Code of Conduct

Default OMG!!! Burt's Bees Bay Rum = TOTAL SLEEPER!

What an unbelievable fragrance, and for $16!!!

There's tobacco, clove, sage, woods, citrus...it's incredibly rich, long lasting, and has great sillage.

I'm totally freakin' right now for this one! I HIGHLY reccommend everyone try this.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Default Re: OMG!!! Burt's Bees Bay Rum = TOTAL SLEEPER!

I found one source for it but it was $22.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Where can you buy it other than online?
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Maybe some scent shops, or drugstores that still have old stock. Burt's Bees discontinued this one three or four years ago, if I remember correctly. It's a lovely scent, but NOT for those who hate strong spice-based scents. Also, it has cinnamon oil or SOMETHING in it that literally "burns" when applied to the skin. This is temporary only, but annoying to some. (Kind of like the fleeting "numbing" effect of the strong clove note present in Trumper's Bay Rum.)

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Spicy indeed! In the likes of burberry london. Mine sit next to each other now.

It lists ingredients (oils), and then "fragrance", so I'm not sure if this is a marketing technique or some different sort of formulation structure.

I got mine at a local herbal remedy/new age store. they have the entire burt's bee's line.

The clerk said that they just got it in "again", and I've noticed that the packaging is updated from the packaging pictured on BN, So it sounds like it has been re-released.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

This is great stuff. I can't believe they quit making it. A lot of times organic, natural food-type stores carry it.

Ha, this was my first fragrance, given to me a long time ago by a slightly hippyish girlfriend. I still love it, but ran out of it recently. Its great stuff, and I've never really found anything quite like it in terms of its high spice content.
    I see it pretty frequently around here at smaller natural food stores and specialty stores (you know the ones - they sell lots of expensive soap and overpriced gardening tools).

-Slim

These are the listed ingredients for the original formula.

SD alcohol 40-2 (distilled from yellow corn), bay oil, orange oil, vegetable glycerin, lemon oil, cinnamon oil, fir needle oil, lavandin oil, cedarwood oil, patchouli oil, clove oil, sage oil.
    99.90% Natural

I haven't heard of it being reintroduced, but I did get a bottle recently. The packaging was different and the contents much, much lighter in color. I was a little suspect as to the authenticity of the new bottle, but after testing side by side against the original, I'd say the new formula is different, but I'm not sure which I prefer. The new formula might just be "fresh" and the original "old". Both are strong clove, pine, and of course..bay.

Blog Entries

I noticed they had a tester of this @ a drugstore I frequent. I tried a dab on the back of my hand. It was REALLY strong at first, but I loved the drydown! It smelled like Christmas spices (probably the clove) and would be something I'd consider wearing. I too noticed that the packaging was different than I remembered it. Probably a re-release. I may have to get some of this before the holidays are out.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

* bump *
    Is this Burt Bee's Bay Rum in After Shave Balm only ?
    or did they also have a Cologne version ?

I realize its discontinued now , but hoping some of the active members above still remember .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    Also, it has cinnamon oil or SOMETHING in it that literally "burns" when applied to the skin. This is temporary only, but annoying to some. (Kind of like the fleeting "numbing" effect of the strong clove note present in Trumper's Bay Rum.)
    That's funny you mention that, because every time I put on Boucheron Jaipur i get that same momentary burning feeling; it is worth it though. Jaipur is a very beautiful scent.

can't wait to try this
    [COLOR="Purple"]I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

-Joan of Arc [/COLOR]

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I bought a bottle of the new release several months ago along with the shaving soap bar. Heavy spices for sure but in a pleasant way for me. I like the cologne. I also bought the shaving soap and it is good quality and leaves a nice bay/clove/spice afterscent.
    Last edited by kbe; 4th August 2009 at 02:34 PM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    * bump *
    Is this Burt Bee's Bay Rum in After Shave Balm only ?
    or did they also have a Cologne version ?

I realize its discontinued now , but hoping some of the active members above still remember .
    It's a cologne too.

The original, was discontinued. But it seems as if BB's has re-released it - although the juice is lighter in color which I'm assuming means it's been reformulated. Oh and now the price is $25.

I have only smelled the old one, which was incredibly good. In a JHL / Calvin kind of way. I'm interested in smelling the new one, but it never seems to be at the stores, when I look for it.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 4th August 2009 at 02:59 PM.

Now I'm on a mission, too! Whole Foods, here I come.

Sounds delicious! I'll be on the look-out for this one; I love spicy fragrances.

wow nice price too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Now I'm on a mission, too! Whole Foods, here I come.
    Ditto!

I love spicy, can't wait to try this one.

I've never found it, even at the multitude of places which carry Burt's Bees products. Couldn't find it at Whole Foods.

It's on the Burt's Bees website, but the shopping function seems to be down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    It's on the Burt's Bees website, but the shopping function seems to be down.
    I was just about to post the same thing. Looks like there are other items on their site that can be added to the shopping cart, but the cart is not available for everything. I wonder if that means an item is out of stock....
    Last edited by tang; 4th August 2009 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Couldn't find it at Whole Foods.
    It's not at the Whole Foods Houston-River Oaks.

Its on their website. I am assuming that means they are still making it?

http://www.burtsbees.com/product-line/bay-rum-men/

If you find some can you get me one !!

MikeyPerez, thanks mate my question answered .
    Im glad Mario started a poll on Bay Rums , it got me searching & interested again .
    Its good too see so much love for this one & im glad i bumped up this 3 yrs old thread .
    cheers