Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Coromandel & Portrait of a Lady, the sparkling sherbet effect-what is it, where else can I find it?

I am in love with Coromandel and Portrait of a Lady, for many reasons....chiefly because they are both flat out spectacular perfumes. I obviously enjoy the way they both treat patchouli, however I think one of the reasons they both appeal to me so much is the special 'fizz' effect they share. The best way I can describe it is sherbert-like, a sort of sparkling effervescence that lifts and gives height and class and seems to set them apart from other perfumes with a similar combination of ingredients.

What does this? Is it Benzoin? Aldehydes? Where else can I get this effect (for less because these are two pricey dames)? Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks
    Charlie
    Last edited by verycharlie; 8th August 2012 at 12:33 PM. Reason: To say thanks

Default Re: Coromandel & Portrait of a Lady, the sparkling sherbet effect-what is it, where else can I find

I think it's a combination of a resin + ISO E Super.

Like their brands they've used ISO E Super in a classy manner.

for swap/sale:

Blog Entries

Default Re: Coromandel & Portrait of a Lady, the sparkling sherbet effect-what is it, where else can I find

Thanks Hedonist...got to say I'm a bit flummoxed by ISO E Super. Everyone talks abut it and I seem to read about it on every other post, but when I tried the Essentric molecules 01 I couldn't smell anything at all. Not a thing. Virtually scentless. Perfume, what a mysterious business.

Quote Originally Posted by verycharlie View Post
    Thanks Hedonist...got to say I'm a bit flummoxed by ISO E Super. Everyone talks abut it and I seem to read about it on every other post, but when I tried the Essentric molecules 01 I couldn't smell anything at all. Not a thing. Virtually scentless. Perfume, what a mysterious business.
    If you've smelled anything befor EM 01 , it'll overpower your senses. Smell EM01 before anything. You won't miss it.

for swap/sale:

If you like the fizzy sherbet accord you should check out Absolue Pour le Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian. In this composition its the combo of lemon and thyme that gives it that effect.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    If you've smelled anything befor EM 01 , it'll overpower your senses. Smell EM01 before anything. You won't miss it.
    Ha, that may well explain it, I had just ploughed through everything else in Liberty's. I'll have to give it another go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    If you like the fizzy sherbet accord you should check out Absolue Pour le Matin by Maison Francis Kurkdjian.
    Thanks Jack. I did just try this on a card the other day and quite liked it, although Pour le Soir grabbed me more. Since exiting the fruity floral depression of dept. store fragrance counters not that long ago and discovering there's a world of other perfumes out there, I have been on a rebound bender for rich, dark, different, woody, leather, smoke, oriental type things (I'm sure this is a typical trajectory for a newbie). I think with these two perfumes it's the contrast of the fizz/lift/sparkle with the rich, heavy ingredients that I find so appealing.

At some point soon I see I'll need to re-assess my assumptions that light or floral types are instantly boring and can't possibly suit me and start adventuring in flowers. Was going to start another thread on that, I was thinking that exploring Iris might be a good starting point...

Armani/Prive - Rose d'Arabie has an effervescent sherbet quality to it.