Code of Conduct

Default Help me choose between Rive Gauche and M7

As you may have read in another post, TJ Maxx has Rive Gauche cheap and I tried it today for the first time... More on that in a minute...

I owned M7 before and traded it away. I wish I would have hung on to it, as I now view it as something I'd be ready for. Too complex and specific of a fragrance to suit my adolescent fragrance hobby at the time.

The Rive Gauche I had what I now see as being a typical reaction to the scent. It smelled old school, 80's maybe... I assumed it was from the 80's! But "barbershop" and manly at the same time, without being too overbearing. It did have somewhat of a quality that at least one girl I know would refer to as "old man", so that scares me a bit, but hell, I don't think any of my scents were purchased with anyone other than myself in mind. I can still smell it on my hand a bit (6 hrs +!) and I'm just about sold on it.

Which should I get? Why? Both seem like they'd be great for this upcoming time of year. Do I need to try M7 Fresh (like I wanted to) before I commit to another bottle of M7?

HELP.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Thrax

Default Re: Help me choose between Rive Gauche and M7

Of the two, I'd have to go with Rive Gauche. It is "cooler than the other side of the pillow," as another basenoter said. You have to love this stuff. M7 isnt bad at all though, and it is very respected around here. But Rive Gauche is the one for me in this case. Never tried M7 Fresh though....

RG for me for sure ! But that's 'me'.

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

I can see myself headed to the 'Maxx before they close...
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

RG for sure. M7 is nice but RG is so fine and smooth. Like a good wine!
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I'll echo the recommendations for Rive Gauche. I find it a lot more wearable than M7. Rive Gauche has a "who cares" feel to it and it's quite versatile. It can be worn both casually and for more formal occassions.

Depends upon your personal tastes. If you prefer dryer, more patchouli and vetiver based "power" scents, I'd go with Rive Gauche Pour Homme. If, on the other hand, you prefer an (initially) sweeter scent that's heavy on the musk and the exotica, I'd go with the M7. They're two totally different horses of completely different colors, so telling you what to buy without knowing your particular tastes is awkward at best.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]