th November 2006 at 04:03 AM.

indeed I was

I just find it hard to believe that one customer could clean out the whole production. And if that did happen, I actively REFUSE to believe that a company as profit-driven as Creed wouldnt simply produce more. Its basic supply and demand. "Hmmm, so this ASB sold really well, lets not make more!" does not sound like the words of Edwin Creed.

Ah, the prince who recently started shaving. Wasn't he the same one who had Cary Grant on one of his many yachts, and wasn't it Cary Grant who also first introduced the unshaven Prince to Green Irish Tweed. A prince who recently started shaving. That's fricken hilarious. I mean seriously, this is the best you can do?

Thanks Joel_Cairo for verifying what I have been saying all along and that is it seems all one has to do these days is mention the word Creed and the Creed publicity machine kicks into gear.

Savy_Nose, please do us all a favor and don't hijack threads with your adversitising dribble.

If you really want to help out, get a list of the ingredients for the Green Irish Tweed Aftershave Balm from your Creed contacts and let us make up our own minds on this board about the quality of the aforementioned aftershave. We're all adults here; we don't need to be sold on Creed adverstising hype like were some ignorant mall rat walking blithely into some department store fragrance counter looking for "expert" (irony alert, irony alert) advice and a slice of adversiting manna from heaven. I find your fanciful and ridiculous stories and shameless plugs for Creed laughable and irrelevant.

BTW, I have never purchased a Creed from an authorized dealer, and I can vouchsafe that all my Creeds are as fresh as those sold say in Neiman Marcus or any of the other retailers you mention and so can the hundreds of Basenoters who have purchased decants from me. So much for your scare tactics.

Oh a final BTW. Just to show everyone how bogus your story about the supposed shortage of Greed Green Irish Tweed Aftershave Balm is, both Scentiments.com and Perfumebay.com have had bottles of it in stock on and off over the very same period during which your recently converted shaving prince was supposedly buying up all the world's stock. I also spotted numerous ebay sellers selling it during the same period. Maybe the CIA managed to infilitrate the now shaven prince's countless houses and boats and secretly get some out.

Again, a prince who recently converted to shaving, how frickin laughable. Zero credibility dude.

scentemental
    Last edited by scentemental; 10th November 2006 at 02:17 AM.

Thrax

/\
    I feel the cold off that one all the way over here....(shivers)

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental
    Ah, the prince who recently started shaving. Wasn't he the same one who had Cary Grant on one of his many yachts, and wasn't it Cary Grant who also first introduced the unshaven Prince to Green Irish Tweed. A prince who recently started shaving. That's fricken hilarious. I mean seriously, this is the best you can do?

Thanks Joel_Cairo for verifying what I have been saying all along and that is it seems all one has to do these days is mention the word Creed and the Creed publicity machine kicks into gear.

Savy_Nose, please do us all a favor and don't hijack threads with your adversitising dribble.

If you really want to help out, get a list of the ingredients for the Green Irish Tweed Afershave Balm from you Creed contacts and let us make up our own minds on this board about the quality of the aforementioned aftershave. We're all adults here; we don't need to be sold on Creed adverstising hype like were some ignorant mall rat walking blithely into some department store fragrance counter looking for "expert" (irony alert, irony alert) advice and a slice of adversiting manna from heaven. I find your fanciful and ridiculous stories and shameless plugs for Creed laughable and irrelevant.

BTW, I have never purchased a Creed from an authorized dealer, and I can vouchsafe that all my Creeds are as fresh as those sold say in Neiman Marcus or any of the other retailers you mention and so can the hundreds of Basenoters who have purchased decants from me. So much for your scare tactics.

Oh a final BTW. Just to show everyone how bogus your story about the supposed shortage of Greed Green Irish Tweed Aftershave Balm is, both Scentiments.com and Perfumebay.com have had bottles of it in stock on and off over the very same period during which your recently converted shaving prince was supposedly buying up all the world's stock. I also spotted numerous ebay sellers selling it during the same period. Maybe the CIA managed to infilitrate the now shaven prince's countless houses and boats and secretly get some out.

Again, a prince who recently converted to shaving, how frickin laughable. Zero credibility dude.

scentemental
    game
    set
    match

I believe in Creed, and I am happy to provide information about it. As for your choice of words, it's inappropriate. What you do not know is that the rock-hard reality of Creed is far beyond the myth and hype, far more fantastic than what fiction could manufacture. I suppose you deem your skepticism a sign of discernment and your negativity a sign of intelligence. So be it. If hating makes you feel good, no one can stop you. But did you visit Neiman Marcus Boston to meet Erwin Creed this week? No, I guess not.
    Most hilarious post of the season!

That's right, Joel_Cairo, your almost two thousand posts of service to the site's membership are just you hating. Hating because it makes you feel good. I'm glad we've got Savvy_Nose to arrive here and show us that. And Joel, sadly my friend, your trouble surely partly comes from not meeting Erwin Creed this week. Sad sad sad, Joel. It's the sins of omission that get you too.

