Code of Conduct

Default Has anyone tried Darling????

Darling is Kylie Minogues first fragrance. I'm interested to know what its like.
    Awesomeguy

Default Re: Has anyone tried Darling????

Haven't tried it yet, but heard about it on BBC news last night while falling asleep. Would like to know more as well. (Of course, Mr.Twolf wanted to know who Kylie is and what was the fuss about the whole big thing!)

Yes I tried Kylie's 'Darling' yesterday and was a bit disappointed. I didn't like the top or middlenotes because they were a bit too bland an unoriginal for my taste. (Although not in the notes listed on this site I'm sure I could smell mandarin which isn't my favourite.) But I did love the basenotes and they had great staying power, but not enough for me to wear it regularly.

Unhappy Re: Has anyone tried Darling????

Yes tried this one today & not impressed very light miss matched notes very lichee and lilly and some sort of citrus maybe grapefruit but to to light no depth atall but the bottle is very pretty hope her next one has more guts to it

Quote Originally Posted by jingles
    Yes tried this one today & not impressed very light miss matched notes very lichee and lilly and some sort of citrus maybe grapefruit but to to light no depth atall but the bottle is very pretty hope her next one has more guts to it
    I tried it at a department store, I found that it smelled very... immature. It smells like something you get in a gift set for a seven year old. Very fruity.

And actually, I hate the bottle. :P Has no one noticed that it's shaped like a backside?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahrarah
    I tried it at a department store, I found that it smelled very... immature. It smells like something you get in a gift set for a seven year old. Very fruity.

And actually, I hate the bottle. :P Has no one noticed that it's shaped like a backside?!
    I agree with you.

My friend and I had to smell it out of curiosity. We both thought it smelled like a toy perfume for a child - it had no depth or body.

A backside?! :P Now that you mention it....

Red face Re: Has anyone tried Darling????

I own a bottle of 'Darling' - mainly because it's the first fragrance campaign I've worked on since becoming a 'Fragrance Demonstrator' (that's not my official title lol). But I do like it!

It starts off quite fruity, considering it's classed as a Floriental. The top notes are Passionfruit and Lychee. It then goes into the mid notes of Freesia, Lily & Boronia, followed by the base notes of Australian Sandalwood, Amberwood & Vanilla.

I like fruity fragrances, so the top notes really appealed to me. Considering it's an EDT, it lasts quite a while on the skin. I only had to reapply the fragrance once while working on the whole campaign- one day, I was working an 8 hour shift, and by hour 5 it wasn't too noticable anymore (except for a subtle vanilla scent).

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahrarah
    Has no one noticed that it's shaped like a backside?!
    Apparently, the design of the bottle is meant to be the shape of Kylie's lips when you turn the bottle upside down (so you're looking at the bottom of the bottle, rather than the profile)...I think they designed the bottle the way it is to make it a talking point (because of her famous backside!) and maybe more appealing to the customer. It has certainly gotten a lot of people talking about it in the stores!!
    Last edited by gloomy_liv; 28th December 2006 at 01:51 AM.

Wink Re: Has anyone tried Darling????

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy_liv
    Apparently, the design of the bottle is meant to be the shape of Kylie's lips when you turn the bottle upside down (so you're looking at the bottom of the bottle, rather than the profile)...I think they designed the bottle the way it is to make it a talking point (because of her famous backside!) and maybe more appealing to the customer. It has certainly gotten a lot of people talking about it in the stores!!
    I never thought of looking at it from underneath! But the first time I saw the bottle, all I could think was "Okay, Kylie, darling... you're taking the 'world's best bum' thing a little too far. I am NOT spraying a butt on me."