Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default TGIF! SotD Friday 10 November

Safran Troublant for me today, have a fabulous Friday, everyone!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: TGIF! SotD Friday 10 November

TGIF everyone. 28 degrees celsius, sunny!
    Un Amour de Patou by Jean Patou in the morning. Unfortunately, I think it has gone off as it has a bitter, aweful smell on my skin. I was not please with that. I will not use it again and keep the bottle for decoration.
    I went to test LOVELY by SJP at lunch. It is very soft and it has a hint of dirtiness at the opening. Narciso Rodriguez for Her and Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely are quite similar. I gave me Narciso Rodriguez for Her to dear friend, as I thought it suits her personality more than I do.

"Double, double toil and trouble;
    Fire burn, and cauldron bubble".

The witches from 'Macbeth' gathered around their cauldron. And I can't get that image out of my head: Serge and Chris! A cauldron filled with Fleurs d'Oranger, Chris adding spices, Serge throwing in some amber....stirring....and a new baby lemming is born.

Yes, I am testing over and over again Mandarine Mandarin. There is a certain appeal in it for me at the start but then it becomes Fleurs d'Oranger's spicier sister. And no matter how hard I tried, FdO never did work for me. I am afraid the same fate is waiting for MM.
    But everybody who is deeply in love with FdO should be dancing in the streets :bounce: ,for you indeed a new lemming has been born. And I am sad that I will probably not join you in those streets.

Try this one, it is beautiful, Even though the beauty is not working for me.
    (and now I am sure Taolady will never want to talk to me again )

Dear Coconut, enjoy your well-earned holiday in Thailand!

Well, weekend is appproaching: only one day to go and it will be party time again. Have a great Friday everybody!
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

LV Alamut. This has the most brilliant leather drydown, but is circumvented by a very perfumey, powdery top and a glut of florals in the middle, none of which is overtly discernable as an individual olfactive entity. The man likes his powder. If a man were to wear this, it would be very dandified.

Kingdom

Goodmorning everyone.

The sun is shining and it's a Dzing!-day for me. I've sprayed the last drops out of my decant, which is terrible. But... my bottle of Dzing! has arrived this week, so I can enjoy it endlessly.

Basenotes Plus

Calypso Christiane Celle Mimosa
    Notes: mimosa, green leaves, jasmine, rose

Many thanks to Coconut for the decant.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

back in bleu

I'm going to be having a busy day today, 24 patients on our schedule (12-14 is more average) and I'm on call all weekend ... looks like a day for ANGEL!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961
    Calypso Christiane Celle Mimosa
    Notes: mimosa, green leaves, jasmine, rose

Many thanks to Coconut for the decant.
    Dear, I hope you will enjoy it I used to wear this a lot.
    I will be traveling for the next few days and may not be able to post my Sotd.
    I have changed my scent to Jacinthe Des Bois - L'Artisan after office hours.
    Take Care and have a good weekend.

wearing Parfum Sacre, but dreaming a bit of Hanae Mori (butterfly, blue version) which I tested last week and can't stop thinking about...
    Does that mean that I am cheating on my perfume!? ACK!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Institution

Wearing Visari Fleurage but thinking of Fendi Fendi. Do not believe it is cheating, happens all the time!

Rochas Femme

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon
    But everybody who is deeply in love with FdO should be dancing in the streets :bounce: ...Try this one, it is beautiful, Even though the beauty is not working for me....(and now I am sure Taolady will never want to talk to me again )
    Jamais la vie!!!!!(This way, there's more for Quarry and me!) Anyway, I'm leaning toward Fleurs de Citronnier and Ayala's Tamya.(PM en route OBB LadyHawk)

But that was in another country and today - thanks to Riannon's rave - I am reveling in POL (That's People of the Labyrinths Luctor et Emergo {anybody besides me into labyrinths??} in a decant from those wonderful people at Fragrant Fripperies!)a fruity, lavender-y powdery lusciousness with a hint of tobacco that seems to elicit passionate responses either negative or positive with nothing in between. You just never know what it's going to turn into next.

Am doing a wedding on the beach Sunday, so Friday is more like a Wednesday!
    Last edited by TaoLady; 10th November 2006 at 12:03 PM.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Terre d'Hermes

TGIF!!!!
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Long time no write! 'Tis the season for huge wholesale orders as retailers fill their shops in time for Christmas.

