Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance Suggestions for Teachers (gift)

Well, I asked 2 teachers and a counselor to write me college reccomendations and since I am sure they all did wonderfully, I wanted to give them a gift. Although I know some say that fragrance is not the best gift to give, they all know of my unique hobby and would appreciate my thought on their gifts.

The first teacher is a physics teacher. She used to work as an engineer at a glass company and is now teaching Advanced high school physics. She is in her mid forties, blond, and about 5'6"

The second teacher is a math teacher. She loves Calculus and all math related things. Her son went to West Point and she recently became a grandma. She is in her early 50s, black hair, and about 5'3".

My counselor studied psychology and is in her 50s? I don't know too much about my counselor but yea, you guys get the idea.

Any suggestions on some unoffensive and fitting scents?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Fragrance Suggestions for Teachers (gift)

Sure, a Sephora gift certificate. About as unobtrusive as you can get!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

You MUST make a bouquet of samples, tied up with pretty ribbon or what-have-you. A batch of samples ordered from aedes.com or luckyscent.com or lusciouscargo.com will give you a scattershot of scents, so surely at least one will tickle the recipient. Just the fun of having something like 7 different scents to try is a gift unlike anything these teachers will likely have experienced before.

Stun them with some popular beauties and throw in at least one quirky one for an unforgettable experience. Give their noses what they gave you--a real education!
    Last edited by Quarry; 9th November 2006 at 01:02 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

That is so perfect Quarry. I know I would simply love a gift like that. The bigger the variety, the better.
    Last edited by TDDanae; 12th November 2006 at 01:41 AM.

ditto! That is a fantastic idea quarry. I think I will do just that.

I wouldn't really enjoy a giftcard the same way I would enjoy a nice new bottle.

I would reccoment Pure Poison by Dior. Very elegant, sheek, and clean. It's a nice floral, even my mom enjoys it and she doesn't care for fragrances at all.

If all else fails, just go with the sample idea.

Sorry to sound like a wet blanket, I would not give any of the fragrances to the teachers, especially expensive bottles. Sounds like bribing to me, dontcha think? Manus manum lavat.

Used to teach some years ago, not now. There are other, more creative approaches to gift-giving: I would value something hand-made, and something where you put a lot of your patience, your time and your soul, not your parents' money. Just MHO.

Well, I think a fragrance basket of samples is a nice idea. As a former teacher, I'd have liked that. I got lots of homemade items and they are great but hard to transport by the box. Still, both ideas are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf
    Sorry to sound like a wet blanket, I would not give any of the fragrances to the teachers, especially expensive bottles. Sounds like bribing to me, dontcha think? Manus manum lavat.

Used to teach some years ago, not now. There are other, more creative approaches to gift-giving: I would value something hand-made, and something where you put a lot of your patience, your time and your soul, not your parents' money. Just MHO.
    well, I'm thanking them for taking time out of their schedule to write me reccomendations, not giving them gifts so I can get good grades.

In addition, I work for my money and I think they will appreciate my careful thoughts and considerations for their sample packages and since they also know that I have a part time job to pay for my expenses and fragrances, they would value their gifts more because I, myself, have worked for the money to buy those said sample packages.

Sorry again I sounded like a wet blanket indeed. Appreciate your effort in brightening someone's day and not taking things for granted.