Sin is the right word too, since Savvy "believe[s] in Creed" and is aware of the "rock-hard reality of Creed." Get with the dogma, Joel! Look, you too can henceforth be mentioning a department store's name in a post jumping to conclusions about the psychology of a fine and long standing Basenotes member! Again, the house of Creed shows us all how decency is really done!
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

indeed I was

I just find it hard to believe that one customer could clean out the whole production. And if that did happen, I actively REFUSE to believe that a company as profit-driven as Creed wouldnt simply produce more. Its basic supply and demand. "Hmmm, so this ASB sold really well, lets not make more!" does not sound like the words of Edwin Creed.
    You mean Erwin.

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental

If you really want to help out, get a list of the ingredients for the Green Irish Tweed Aftershave Balm from your Creed contacts and let us make up our own minds on this board about the quality of the aforementioned aftershave. We're all adults here; we don't need to be sold on Creed adverstising hype like were some ignorant mall rat walking blithely into some department store fragrance counter looking for "expert" (irony alert, irony alert) advice and a slice of adversiting manna from heaven. I find your fanciful and ridiculous stories and shameless plugs for Creed laughable and irrelevant.

scentemental
    You have such a nice way of expressing yourself. Creed is lucky to have you as a customer. You're obviously a person of the greatest dignity and refinement. Why should you let facts or history change your views? Please don't! You're wonderful as you are.

Perfumebay.com and Scentiments.com are not authorized sellers of Creed. You may find Creed there, but then you may find a man selling Rolexes on the corner of Sixth Avenue and Fifty Third Street. Buyer beware.
    Last edited by Savvy_Nose; 10th November 2006 at 04:07 AM.

The thing is, you aren't providing any information, you are recirculating tired marketting copy. Every single one of your posts has been a Creed pitch, or a pitch for retailers who are licensed to sell "CREED", but not one of them has had any original personal observations or valuable contributions to the discussion of the actual scents. You are either a hero-worshipping fan-boy Creed-head (for insightful info on Creedheads, read some posts by scentemental) or a very ham-handed attempt at some undercover "whisper-campaingning" (for Basenotes' official policy on that, check the rules of the forum).

No I didn't go see young Creed in Boston. I don't like CREED scents enough to wait in line to see the guy who makes them. Even if I did, I fail to see how my appreciation of the scent would be in any way enhanced by shaking hands with the guy whose picture comes on a card in the box.
    How lucky we are to be able to read your excellent and insightful comments. You're entirely incorrect (right down to the fact of whose picture is in the box), but how refreshing it is that this forum exists to air your pungent views.

All the very best to you.
    Last edited by Savvy_Nose; 10th November 2006 at 03:43 AM.

You mean Erwin.
    Erwin, Elmer, I think its pretty clear I could not care less what the bloke's name is.

I suggest you stop posting; you are bad at it.

Erwin, Elmer, I think its pretty clear I could not care less what the bloke's name is.

I suggest you stop posting; you are bad at it.
    This exchange has been such a pleasure. I thank you. I wish you an excellent evening.

You're obviously a person of the greatest dignity and refinement. Why should you let facts or history change your views? Please don't! You're wonderful as you are.
    How lucky we are to be able to read your excellent and insightful comments. You're entirely incorrect (right down to the fact of whose picture is in the box), but how refreshing it is that this forum exists to air your pungent views.
    Personal attacks and slights are not permitted at Basenotes.

From Basenotes rule #8:
    "Flaming or personal attacks are not allowed or tolerated. Be respectful of others."

If there are more I'll lock this thread. It is quite far afield already.
    --Chris

Quote Originally Posted by DustB
    Personal attacks and slights are not permitted at Basenotes.

From Basenotes rule #8:
    "Flaming or personal attacks are not allowed or tolerated. Be respectful of others."

If there are more I'll lock this thread. It is quite far afield already.
    --Chris
    I understand. Anti-Creed tirades are welcome on this site, but not response to such tirades. Thank you for the clarification! Most helpful.

Thumbs down Re: CREED Green Irish Tweed After Shave Balm

"I tell you in all honesty": note the nervous insistence.

At first I wondered if the "wealthy Creed client in Europe [who] was buying such massive quantities of it" perhaps had been filling water tanks and bathing in it. I tell you in all honesty, it's patently absurd to think one person could purchase enough of a product to deplete the stock of an entire country. But you knew this before you spewed such nonsense onto the board.

Now I know what scentemental means by "Creed heads."

I understand. Anti-Creed tirades are welcome on this site, but not response to such tirades. Thank you for the clarification! Most helpful.
    Tirades? Perhaps you're refering to a member's pointing out that your posts regularly violate the site's rules against advertising. The member was right to do so.

Responses to such tirades? Perhaps you refer to your slights on members's psychology and character. You were wrong to do so.

I think this is the clarification that you'll find most helpful.
    --Chris