Today is chilly and damp, perfect Fendi weather. (with a touch of Bulgarian rose on top for softness)
    ~Melanie Teegarden, Owner
    Althaea Soaps & Herbals
    504 W. Oakland Avenue
    Johnson City, TN 37604
    www.althaea.biz/

Hello everyone and welcome back to Althaea

I'm wearing L'Instant de Guerlain

Top notes: Rosewood, Magnolia, Lilac, Bergamot, Mandarin
    Heart notes: Magnolia, iris, citrus honey, Lemon and Orange blossom
    Base notes: Benzoin, Vanilla, Amber

DH is wearing Egoïste Platinum
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady

But that was in another country and today - thanks to Riannon's rave - I am reveling in POL (That's People of the Labyrinths Luctor et Emergo a fruity, lavender-y powdery lusciousness with a hint of tobacco
    Lavender??? Tobacco??? Did they send you the right scent, BBE?? This is for me a bit like Rahat Loukoum with cherries and a grassy nopnote. Just checked the bottle again. You know I can spot lavender at twenty paces, but...nope. And no tobacco either. Do you have the parfum or the EDP? Maybe there lies the difference (using the Parfum myself)
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

Farnesiana parfum again for me. Happy Friday!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I do so love to hear everyone's morning mutterings here.

I've got Black Cashmere on one wrist (:wave: Ciao, Tao!), but I know I'll be rummaging through my scents for something additional as the day wears on.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Eau Sauvage
    Wishlist is pointless.

It's a holiday here, so I'm playing with samples: Art of Perfumery #5 (ho hum vanilla amberish so far), and Parfum d'Empire Cuir Ottoman (hmmm...gasoline spill in an antique store parking lot? interesting though). I may just shower and go back to Tabac Blond, which I probably should have priced online before I tested it and got all excited...
    Last edited by coumarin; 10th November 2006 at 03:59 PM.

Tested Dior's Dune, but as with all Dior's, just didn't work on me. Nice, though!

SL Bois et Musc and it's pretty boring on me. I may need to switch later.

It's been a reeaaally tough day today....but my SotD helped me through. I'm wearing the fabulous SL Chergui: honey, musk, leather, incense, tobacco leaf, hay sugar, amber, iris, rose, sandalwood.
    Among today's fab smelling basenoters, Taolady is my favourite (I'm into labyrinths, too and no, I don't smell lavender either Riannon. I have the EdT).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Montale's Aoud Queen Rose. Lots of saffron and rosewater. Very rosey on a sweet base, but plenty of saffron edginess.

Un Bois Vanille (SL) for me today.

Quote Originally Posted by Riannon
    Lavender??? Tobacco??? Did they send you the right scent, BBE?? This is for me a bit like Rahat Loukoum with cherries and a grassy topnote. Just checked the bottle again. You know I can spot lavender at twenty paces, but...nope. And no tobacco either. Do you have the parfum or the EDP? Maybe there lies the difference (using the Parfum myself)
    Parfum....and now after 10 hours or so, am thinking it's cherry/vanilla HOW could I think lavender?) But definitely tobacco. Be kind - my little trunk is still being educated!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

I'm wearing my friend Fracas today.

My skin brings out spicy greenery in it. I love it.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by AlthaeaSoaps
    Today is chilly and damp, perfect Fendi weather. (with a touch of Bulgarian rose on top for softness)
    Welcome back, Althaea! I totally agree with you about Fendi, I was thinking about it all day long and finally put some on after dinner. Right now I am decanting some other fragrances for a BN friend, so I am sure I will smell fabulous after I am all done.

Coco Mad for day,
    testing Guerlain Mahora (from mini) this evening. Interesting...heady, sweet, very creamy floral. Is that coconut I smell in there? I kind of like it.

I started this beautiful fall day off with my fave Bois des Iles....of course since I was on a little overnight girls shopping trip in Nashville I decided to spray on a little squirt of Youth Dew Amber Nude ....bad idea! One of my friends insisted I make a hasty retreat to the ladies room to scrub it off. Apparently to her nose it smell just like OFF ( yes, the bug spray) on me. It does have amazing staying power though, it survived the most vigorous scrub!

Romance Silver by RL
    Gary

I wore Nahema today. Very nice and rosy!